Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

No.
Do not do lines 1, 2, or 3. Only copy the two files (auto exec.ash and GoPrawn.config) onto the SD card. That's all there is to it. You should not neede to open those files or edit them at this point. They are both Unix compatible and don't need any alterations.
Thanks again and again again..lol. Well I'll let you know what happen!!.. and again, Thank you.
Good night!
Rodher R.

Thanks for the info
Jerry

Yeah, its another Unix thing. The SD card is identified by the camera's system as device d:
Here's a code snippet I grabbed from another script. Notice the paths to the target files.

I was watching some xiaomi yt videos with no more mods than noise reduction, they look very good, now, assuming that I want to make noise reduction modd what do I need to change here:

#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#If you want to set noise reduction value to 2048 just remove the hash key from the row below and for all the resolutions you will have sharpness as craze
#t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

...just the red numbers, change to i.e. 1024?, but nothing else?
Thank you
Rodher R.

I was watching some xiaomi yt videos with no more mods than noise reduction, they look very good, now, assuming that I want to make noise reduction modd what do I need to change here:

#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#If you want to set noise reduction value to 2048 just remove the hash key from the row below and for all the resolutions you will have sharpness as craze
#t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

...just the red numbers, change to i.e. 1024?, but nothing else?
Thank you
Rodher R.
Yes, except do remove the # sign at the start of that line or your camera will interpret it as a comment line and the command will be ignored.

Yes, except do remove the # sign at the start of that line or your camera will interpret it as a comment line and the command will be ignored.
Ok, I've already paste the files (goprawn....) and I'm about to try it,,, :
Thank you. I'll try to post all my testings results
Rodher r.

Is Noise Reduction enabled before any script mods? I mean a new camera or firmware has it enabled or it just can be enabled through script?
Thank you
Rodher R.

Is Noise Reduction enabled before any script mods? I mean a new camera or firmware has it enabled or it just can be enabled through script?
Thank you
Rodher R.
For now you can enable it by script but maybe in future they could add new option to handle it via app...

For now you can enable it by script but maybe in future they could add new option to handle it via app...
Thank you Fried... :) I was asking because that video on yt looks very sharp, but it has noise reduction set to 1024, yesterday I did enabled it and set it to 2048 but my clip looks not as good as the clip with no enabled noise reduction!...
Thank you
Rodher R.

I just tried a 720p 120fps with noise reduction @2048 it's more sharp but there's also alot noise I shoot it @home with artificial light, maybe isn't that much to remove sensor noise..

New firmware revision 14/09/2015..... First post updated

Hi there ;)
Is it just reuploads or some modifications has been done?
Kinda new here, couldn't find any changelog.

Hi there ;)
Is it just reuploads or some modifications has been done?
Kinda new here, couldn't find any changelog.

-- Latest Firmware Version:v1.2.12 --
Updated Time: 2015-09-14 03:54:27.0

• Added Photos folder while taking photo in time-lapse and Burst mode;
  • Optimized the power-svaing mode, in order to increase the camera working time;
  • Optimized the hint sound and LED light, helping to recognize the camera’s status;
  • Optimized the experience of loop video record while SD-Card is full;
  • Fixed no response while controlling Camera via APP;
  • Fixed the image reveral setting don’t take effect while recording video in time-lapse mode;
  • Fixed no preview video in app after reconnecting camera;
  • Fixed duration difference between preview video and the actual video file in time-lapse mode;

Thanks, but I don't get it. This is the same changelog as for previous 1.2.12 august revision, so what has been changed?

Thanks, but I don't get it. This is the same changelog as for previous 1.2.12 august revision, so what has been changed?
For example in previous one when you do a time lapse cam limit folder to 1000pics and then create new folder, now I noticed that this limit is removed or improved I can't completely test it cause my battery die after 1 one hour and half... :)

Hello, I am using the 1.2.10 firmware with the YiMax-Movie script, I want to upgrade to the 1.2.12 firmware but I am not sure if the YiMax scripts are compatible with the new firmware... Do you know?

@Mcpackin, yes they are compatible, but you have to remove or change the lines for the bitrate and resolution. Thes are new codes for the 1.2.12.
The bitrates you can change with custom firmware to 35mbps or ever bitrate you want. Here is a modified one in the first post to download in 35mbps, but sure you know how to do the update: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-custom-firmware-with-lastest-revision.13557/
The new 1.2.12 now support resolution in 2,3k (2304x1296). If you need other resolutions not selectable in the App you have to set via script.
In the attachment are the adresses for the 1.2.12 fw and my modified movie script with config file, put both in the main path of micro sd and test it.
I changed the coring (14 to 104) in config file, the saturation and vibrance, gamma correction, enable 4GB splitting, making cardinfo.txt, beep at the end for notification. The lines with # in front are disabled but you can enable deleting the #. I use this script and a modified firmware for 35mbps. In normal situations and best quality i filming with 2304x1296 30fps 35mbps, in fast action situations and sometimes filming from car i use 1920x1080 60fps 35mbps. For good quality and more less file size i go to 1920x1080 30fps 35mbps.
Timelapse and burst mode not yet tested. Ihope i could help you a little bit.
MFG
gente

Attachments

Are you sure the zip file is good? I get an error when I try to unzip it.
Thanks
Jerry

Back