X2Pro - Questions

Marc999

Reaction score
Country
Canada
(1) How's the audio quality? Is it loud/clear enough?
(2) Why do some GPS modules clip directly on the unit, while others (i.e. Street Guardian gps?) is ideally placed off to the side?
(3) I've watched clips where the location (lat/long.) is not shown. Is there a way to toggle that on, or is that available feature?
-----------------------------------------

I'm comparing this to the Viofo 119 v2 and wanted to get a feel for quality differences. I understand Street Guardian has a 2 year warranty (if registered), which is helpful.
I'm impressed with both the day/night time clips I've seen so picture quality seems great.

----------------------------------------

thanks guys,
Marc

1. Good
  2. GPS performance is better and the Street Guardian mount system is more stable and reliable this way. SGX2HW parking mode power connects easier with or without GPS.

Pass through power pins from gps mounts of other products seem to fail a lot.

3. Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer will show all GPS info. It’s a free licensed version of DashCamViewer.com ($25 value)

You can add an optional rear camera to the X2 PRO as well

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the feedback.

What brands/size sdhc card would you recommend?

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

What brands/size sdhc card would you recommend?

I use Sandisk A1 400GB in my own setup.

We bundle cards to make sure they are good quality.

@Street Guardian Canada and @Street Guardian USA both have a combination of the following cards depending on supply availability / prices. All are good.

Sandisk A1
Transcend A1
Samsung EVO U3 (green)

Do you have an installation video for this product, or a similar product that I could follow?

Do I need any particular tool(s)?

Is the camera easy enough to snap on/off each day, so I can take it in the house with me, when not in use?

Last edited:
You will probably need a Phillips head screwdriver for some of the car plastic trim, the camera come with a nifty little plastic pry bar.
You will find several videos on youtube about how to install dashcams and also hard wire them, might not be on this particular camera but its more or less the same with all cameras and cars.

The SG cameras come with a power wire that plug into a cigarette lighter on your dash or center console, a little up the wire is a black box that house the 12 V to 5 V converter, if you want your dashboard lighter free for other stuff you can cut off the plug on the 12 V end and then wire it into the fuse box.

So you need to plug or wire that in to your car and route the USB side under the dash and up the A pillar and across the headliner to the middle of the windscreen.
The SG cameras GPS are a mouse style antenna, so it just plug into the camera ( with a USB plug too ) recommended location for GPS antenna are upper corners of windscreen, best to have some distance to the camera itself.
If you buy a 2 channel system a third wire will have to be routed from the camera and out back to there you place the rear camera.

Power to the GPS and rear camera are handled by the front camera so no additional power wire for those.

Thanks for the detailed description - I think this is something I can handle.

It's a Honda Accord and I've seen people tuck in the cable in the headliner, then across the upper portion of the Passenger Side Air Bag, then pull back the weather stripping and tuck the cable down the frame, hide under floor mat, then plug in 12v.

I've never had one of these cameras before so wanted to know what I was getting in to.

Yes its not really that bad, i have done this often on my car so i know it well, took me about 30 minutes when i installed my SG9663DC, which i did also video, but sadly the footage was useless.
I will try and do a video doku next time SG send me a camera.
But the routing in cars are pretty much the same, it can differ a little how you get the plastic trim off, and then a few cameras today are 12 V to the camera, but most like the SG cameras are 5 V USB for power.

I routed my rear camera wire along the door rubber seals so it should be out of the way of any curtain airbags deploying, i could also have used the longer wire provided and gone the down low route along the floor of my little car, but that would have taken even longer,,,, and i am lazy.

Along the top of the windscreen the headliner are not fixed, so you should be able to just tuck the wires up over it there.
Down the A pillar you often have a bundle of wires already you can tie the cable to, under the dashboard are just inconvenient as far as the working position go,,,, at least for a old non flexible guy like myself, but plenty of room in there.

If you hardwire it can be a little problematic to find a good fuse to use in the fuse box, at least when i did that it was only the 6 fuse or so i tried that was ACC, but if you go for the cigarette lighter on the dash its just plug and play so to say.

Thanks again - how many hours do you get on a 64gb sdxc card, when recording at 1080p 60fps?
I presume I can change the recording length of files? (1 min, 5 min. etc.)?
I can't imagine needing a 400gb card.

I think it will be the same 8 hours as you would expect recording in 1080/30, 400 GB will for sure be plenty for a single camera, if anything then maybe 128 GB
But in general i say 64 GB for each channel in a system, at least that's what i feel comfortable with, but i have only used 1080/60 with another camera and it had massive higher bitrates than the SG cameras have due to me using a modified firmware.

Segment length for all the SG cameras are between 1-2-3-5 and as i recall even 10 minutes, i think most of us use the default 3 minutes.

I will just tag @jokiin here so he can fill in on the expected recording time for this camera with 1080/60 and a 64GB card, and maybe say if my saying 10 minute for segment size are my memory acting up again.

Thanks again - how many hours do you get on a 64gb sdxc card, when recording at 1080p 60fps?
I presume I can change the recording length of files? (1 min, 5 min. etc.)?
6.5hours for 64GB at 1080p60

loop recording options of 1min, 2min, 3min and 5min in the menu

6.5hours for 64GB at 1080p60

loop recording options of 1min, 2min, 3min and 5min in the menu
This is kinda related but didn’t want to start a new thread. What is loop recording? What do the difference times mean?

loop recording just means when the card fills up it will delete the oldest file on the card to make way for the next file (FIFO, first in, first out) so it runs in a continuous loop, the loop setting allows you to choose how long each segment is, the recording is continuous but segmented according to the loop setting, kind of like chapters in a DVD movie

Back