windows 10 and video playback

Reality does not affect the government and they would spend huge sums trying anyway. I think this discussion would be best held in a different forum o_O

Lets get back to W10 here shall we?
Phil

(...) but I will not even consider installing w10 until enough is known about it, and until it's problems have been discovered and worked out.
Welcome to the club, Phil! :)

this turned into a tin-foil hat party. :D

I guess I'm a risk taker because I've popped win10 on three of my personal machines now. and if anybody from Microsoft is reading this as I type, please don't look in my cleverly named nrop folder.

I'm not going to try it now because out of the 3 computers I have only two are compatible (sorry, but I don't believe the W10 minimum requirement's crap that MS is trying to "sell" to people, so no point in pointing it out to me again). One of them is completely out of the question because it's my musical production tool and I know that a lot of software and drivers that I use aren't compatible with the W10 (even with the W7 I had a hard time getting some of them to work properly). So, there's only one left and it's fine as it it, thank you. :)

I have a little issue with having a not quite legit Win7 install. Although it gets all the updates etc :)

...I will not even consider installing w10 until enough is known about it, and until it's problems have been discovered and worked out....
That's just another way of saying 'never' since MS is still releasing fixes for problems in Win 7. :D

I just got windows 10 and so far no problem playing video files from Rexing V1 and Nautilus action camera.
Windows 10 does have default app store video players but I'm not used to them yet so I installed my favorite Daum Pot player.

nautilus-cam-files-folder-jpg.15704

Last edited by a moderator:
this turned into a tin-foil hat party. :D

I guess I'm a risk taker .....

You called it. Perhaps Windows 10 is best left to those machines that don't access the internet?

Is Microsoft snooping on your computer? Analysts claim Windows 10 sends identifiable information to tech giant EVEN when told not to
By Sarah Griffiths for MailOnline
Published: 19:05 GMT, 14 August 2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ormation-tech-giant-told-not-to.html#comments
More than 14 million devices may be running Windows 10, but Microsoft is under fire for collecting users' information.
The tech giant angered privacy watchdogs with an updated privacy statement saying it can access private emails, address books and other files.
Now, a report suggests the system will even send identifiable information to Microsoft if a user activates the software's privacy protection settings and switches certain features off completely.

Full story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...iable-information-tech-giant-told-not-to.html

Back