XIAOMI Yi sport Camera died after firmware update

well ive tried everything. got progress to 100% and camera is still the same. Wifi light is still just solid on blue and once I press the wifi button, I can not turn it off or anything. Still unable to connect to phone. Very frustrating because it worked fine before I did the update. Im currently emailing the retailer I bought it from because I would like to return this thing. not a very well thought out design if everyone is having all these issues. Ive lost all hope in these gopro clones. gopro here I come.
Might be worth you trying the new firmware 1.0.7 that came out today in case that helps with the WiFi?

Cannot
Not sure what to say to that one Nivram as it looks more like a possible compatibility issue with your Android phone the way it just crashes out like that.

Can you connect to the camera wifi manually via your normal phone wifi settings?
cannot bro.

You can actually upgrade the camera without needing any APK app.

To upgrade to 1.0.7 download this one:
https://mega.co.nz/#!FFwzxTTR!I9Veeq9enRsgroLAfzNEEEcj8IzxnJBYmjCSr2rKd1g

Unpack that, and then rename the file to firmware.bin

Copy the firmware.bin file to your MicroSD card in the top level via your PC, and then put the card into your Yi camera.

Important - before turning the camera on make sure it is connected to USB power otherwise if the battery dies during the upgrade it makes it more difficult to recover the camera.

Now turn on the camera and it will beep for around a minute or so and then turn itself off.

Wait until it has turned off - this means it has upgraded the Yi camera to 1.0.7

Now turn it on, enable the Wi-Fi and see if you get the same problem.

As for the app @dezmen3 has got a thread with the latest version in English here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-93465-1-1.html

I hope that helps :)

You can actually upgrade the camera without needing any APK app.

To upgrade to 1.0.7 download this one:

Unpack that, and then rename the file to firmware.bin

Copy the firmware.bin file to your MicroSD card in the top level via your PC, and then put the card into your Yi camera.

Important - before turning the camera on make sure it is connected to USB power otherwise if the battery dies during the upgrade it makes it more difficult to recover the camera.

Now turn on the camera and it will beep for around a minute or so and then turn itself off.

Wait until it has turned off - this means it has upgraded the Yi camera to 1.0.7

Now turn it on, enable the Wi-Fi and see if you get the same problem.

As for the app @dezmen3 has got a thread with the latest version in English here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-93465-1-1.html

I hope that helps :)
THanks for the help bro.ill comment here what ever will happen.hope its good one.

Hi Reverend, I am still having issues with mine. I think mine is properly bricked....

When I first got the camera it worked fine and I connected to my phone via wifi. Once on the app, I updated the firmware via the app. It got to 100% and seemed to work fine and I turned the camera off when it was finished. The next time I turned it on it just kept beeping.

I have tried all the methods described in this thread and nothing so far. Heres a screenshot of my latest attempt:

This was after waiting 15 minutes for it to beep, and I had a copy of yifirmware.bin in both the DCIM and root level of the SD card

IcCk8zB.png

Is there anything you can do to help me? I think I have a $220 paper weight!

Also I have contacted iBuyGou and they just said "hold power button and wifi button to factory reset"... This doesnt actually work because I cant even boot the camera

What size memory card are you using there?

That was a quick reply!

Its a 32GB FAT32 formatted Sandisk Ultra. It came as part of a package deal from ibuygou

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what those nvd files are so it will be interesting to see if they go away

Each time I have tried this I have formatted the sd card, the NVD files get added during the flashing process, or atleast seem too!

I will download that application now and try again. Thanks again! It hasnt been working since last week

Hi Reverend,

I have done a fresh format with the application you linked me, and I have setup the sd card as described, see photo below:

FSWaON8.png

I have put the sd card into the camera now and have set a timer for 15 minutes. I will take the battery out at 15 minutes and take a screenshot of the results

It will be interesting to see what it does - it's running the commands so it should be fixable (unless the nvram is hosed)

It may be worth trying another copy of the firmware just in case that one has corrupted somehow - I've got a copy of 1.0.7 here:

If you download that and unpack it, and then run it through winmd5:

http://www.winmd5.com/

You should get the following result:
66ce34593f861e52baa88e1e5b7f9c89

For this latest try I am actually using the 1.0.7 firmware already (saw your earlier post about its release). I will check its md5 now

Just verified the firmware I have is good (see below)

sJmzTvM.png

Ive got 6 minutes remaining on my 15 minute timer. It worth noting that it is still beeping away.

Also, I have no idea if this will affect things, but its worth noting that when the camera was working fine, I did change the wifi name and password. I really doubt that is making it not work.

Is it worth leaving it beep for longer than 15 minutes?

To be honest it shouldn't affect this - actually I spotted you already have Notepad++ - if you open the copy of autoexec.ash you have there and look towards the bottom right hand corner of the Notepad++ window does it say DOS or UNIX?

It shouldn't really take much more than a minute to finish this process off so 15 is definitely plenty.

It should start writing numbers out instantly so if it isn't there's a problem elsewhere.

To be honest it shouldn't affect this - actually I spotted you already have Notepad++ - if you open the copy of autoexec.ash you have there and look towards the bottom right hand corner of the Notepad++ window does it say DOS or UNIX?

It says UNIX. Good thinking though!

Ok timer finished, this is the result:

wDJa3Sx.png

This is consistent with what I have been seeing each time. I left this running/beeping for a total of 15 minutes each time. I have left it running for 30 minutes once and same result.

Also I have NO idea what those nvd files are, but they were added by the camera during this process.

Have you got any other microSD cards you could try at all please as something is weird here - just to double check can you copy and paste the contents of the autoexec.ash file in here please?

HAve you dropped the battery out and given it 30 seconds just to reinitialize everything before trying this?

Back