Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

someone up to the task of shooting some fine lines in 2304 and 2880
Seems like it's just an upscale. No new details in the picture plus blurry edges after bilinear (?) transform.

BTW there are two more possible HW video modes: 2560x1080 (aka WideHD) and 1920x1080 HDR.

okay very sad! but thanks for checking- how do you know about the other modes? and have you tried them? Both sound very intriguing.

Let us know if you have info on these!

Last edited:
I found this excerpt:
t cal -raw [mode] [count] [compress]: raw caputre
mode = [0..8], 0:VIDEO
2:LOW-ISO STILL
3:HIGH-ISO STILL
4:MID-ISO STILL
5:LOW-ISO MULTI-CAP STILL
6:HIGH-ISO MULTI-CAP STILL
7:MID-ISO MULTI-CAP STILL
8:MULTI-FRAME HIGH-ISO CAPTURE (old pipe only)
9:VIDEO HDR(dump Raw, idsp config only)
count = number of pictures to capture
compress = [0, 1] optional, capture and dump the compressed raw
t cal -rawext [mode][frame][mainwin_w][mainwin_h]: raw caputre
mode = [0..3], 0:VIDEO, 1:FAST STILL 2:LOW-ISO STILL 3:HIGH-ISO STILL
frame = number of frame to capture
mainwin_w = main window width
mainwin_h = main window height
t cal -rawenc [filepath] : raw encode flow
filepath = file path for configuration file
over at https://github.com/kerenmac/Xiaomi-Yi/blob/master/Autoexec_commands.txt
does this part have any merit on capturing raw stills or video?

Do you know how the exact syntax would have to be for that?

And does this mean, that when I start the cam it will just take one shot in raw on startup, or does it set the cam to permanently capture raw stills every time?

there is a mode switch with the RAW, that can be set to "video". - you think that doesnt work?

Last edited:
Hello

I have a problem. Why my Yi cam only records at 59 FPS? I have render issues and other problems because of that. it is the V22 HW revision. Funnel thank you for your work =)

Hi amazing Job, can you also improve exposure time and iso settings for take night shot like this? (taken with GoPro Hero 4 silver)

there is a mode switch with the RAW, that can be set to "video". - you think that doesnt work?

It works, but it produces a sequence of low-res RAW files with 0.5-like fps. Seems pretty useless ;)

alright, that IS useless. :-D
But RAW Stills = Awesome!
Did you ever try the WideHD or the HDR 1080p modes?

Did you ever try the WideHD or the HDR 1080p modes?
These are supported by Ambarella chip, but camera sensor can't output them. Though I'm not sure what sensor WDR really is :)

Hi, @funnel , according to this address, how could I calculate the bitrate address for the special resolution?
Code:
Autoexec scripts for firmware version 1.1.0
Bitrate table start: 0xC05C380C
Video resolution NTSC table start: 0xC05C464C
Video resolution PAL table start: 0xC05C4AC0

for example, this is from your github:
Code:
#set video resolution to 1600x1200 60fps
writeb 0xC0697626 0x0C
#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C3A52 0x41F0

if I want to change to 1600*1200 30fps 30Mbps, which writew address I should input?
Code:
#set video mode 1600x1200
writeb 0xC0697626 0x0D
#set bitrate 30Mbps
writew 0xC05C???? 0x41F0

Not the address. You need to change the value after the address (0x41F0). Look at the scripts for 1080p bitrates to find the one you want.

If you change the mode you'll have to search for it. I used AFT tool and did a hex comparison with the original to file to find the addresses.

Should I search the file name: PRI.a7s ? or the mod firmware.bin ?

Yes. Almost everything is in the PRI. And the load address is 0xC0100000. You have to take that into account.

Download the script directly by clicking "Raw" on github ans Save as... on SD card. Could be a problem in your text editor.

Back