XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

Changed the script order in the following order. (see pictures)
Setting up a mode:
Pressing shutter button and then power button 0 times results in mode "default".
1 times results in mode "yitune".
2 times results in mode "yimax_pro".
3 times results in mode "normal".
4 times results in mode "supyiview".
5 times results in mode "night".
6 times results in mode "auto".

View attachment 24496 View attachment 24497

Does problem stil exist?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Look like I will stick with 2.1 versin until it got fixed :D

Hey buddy once again thanks for the ximode I lost my yi week ago. I buy the last one in the local store and there was suprise when I wanted to install ximode, my previous yi was z23l with the latest firmware 1.2.13 and ximode worked perfect. The new yi is z25l and the firmware version is 1.3.0 this is suprising because when I check the official yi firmware page there was no z25l model and also says that the last version of the firmware is 1.2.13. I tryed to install ximode everything works good the camera boot the light near the shutter button lights up and when I click the power button the wifi light lights up, I chose the normal script bu when I relese the shutter button the camera keeps rebooting and there is no long beep. My question is can ximode work with this firmware or should I use the 1.2.13 and if I use that firmware version which camera model should I choose because there is no z25l model on the official page

Hey buddy once again thanks for the ximode I lost my yi week ago. I buy the last one in the local store and there was suprise when I wanted to install ximode, my previous yi was z23l with the latest firmware 1.2.13 and ximode worked perfect. The new yi is z25l and the firmware version is 1.3.0 this is suprising because when I check the official yi firmware page there was no z25l model and also says that the last version of the firmware is 1.2.13. I tryed to install ximode everything works good the camera boot the light near the shutter button lights up and when I click the power button the wifi light lights up, I chose the normal script bu when I relese the shutter button the camera keeps rebooting and there is no long beep. My question is can ximode work with this firmware or should I use the 1.2.13 and if I use that firmware version which camera model should I choose because there is no z25l model on the official page
Wow. Never heard of a 1.3.0 version or a z25l modell. You sure the reseller was "official" because this sounds a little bit fishy...

For the fix about 2.1. : I'm not sure how to fix this issue, because there could be several issues :/
Maybe it's the script settings or its the code that lets you switch between the scripts. Maybe its none of them and the Yi has some firmware bugs...
Of course if I will ever find out I'll update it however I'm currently not working on that one. So If anybody is free to do some script changes and test by theirself and post results here, that would be awesome!

Is it possible to force default resolution for 8_custom script?
I want a default video resolution set to 1920x1080 30P with bitrate 20Mbit for Custom script. All other scripts can use resolution set in app.
Camera 23L 1.2.13fw

I tried

writel 0xC05C2D04 0x04380780
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x4140

but no success.

... My question is can ximode work with this firmware or should I use the 1.2.13 and if I use that firmware version which camera model should I choose because there is no z25l model on the official page

You can upload firmware from 23L v. 1.2.13. Works without problems. Ximode works as well.
I had the same problem.

Is it possible to force default resolution for 8_custom script?
I want a default video resolution set to 1920x1080 30P with bitrate 20Mbit for Custom script. All other scripts can use resolution set in app.
Camera 23L 1.2.13fw

I tried

writel 0xC05C2D04 0x04380780
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x4140

but no success.

Not sure but you might want to add:

writeb 0xC06CC426 0x03

Tell me how you can speed up the loading

I've been on vacation for a while but........
o_O Is this thread dead? :(

Currently it's on hold since I haven't used the Xiaomi for a while. If it comes to it again and I see that it needs improvement, I'll relive it ;)

Looks like Facebook can handle compression better than Youtube since there wasnt as much compression arteffects as Youtube would have. Is this post processed?
And you're welcome :)

I would like to know this as well, tried lots of things but end up loading just 3 secs faster...
You can speed things up by editing the booter.sh script which is located in the SCRIPTS folder.
Might need to try/edit several numbers/lines. NOTE: THIS IS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Looks like Facebook can handle compression better than Youtube since there wasnt as much compression arteffects as Youtube would have. Is this post processed?
And you're welcome :)

Yes was processed in Premiere... had to compress it, if you upload 4GB to FB that doesnt work... ;)

Okay cool :) For even better results, look up the max bitrate allowance of facebook, so you can already compress it to that size and facebook wont compress it anymore ;)

Okay cool :) For even better results, look up the max bitrate allowance of facebook, so you can already compress it to that size and facebook wont compress it anymore ;)

Thx, this is what I did actually, there is HowTo how to do it with Premiere on YT.....

Back