Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

oh thanks Fried, now i will download it, and i hope its will work for my cam :)

Edit :

i already try it to my camera its work, but my camera just still showing "System is busy" and not load any preview from lens, i have this problem before, so maybe something wrong with mycamera, but i think this custom firmware will work for another camera, thanks for create it Fried.

i just really confuse about my cam, everytime i instal other firmware than 1.1.0 its will bootlooping, but if i use 1.1.0 firmware its stop looping, but always have same problem like i said before, do u have any idea about this?

Last edited:
Why certain class 10 sd card fail to make 35mbps ? It should be way under spec.
And Fried why did you choose 35mbps ? And not 30 or 40 for example ?

BTW i'm running 1.2.3 with 35mbps, i have some split file but very rarely, i tried 40/45/50 by script but never manage to get more than 35.
I ordered a new sd card to test.

Why certain class 10 sd card fail to make 35mbps ? It should be way under spec.
And Fried why did you choose 35mbps ? And not 30 or 40 for example ?

BTW i'm running 1.2.3 with 35mbps, i have some split file but very rarely, i tried 40/45/50 by script but never manage to get more than 35.
I ordered a new sd card to test.
it's couple of months that I'm using 64gb samsung microsd (bought from amazon it's orange card) without splitting issue (anyway I also used a 32gb chinese card earlier that works good aswell) for 35mbps bitrate it's not my choice but I simply take a look to test done by other users before me, and after make my test it seems that this bitrate has better quality/performance ratio possible.

it's couple of months that I'm using 64gb samsung microsd (bought from amazon it's orange card) without splitting issue (anyway I also used a 32gb chinese card earlier that works good aswell) for 35mbps bitrate it's not my choice but I simply take a look to test done by other users before me, and after make my test it seems that this bitrate has better quality/performance ratio possible.

Ok thanks.

oh thanks Fried, now i will download it, and i hope its will work for my cam :)

Edit :

i already try it to my camera its work, but my camera just still showing "System is busy" and not load any preview from lens, i have this problem before, so maybe something wrong with mycamera, but i think this custom firmware will work for another camera, thanks for create it Fried.

i just really confuse about my cam, everytime i instal other firmware than 1.1.0 its will bootlooping, but if i use 1.1.0 firmware its stop looping, but always have same problem like i said before, do u have any idea about this?
did you try to record something without app preview simply hitting shutter button and check on card if there's something?..

did you try to record something without app preview simply hitting shutter button and check on card if there's something?..

at the looping mode, i try to take a photo and recording video and i just got "3 beep" fast like no MicroSD inserted, but i have MicroSD there, and i can turn on the wifi , but cause it looping so it turn off again.

and btw when i instal 1.1.0 firmware i only got DCIM folder in my camera, there is no MISC folder, is it the things that happen because i use an old firmware?

Last edited:
Anyone can tell me what is all these custom firmware is?i had really no idea..if i want the best photo quality , which is the best firmware??

Anyone can tell me what is all these custom firmware is?i had really no idea..if i want the best photo quality , which is the best firmware??
for photo quality use script, this firmwares are made to get high bitrate by default

hi so i can download this and flash this to my camera and it will be upgraded with 35MPBS?
use firmware in the first post, this one is an old version that I'll deleted soon...

i flash the firmware onto my yi and it still not show up as 35mbps..i renamed it firmware.bin also but still nothing

Hi,

first of all thank you for your work on the Yi firmware! Cool to see how such a cheap little cam can be pushed to new heights!

I want to use my cam for a very specific purpose. We will use the Yi (and other action cams) for the production of short films where we use action cams in dangerous situations that might be too risky for default equipment. Common practice in a lof of shoots, nothing special. Now I wanted to ask you if you can use post the code for a firmware modification here or give me web links so that I can do this myself. So here are the firmware characteristics I need:
_ 24 fps video shoot at a high 16:9 resolution (1080p? 2,3K? Now I am reading that even 2560x1440p is possible?)
_ long continuous video shoots with larg file sizes (I am reading 2 GB is default, 4 GB is max?)
_ compression artefact reduction
_ bitrate that does not make the cam run hot (I read everything above 30 MBit/s heats the cam too much?) - do I need a microSD card above Class 10 for this?
_ mild noise reduction (I was reading that 1024 or 2048 gives best results?)
_ "flat" image (this is very important; I was reading online that you can brighten the dark areas and decrease saturation?)

Can you do this for me? Or point me in the right direction?

_ 24 fps video shoot at a high 16:9 resolution (1080p? 2,3K? Now I am reading that even 2560x1440p is possible?)
_ long continuous video shoots with larg file sizes (I am reading 2 GB is default, 4 GB is max?)
_ compression artefact reduction
_ bitrate that does not make the cam run hot (I read everything above 30 MBit/s heats the cam too much?) - do I need a microSD card above Class 10 for this?
_ mild noise reduction (I was reading that 1024 or 2048 gives best results?)
_ "flat" image (this is very important; I was reading online that you can brighten the dark areas and decrease saturation?)
- 2304x1296 is highest what sensor can do
- 4GB is max
- jpg quality 100 is without compression
- 35mbits
- class 10, UHS 3 quicker is more stable
- in daylight 500 and in night 2048 best results
- flat image with nutseys goprawn script
- yes you can set saturation, vibrance, blacklight and whitelevel
look and search here in forum there are many ready scripts with description you can set together for your wishes.

#set ISO and Exposure
# exp: [iso_idx][exp_idx][gain_idx], 0 auto
t ia2 -ae exp 25600 1200 0

is there a way to apply this to videos?

Thank you

Back