XIAOMI Yi sport Camera died after firmware update

Hello,
I am having a similar problem, but different. I was prompted to update camera firmware and I did. First time progress got stuck at 36%. I canceled the update and tried again. It updated to 100% in a couple minutes. After I did the update, now I can not connect to my phone. The blue WiFi light just stays solid on. It never flashes, and once I have pressed the WiFi button, I can not turn it off. I've tried pressing the button, holding the button, nothing works. I have tried doing the factory reset, the camera did reset, but did not fix my problem. I've tried getting that file you have posted here and I can't download the file. I'm not sure if its because I'm in the USA or what. So I'm kinda stuck here now with the camera back on its factory settings and I can't get it to connect to my phone. It worked perfect before I did the update. I would turn camera on, press WiFi button, it would flash and I was able to connect. But now like I said blue WiFi light just stays solid on. Please help!

If the mega site is not working, I have hosted the full v1.0 firmware here as well (zipped).

I have attached the autoexec script that reverend has created in this post as well.

EDIT: Just left the 4th script since it is the best one.

Attachments

• Autoexec Script 4.zip
    227 bytes · Views: 417
Last edited:
Hope they got it working for when i can afford to buy one :p and by then having a app that work on windows phones too.

Mega thanks @DashCamMan - so basically from those it's AutoExec Script 4 you want:

Autoexec Script 4.zip

Download that along with the firmware from earlier, and then put the yifirmware.bin into the DCIM folder, the autoexec.ash file into the top level / root folder and then just turn it on.

Leave the camera for 15 minutes and then just remove the battery, remove the microSD card and plug it into your PC and check the progress.txt file in DCIM to make sure it got to 100%.

Now format the microSD card in the PC, put it back into the camera, put the battery back into the camera and then turn it on and see how it looks.

It takes around ten seconds to start up the camera, then when that's done it takes about another five or ten seconds for the WiFi light to start flashing on mine.

If that still doesn't work then it's possible you've got a faulty WiFi module in there somewhere I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mtz
I wonder if camera can downgrade firmware.
For instance, you got new firmware update to 1.0.1 (or few updates later), and camera bricked. You are trying to unbrick it using 1.0.0 files. Is it gonna work?

Yes that should be fine - you can go backwards and forwards with this method, so this unbrick would always get you back to 1.0.0 and then you can go from there - when they release new firmware versions if we can get the full file as well and update this :)

New firmwares shouldnt brick your camera if you are on 1.0.0, they updated firmware algorithm

Ah there's an easier way for Wi-Fi - if you configure the camera to auto boot into video mode via the application you'll get the red lights all come on when it has booted - once the red lights come on you can just give the WiFi button a quick press and it will come straight on :)

I do wonder if the app is basically getting a terminated download and then not properly checking the MD5 sum of the firmware file before trying to upgrade the camera - hopefully if it's something they've fixed in 1.0 it will start to die down a bit in terms of the noise that was generated :)

Ah there's an easier way for Wi-Fi - if you configure the camera to auto boot into video mode via the application you'll get the red lights all come on when it has booted - once the red lights come on you can just give the WiFi button a quick press and it will come straight on :)

I do wonder if the app is basically getting a terminated download and then not properly checking the MD5 sum of the firmware file before trying to upgrade the camera - hopefully if it's something they've fixed in 1.0 it will start to die down a bit in terms of the noise that was generated :)
Or you can just actiavte Auto wi-fi startup option :p Did that and never worry about turning wi-fi on

Yeah, leave that and your battery will drain :)

I am still having issues with any of the methods described here and also from the MIUI forums.

The progress.txt file never gets past [4l

Is there any way you can help me? I spent all last night and this morning (about 5 hours so far) trying to get this working. The beeping is driving everyone in my house crazy!

That's suggesting the camera can't find the yifirmware.bin file.

So to double check.

You have this file in the top level of the memory card:
Autoexec Script 4.zip

You then have a copy of yifirmware.bin saved to the top level of the memory card and a copy in the DCIM folder?
here as well (zipped)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello reverend. is it possible to update yi's firmware by downloading the vanilla firmware (or your custom firmware) and then putting it on the memory card's root folder? i want to avoid updating tru app and wifi. can it be done?

well ive tried everything. got progress to 100% and camera is still the same. Wifi light is still just solid on blue and once I press the wifi button, I can not turn it off or anything. Still unable to connect to phone. Very frustrating because it worked fine before I did the update. Im currently emailing the retailer I bought it from because I would like to return this thing. not a very well thought out design if everyone is having all these issues. Ive lost all hope in these gopro clones. gopro here I come.

Can someone help me please.i cannot use my camera.everytime im trying to connect it to my phone its says like this.please help.thanksScreenshot_2015-03-28-16-56-31.png

Screenshot_2015-03-29-14-25-58.png
every time i select the ok button.it turn to yi cam unfortunately stop.

Not sure what to say to that one Nivram as it looks more like a possible compatibility issue with your Android phone the way it just crashes out like that.

Can you connect to the camera wifi manually via your normal phone wifi settings?

Back