Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

Thought I should share some video clips @ 2304x1296 30fps

How come I can only see 1080p format? Is it because of YouTube? Besides, you video looks much sharper....Is there any way to improve the sharpness?

If you look in specification of that video you will see real resolution. It is after lens refocusing?

Hi Funnel,

Is the sharpness command can be used together with the 2K 40Mbps setting?

Yes, but you'll probably have to adjust the value a little bit. Seems a little too noisy at value 2048 as I set it now.
The sharpness problem is mostly noticeable in the 60fps mode so isn't really needed for 30fps.

How come I can only see 1080p format? Is it because of YouTube? Besides, you video looks much sharper....Is there any way to improve the sharpness?
I uploaded the 2.3k video , Youtube must have downscaled the videos to 1080P. I refocused the lens by following instructions found on youtube.

Genius OP! I've forwarded to engineer of xiaoyi company, and yeah.... actually next firmware update will have a surprise about this ... so just wait, lol

Tell us more, please. :)

I uploaded the 2.3k video , Youtube must have downscaled the videos to 1080P. I refocused the lens by following instructions found on youtube.
Finally, I found the 2k resolution option when using the 4kdownloader to download from youtube. Thanks!

Yes, but you'll probably have to adjust the value a little bit. Seems a little too noisy at value 2048 as I set it now.
The sharpness problem is mostly noticeable in the 60fps mode so isn'tbrightnes or contrast of record g brightness and contrastanyway to set thereally needed for 30fps.
Thanks for your advice. Besides, is there anyway to set the brightness and contrast of recording? It seems that the Yi capture too much light reflection in night shoot.

You could try set the brightness with

Code:
t ia2 -adj ae 127

values are from 0(dark) to 255(bright), 127 is somewhere in between from my quick tests.

Hello to community. Yesterday I ordered a Xiaomi Yi from GearBest (i hope it's original). When I receive it I will flash a custom FW etc. The question is:

Does my Samsung MB-MSBGB 32GB class 6 (underrated for class 6 - it is maybe faster from other class 10 cards) handle the 1080p or 2K resolution?

Here are some benches with crystaldiskmark (FS: exFAT):

GcpIRvb.png
qibcSX2.png

Thank you

Should be fine, as the write speed is above 10MB/s.

its a bursted write of ~ 5MB/s (standard bitrate, FullHD)

It should be fine then. Thanks for your fast answers.

I will post again when I receive the cam! :)

For every video mode the bitrate value is in a different location.

For fw 1.0.12 should be
Code:
#1600x1200 bitrate 25Mbits
writew 0xC05C2A86 0x41C8

I didn't try it but the address should be the right one.

Hi Funnel! I'm looking to test a few custom autoexecs, and I don't want to come running to the forums every time I have a question. What are you using to disassemble and analyze the firmware, to look up the address of the bitrate value for each video mode? Is this something I could teach myself to do in a day or two, if you point me at the name of a software and I look up online tutorials?

I'm hoping to find the address of the bitrate value for video modes 1600x1200 48fps and 1600x1200 30fps for firmware v1.0.12. I'm also curious as to whether 1920x1440 48fps/60fps modes exist, and what their bitrate value addresses would be.

Thanks if you're able to answer any of my questions!

Hey guys, firmware 1.1.3 and app 1.8 will have 2K resolution:
Video file: 401M
by using app 1.8 beta, firmware 1.1.3
I checked today finally shows 2k resolution guys just enjoy

Hey guys, firmware 1.1.3 and app 1.8 will have 2K resolution:
Video file: 401M
by using app 1.8 beta, firmware 1.1.3
I checked today finally shows 2k resolution guys just enjoy

Does it mean that the upcoming official release may come with these new option?

Back