Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

Which lines in AFT 133 editor are for 2k resolution? Modified lower bitrates foe other resolutions but got no idea where to look for 2k line.

Hi Guys, since updating to the latest firmware v1.2.12 when recording in resolution 2304x1296 the camera does not create a review file so when I try to review on the phone it comes up with the message on my phone "The file does not support online play".

Are others having the same problem, the Yi is still producing review files for all the other resolutions just not 2K.

No scripts or custom firmwares have been applied.
Regards - fred

Hi Guys, since updating to the latest firmware v1.2.12 when recording in resolution 2304x1296 the camera does not create a review file so when I try to review on the phone it comes up with the message on my phone "The file does not support online play".

Are others having the same problem, the Yi is still producing review files for all the other resolutions just not 2K.
Yes, that is normal behavior for the camera/firmware at this stage of its development. Who knows about the future?
You said, "... the camera does not create a review file ..." but obviously, it does create one. You even said you tried to play it ...:)
If you copy the .THM file (which is the review file you refer to) to your computer and change the filename extension from .THM to .mp4, it should play on your computer.

Last edited:
.thm is only a JPEG file
That's odd. Since updating to the current version of the firmware, my camera sporadically creates some files with two filename extensions, such as "video.thm.mp4", suggesting the file is MPEG, not JPEG. I don't know why.
I can copy a .THM file from the SD card to my computer hard drive, change the filename extension to .mp4 and then play it as a small video in Quicktime Player.
<Edit: In that case, I am not talking about the occasional files with the odd extensions (*.thm.mp4). I mean the regular *.THM files.
... Example...
Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 9.36.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks Squeamish and luckylz, yes *.THM files are just the start jpeg of the video, *.thm.mp4 is the review file which is not generated in 2K mode.
The 192.168.42.1 works but with a transfer rate of 1mbit/sec its very stop start. Its even stop start with 1,920×1,080 video. Thanks again.

Don't mess up with the ****_thm.mp4(small size video) & ****.THM(video thumbnail picture with exif). It's great that I can get the exif of the video from the ****.THM
Code:
ExifTool Version Number         : 9.78
File Name                       : YDXJ0182.THM
File Size                       : 62 kB
File Modification Date/Time     : 2015:09:01 13:17:47+08:00
File Access Date/Time           : 2015:09:01 13:18:52+08:00
File Creation Date/Time         : 2015:09:01 13:17:46+08:00
File Permissions                : rw-rw-rw-
File Type                       : THM
MIME Type                       : image/jpeg
Exif Byte Order                 : Big-endian (Motorola, MM)
Image Description               : DCIM\100MEDIA
Make                            : XIAOYI
Camera Model Name               : YDXJ 1
Orientation                     : Horizontal (normal)
X Resolution                    : 72
Y Resolution                    : 72
Resolution Unit                 : inches
Software                        : Ver.1.0.000
Modify Date                     : 2015:09:01 00:09:26
Y Cb Cr Positioning             : Centered
PrintIM Version                 : 0300
Exposure Time                   : 1/60
F Number                        : 2.8
Exposure Program                : Program AE
ISO                             : 2287
Sensitivity Type                : ISO Speed
ISO Speed                       : 2287
Exif Version                    : 0230
Date/Time Original              : 2015:09:01 00:09:26
Create Date                     : 2015:09:01 00:09:26
Components Configuration        : Y, Cb, Cr, -
Compressed Bits Per Pixel       : inf
Shutter Speed Value             : 1/60
Aperture Value                  : 2.6
Exposure Compensation           : 0
Max Aperture Value              : 2.6
Subject Distance                : undef
Metering Mode                   : Spot
Light Source                    : Unknown
Flash                           : No flash function
Focal Length                    : 2.7 mm
Warning                         : [minor] Unrecognized MakerNotes
Flashpix Version                : 0100
Color Space                     : sRGB
Exif Image Width                : 0
Exif Image Height               : 0
Interoperability Index          : R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version        : 0100
Exposure Index                  : undef
Sensing Method                  : One-chip color area
File Source                     : Digital Camera
Scene Type                      : Directly photographed
Custom Rendered                 : Normal
Exposure Mode                   : Auto
White Balance                   : Auto
Digital Zoom Ratio              : 1
Focal Length In 35mm Format     : 24 mm
Scene Capture Type              : Standard
Gain Control                    : None
Contrast                        : Normal
Saturation                      : Normal
Sharpness                       : Normal
Device Setting Description      : (Binary data 4 bytes, use -b option to extract)
Subject Distance Range          : Unknown
Image Width                     : 640
Image Height                    : 360
Encoding Process                : Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample                 : 8
Color Components                : 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling            : YCbCr4:2:2 (2 1)
Aperture                        : 2.8
Image Size                      : 640x360
Scale Factor To 35 mm Equivalent: 8.8
Shutter Speed                   : 1/60
Circle Of Confusion             : 0.003 mm
Field Of View                   : 73.7 deg
Focal Length                    : 2.7 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24.0 mm)
Hyperfocal Distance             : 0.78 m
Light Value                     : 4.4

