Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

I' use the v1.2.12 custom fw.
How can I use same setting in timelapse video? (2k 35mbps)

@gente do you understand the difference between coring and noise reduction ? Because I don't.. XD .... Anyway what you get changing coring to 104? more sharpness?

i mean coring is like unsharp masking, it sharpens the cants of the picture increasing the contrast. It is not as hard as normal sharpening. Sharpening could increase the noise of a foto. Noise reduction makes a foto smoother but less sharp. More noise reduction in the Filter unsharpen a foto. If you set noise reduction to a smaller value it becomes sharper, higher it becomes smoother and less sharp. They are both filters to set sharpness and you can work with both together.
I set in config file to 104 to become more sharpness.
MFG
gente

@Mcpackin, yes they are compatible, but you have to remove or change the lines for the bitrate and resolution. Thes are new codes for the 1.2.12.
The bitrates you can change with custom firmware to 35mbps or ever bitrate you want. Here is a modified one in the first post to download in 35mbps, but sure you know how to do the update: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-custom-firmware-with-lastest-revision.13557/
The new 1.2.12 now support resolution in 2,3k (2304x1296). If you need other resolutions not selectable in the App you have to set via script.
In the attachment are the adresses for the 1.2.12 fw and my modified movie script with config file, put both in the main path of micro sd and test it.
I changed the coring (14 to 104) in config file, the saturation and vibrance, gamma correction, enable 4GB splitting, making cardinfo.txt, beep at the end for notification. The lines with # in front are disabled but you can enable deleting the #. I use this script and a modified firmware for 35mbps. In normal situations and best quality i filming with 2304x1296 30fps 35mbps, in fast action situations and sometimes filming from car i use 1920x1080 60fps 35mbps. For good quality and more less file size i go to 1920x1080 30fps 35mbps.
Timelapse and burst mode not yet tested. Ihope i could help you a little bit.
MFG
gente
zip file is still broken, can you please check and upload it again? Thanks!

...i have no problems in downloading and unpacking, but i uploaded a new version!

Attachments

• gentes_video_script.zip
    976 bytes · Views: 72
I know, but waiting because there is not much changed.
I mean my 4gb script needs a new adress.
The other scripts without resolution or bitrate settings must work also in new version.

Hi gente, thanks for the file. Do you know what this command is doing?

#enable 14 scene mode
t cal -sc 14

1.12.13 custom? waiting for your excellent work :)

New Firmware release! First post Updated... :)

New Firmware release! First post Updated... :)

Damn Fried you are fast :D that's good. I was going to say that the Bitrate Addresses are the same as for the 1.2.12, so in terms of all the scripts everything should work like for 1.2.12 on 1.2.13 too ;)

Last edited:
...also the 4GB splitting script?

Didn't tested it yet, I'll try it now and will update you soon ;)

Hi gente, thanks for the file. Do you know what this command is doing?

#enable 14 scene mode
t cal -sc 14
it gives more scene modes, nutseynut tested the modes, the 14th mode he means it have a better looking video.

@Mcpackin, yes they are compatible, but you have to remove or change the lines for the bitrate and resolution. Thes are new codes for the 1.2.12.
The bitrates you can change with custom firmware to 35mbps or ever bitrate you want. Here is a modified one in the first post to download in 35mbps, but sure you know how to do the update: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-custom-firmware-with-lastest-revision.13557/
The new 1.2.12 now support resolution in 2,3k (2304x1296). If you need other resolutions not selectable in the App you have to set via script.
In the attachment are the adresses for the 1.2.12 fw and my modified movie script with config file, put both in the main path of micro sd and test it.
I changed the coring (14 to 104) in config file, the saturation and vibrance, gamma correction, enable 4GB splitting, making cardinfo.txt, beep at the end for notification. The lines with # in front are disabled but you can enable deleting the #. I use this script and a modified firmware for 35mbps. In normal situations and best quality i filming with 2304x1296 30fps 35mbps, in fast action situations and sometimes filming from car i use 1920x1080 60fps 35mbps. For good quality and more less file size i go to 1920x1080 30fps 35mbps.
Timelapse and burst mode not yet tested. Ihope i could help you a little bit.
MFG
gente

Do i put the 1.2.12-fw bitrate_addresses.txt and goprawn.config also in the root of sd card?
Or i need only the autoexec.ash ?

Do i put the 1.2.12-fw bitrate_addresses.txt and goprawn.config also in the root of sd card?
Or i need only the autoexec.ash ?

put only goprawn.config and autoexec.cash in the root folder! The bitrate.txt is only for you to look what adresses to set manually if you want one thats not supported byn the firmware...

now i tested the splitting 4GB script with 1.2.13 but no function, it splits the files in 2GB parts :
# set file size to 4GB
sleep 3
writew 0xC03A8620 0x2004
sleep 1

is doesn't work any more!

Last edited:
As of now I'll tell you only one thing which is the best for sure, that Fried's firmware is the best and the most stable one currently, the on on 35Mbps is the most stable, I've tried 50Mbps script on 1.2.13 and the file is 2:13 seconds on 50Mbps and again splitted to 30Mbps next files (1.85GB big) and with Fried firmware 1.2.13 all files are equally splitted to 1.85GB and each next file and the first of course is @35Mbps. So don't use any other firmware because there will be file splittage and wrong/lower video bitrate, now I'm going home (driving back home from work) and will start recording at 1296p at 35Mbps with the 4GB script and once I get back home I'll let you all know if the files are splitted at 3.66GB and each one at 35Mbps Video Bitrate

...also the 4GB splitting script?

now i tested the splitting 4GB script with 1.2.13 but no function, it splits the files in 2GB parts :
# set file size to 4GB
sleep 3
writew 0xC03A8620 0x2004
sleep 1

is doesn't work any more!

So then I'll not test it at all :(, damn, why it just stopped working, I think that all the scripts are not working now even the sharpness one is not working for me anymore :(

Back