XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

Okay, but which mode is it? XIMODE contains several scripts/modes :p
As I said in my reply. I re-installed everything and made some videos.
I noticed that i have the same bluish result with my GP HERO 2.
So I guess its the crappy ND4 filter from Ebay that's causing this issue.
Sorry to make you nervous Tanckom. :oops:

As I said in my reply. I re-installed everything and made some videos.
I noticed that i have the same bluish result with my GP HERO 2.
So I guess its the crappy ND4 filter from Ebay that's causing this issue.
Sorry to make you nervous Tanckom. :oops:

Good to hear ^^ but good to inform me ;)

Got another issue since I installed your new 2.2.0
(Tried also re-installing the 22L firmware, wich did not help)
XIMODE "0" and XIMODE "AUTO" are looking good, but everything after that (NORMAL, NIGHT, YITUNE, SupYiView) is VERY blue :confused:
Using only CPL filter.
What am I doing wrong? :(
Image7.jpg

Last edited:
Got another issue since I installed your new 2.2.0
(Tried also re-installing the 22L firmware, wich did not help)
XIMODE "0" and XIMODE "AUTO" are looking good, but everything after that (NORMAL, NIGHT, YITUNE, SupYiView) is VERY blue :confused:
Using only CPL filter.
What am I doing wrong? :(
View attachment 24470

Try to change the number from the scripts and use another one as the first one.
F.ex.:
Instead of:
0_default.ash
1_auto.ash
2_normal.ash
3_night.ash

Change to:
0_default.ash
1_yitune.ash
2_yimax_pro.ash

And see if it depends on the order or if it is an script issue.

Try to change the number from the scripts and use another one as the first one.
F.ex.:
Instead of:
0_default.ash
1_auto.ash
2_normal.ash
3_night.ash

Change to:
0_default.ash
1_yitune.ash
2_yimax_pro.ash

And see if it depends on the order or if it is an script issue.

Changed the script order in the following order. (see pictures)
Setting up a mode:
Pressing shutter button and then power button 0 times results in mode "default".
1 times results in mode "yitune".
2 times results in mode "yimax_pro".
3 times results in mode "normal".
4 times results in mode "supyiview".
5 times results in mode "night".
6 times results in mode "auto".

Yi SCRIPS change order.jpg overview all.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, looks like it doesnt depend on the order, but it's the scripts.
Going to fix that but will take now months because I'm going on holiday...

Okay, looks like it doesnt depend on the order, but it's the scripts.
Going to fix that but will take now months because I'm going on holiday...
That's fine by me.
Have a nice holiday, and come home safe and sound. :)

Some have, some have not. Unluckily this happens to me too from time to time. And I didnt had time yet to test out which part of the script does this.

Maybe if you got the time, take two or three scripts from XIMODE, and remove commands and test. If this error at a test doesnt occur, try the same removed command at the other scripts. Then you might have found the problem. Also let us know so i can update :)

I've found the reason! Somebody might already know that.
The root cause of the issue is not a script, but a slow SD card instead. Once a camera notices that the card can't handle the specified bitrate (e.g. 35mbit), it stops shooting and starts another video with a lower bitrate.
So I use Samsung EVO+ 64GB and it could hardly handle 35mbit. So I set it to 30Mbit and it seems to be fine now.

Hope it will be useful for someone :)

Hi! I bought new micro sd card Kingston UHS-I U3+ad. SDCA3/32GB and problem with splitting files is solved.

I've found the reason! Somebody might already know that.
The root cause of the issue is not a script, but a slow SD card instead. Once a camera notices that the card can't handle the specified bitrate (e.g. 35mbit), it stops shooting and starts another video with a lower bitrate.
So I use Samsung EVO+ 64GB and it could hardly handle 35mbit. So I set it to 30Mbit and it seems to be fine now.

Hope it will be useful for someone :)

I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 40mbit and it works for my Nikon D5200 which runs on default 35 and goes up to 55.
However when I'm back, I'm going to lower it to 30 and then we'll see the results :)

And thanks Paul ;)

I am having troubles booting to last modes. I believe we have 6 seconds to select mode , but camera -or me- does not register 7 presses in 6 seconds. At least wifi does not blink. Do I have to use telnet or is there something I can edit 6 seconds to a longer amount?

edit: Changing order as a workaround.

Update: The file splitting issue comes from the resolution+bitrate setting. It's not because the card is to slow, but because of some internal errors.
You can currently solve the issue, by removing all Bitrate and resolutions parts of the script, and change them to:
Code:
#Set 1296p30 video mode, ABR, 40Mbps, .75 - 1.25 bitrate range:
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x02
writeb 0xC05C1EAC 0x05
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4220
writel 0xC05C1EB4 0x3f400000
writel 0xC05C1EB8 0x3fa00000
However this is 40Mbits recording and is fixed to 2k 30fps.

I'm currently trying to contact the author of this code and maybe i can apply it to use it for non fixed resol. and 35Mbits.

writeb 0xC06CC426 0x02 - this one sets 1296p30
writeb 0xC05C1EAC 0x05 - this one sets CBR2 bitrate mode (it works like ABR so I called it so in the script)
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4220 - 40 Mbps
writel 0xC05C1EB4 0x3f400000 - low bitrate limit for ABR
writel 0xC05C1EB8 0x3fa00000 - high bitrate limit for ABR

Hey Tanckom, thanx for your work! And thank you nutsey, as well!
Using XIMODE since the first release, and it is great. Trick: one of my custom scipt is nutsey's RAW timelapse script, because the Yi app makes a mess with the timelapse photos, no matter which interval you select. The jpgs are ok, but the RAW files are half sized and compressed, so it is not possible to process them with raw2dng etc. But with nutsey's script, there is no problem at all.
But, I've experienced also some bluish with your normal script (both 2.2 and 2.0.2). This is strange, but also random. I made some tests, but I didn't figure it out. My cam's booting mode is photo, and last time I shoot one pic and didn't wait for the RAW writing (I guess), and after that I switched to video, the result showed above. After that filming I switched off the cam and the next time the video wasn't blue(ish). But as I said, this is random.
Edit: one strange thing is when I run nutsey's timelapse script with XIMODE, the dates of the pictures (jpgs and RAWS too) changes to 12.31.2007. Weeeirrd...

Where and what should I change so that images(+raw) and videos will be saved in folders named with date, something like d-m-Y (14-08-2016) ?

Hey Guys,

awesome work with the XiMode. Thanks for that...

Just want to try the night Timelapse mode. So I load the script (pressing 6 times - wifi LED blinks 6 times) und start "recording". The result was video that looked pretty grainy. Is there anything wrong or should it be a video in the night timelapse mode? i thought i'm getting a lot of images?

can anybody help?

Hey Guys,

awesome work with the XiMode. Thanks for that...

Just want to try the night Timelapse mode. So I load the script (pressing 6 times - wifi LED blinks 6 times) und start "recording". The result was video that looked pretty grainy. Is there anything wrong or should it be a video in the night timelapse mode? i thought i'm getting a lot of images?

can anybody help?

"nightlaps" is only photo (not video).
This is what the "6_nightlaps.ash" file tells you:
#++++++++++++ CORRECTIONS - VIDEO ++++++++++++++++

#NOTHING IMPLEMENTED BECAUSE ITS A TIMELAPSE SCRIPT

In the Yi app you can change the photo mode in timelaps

Yes, you can just press the power button once.
(you can also do it in the app)

Could it be possible to make a "D-log setting" like on the Phantom camera?
So you can post edit the footage.
This is what I mean:

Does the D-Log add a Blueish filter or what?

Back