Hi Guys,

which option do you think is better?
A custom firmware or the original and use a script?

... which option do you think is better?
A custom firmware or the original and use a script?
IMHO that depends on how you intend to use your camera. Bear in mind, using the tools currently available, custom firmware only gets you altered bitrates for your chosen video resolutions. It does not give you access to other features of the camera that you may wish to change. Scripts can fill that role. So, for most users, who just want to optimize the performance of the camera, a combination of custom firmware and scripts is the best option.
<Edit>: You can change bitrates using scripts as well, so it is not necessary to use custom firmware.

Last edited:
Hello, I have the following problem:
at the AV output, which I wanted to use for fpv liveview, the cam outputs 4:3 video with black bars at the top and the bottom. At the monitor I wanted to use, I can only change between 4:3 and 16:9. When I select 16:9, the video is just stretched which results in a stretched video that also has black bars at the top and the bottom.

So what I need is that the cam outputs the video in 4:3 format but without borders, so that when I select 16:9 at the monitor, the video is stretched and has the right aspect ratio and no black borders.
How can I find out, if the A7LS can do it? I can't finde a datasheet, only a brief description without details.
Please help me!

Hello, I have the following problem:
at the AV output, which I wanted to use for fpv liveview, the cam outputs 4:3 video with black bars at the top and the bottom. At the monitor I wanted to use, I can only change between 4:3 and 16:9. When I select 16:9, the video is just stretched which results in a stretched video that also has black bars at the top and the bottom.

So what I need is that the cam outputs the video in 4:3 format but without borders, so that when I select 16:9 at the monitor, the video is stretched and has the right aspect ratio and no black borders.
How can I find out, if the A7LS can do it? I can't finde a datasheet, only a brief description without details.
Please help me!

I'm using the cam for FPV and noticed it too. At first I set it to 1600x1200 but now I just use 1920x1080 60 or 48fps and fly with my googles with black bars. At 30fps the latency is just too big.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change this setting. I'll take a look when I have time.

Post deleted - wrong thread :mad:

Last edited:
Yes, in the fw 1.2.12, the 1600x1200 is hidden, need to use ash script to enable.

Yes, in the fw 1.2.12, the 1600x1200 is hidden, need to use ash script to enable.

will the scripts below work for 1.2.12?

#set bitrate to 50Mb/s
writew 0xC05C2092 0x4248

#set video resolution to 1600x1200 60fps
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x0C

fw 1.2.12 script for 1600x1200 60fps should be:
Code:
# Set Video Resolution 1600x1200 60/50P 4:3
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
# Set Bitrate 25M bps
writew 0xC05C2092 0x41C8
# Set Bitrate 50M bps
# writew 0xC05C2092 0x4248

Code:
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
# Set Bitrate 25M bps
writew 0xC05C2092 0x41C8
# Set Bitrate 50M bps

Thanks!

Code:
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
# Set Bitrate 25M bps
writew 0xC05C2092 0x41C8
# Set Bitrate 50M bps

Hi luckylz, after using these scripts, I got two mp4 files after shooting videos. The files seems to be generated by a random rotation. E.g. a file YDXJ0116.mp4 with 54Mb and another YDXJ0117.mp4 with 36Mb.

your microSD is to slow for that framerates and bitrates...it will splitt the video before the 2GB limitation.
It could be you have lost some seconds of your video.

MFG
gente

your microSD is to slow for that framerates and bitrates...it will splitt the video before the 2GB limitation.
It could be you have lost some seconds of your video.

MFG
gente
Got it! Thank you.

Back