Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Thank you for the firmware. Its working well.

One thing, Ive found the cam seems to have a small gaussian blur. Here is a photo Ive cropped into 50%. I know photos and video is a bit different but look at then lights and the white car. Can someone tell me if my cam is unfocused or is its just an added blur by thenfirmware?

Ive found it to be like this in all light conditions but this photo was the best exsample.

9141abae955317429524de500995c37a.jpg

I too had inconsistent bitrate and strange file splitting with this firmware on 30fps, so i made one myself(1.2.13 22L - 23L), and now it works great!

1080 and 720, all with 35, 30, 25Mbps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6kdJzQz0nzpY1RJSFFGWGdiSFE/view?usp=sharing
Sounds good , I think I kind of have the same program , I realised I have a 13mb video between my footage , and all bitrates was different. But your firmware.bin doesnt get installed while my cam booting?

EDIT: Now worked fine , dont know what i did wrong at first time thanks

Sounds good , I think I kind of have the same program , I realised I have a 13mb video between my footage , and all bitrates was different. But your firmware.bin doesnt get installed while my cam booting?

What settings are working without smaller videos in between the normal 2-4GB ones for you?

2304x1296 30fps 35mbits works fine with 2GB and 4GB splitting on 23L
I mean its dependent on micro sd speed.

What settings are working without smaller videos in between the normal 2-4GB ones for you?
I have never get 4gb videos is it possible without a script?
I had about %40 battery when I installed firmware , at 1080p60fps , all files (3 as I remember ) were 2gb files but one of them had 32000kbps bitrate. Better than earlier but need further tests to be sure.

I have never get 4gb videos is it possible without a script?
I had about %40 battery when I installed firmware , at 1080p60fps , all files (3 as I remember ) were 2gb files but one of them had 32000kbps bitrate. Better than earlier but need further tests to be sure.
You need a script....

2304x1296 30fps 35mbits works fine with 2GB and 4GB splitting on 23L
I mean its dependent on micro sd speed.
Yes that resolution works fine in my tests on my Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDHC up to 48MB/s (got a spread sheet in another post) -- looking at faster SD cards for higher bit rate. Does FPS essentially double bitrate required?

Superview (GoPro Hero3+, 4 Silver/Black and some others)
For FPVers, this is one of the reasons why people buy GoPros instead of a Yi for a fraction of the price. Although there is (unfortunately) no firmware for the Yi that can do this: https://gopro.com/support/articles/what-is-superview , it is possible to get something like it with the use of a clever editor. I use the FW in post #1 for my z23a and Shotcut to get this by 1) Recording in 1280x960p60 (35mbit), upscaling to 1920x1050 (yes - not 1080. Need that ~3% distortion to add the perception of high speed), rendering to 1080p60 at 35-40M bitrate,95% quality.

Superview (GoPro Hero3+, 4 Silver/Black and some others)
Recording in 1280x960p60 (35mbit), upscaling to 1920x1050 (yes - not 1080. Need that ~3% distortion to add the perception of high speed), rendering to 1080p60 at 35-40M bitrate,95% quality.
...upscaling and renderinging using wich software?

Last edited:
shotcut causes at loading plugins a crash on my windows 7 system.
What software can also upscale videos, rendering i can do wth my video software.
thankx

Last edited:
I also use Premiere Elements, but prefer Shotcut for the job. My Thinkpad is also running Win7.

I tried the firmware from the first page (custom_fw1.2.13_rev22L-23L.bin) and after recording in 1080p 60fps, I found some smaller segment sizes that are 14 MB and 82 MB. There's also one or two seconds missing between files. I just realized that my microSD card is only Class 4, though, so I need to updgrade my microSD card.

sorry but can't notice the superview effect...maybe you can show side by side comparison of rendered in superview and the normal :)

...looking for a free software testing upscaling from 1280 x960 to 1920x1050 because shotcut is crashing on my win7 32 bit system while loading plugins.
Any idea?

Back