Won't write to any memory card

advaldo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have got a 522GW + rear cam module. A while back it stopped writing anything to the memory card, so did all of the below:
1. Factory reset
2. Firmware update
3. Purchased official Nextbase SD card

But despite that, it still fails to record anything. When manually pressing record, the symbol changes for a second and then reverts to non-record mode. Slightly stumped what else there is to try (if anything!). So any assistance gratefully received.

Meant to add; memory card was formatted both via a laptop as well as within the 522GW menu, and tried with both a Nextbase and non-Nextbase brand of card.

I also have this issue - I press the red circle and it starts to record for 2 seconds then auto stops again. I have also tried all of the above as detailed by the OP.

Following thread for any advice.

Hi there, if it's identical to mine then it's a hardware issue. Nextbase are very quick to point the finger at SD card quality, espousing theirs as superior, but that's just not the case. I was sent (a new) Nextbase SD card by customer service, this did absolutely nothing.

I gave up and switched to a Pelsee dashcam, and lo and behold, my old Samsung SD card worked flawlessly.

Before pointing fingers towards Nextbase, you might want to verify your SD card first with h2testw.

i had 2 costumers this week with the same issue, 1 i sent a Kingston U3 , didn't work, then a SanDisk and samsung , all 3 didn't work, costumers return the card, not sure what they will do now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C 522GW 5
aldaniel 522GW 20
J 522GW 5
Back