Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

is it normal, that in 2k mod no frames and pixels are shown in characteristics when right click on the video file?:

OK, after much fettling, I think I may have it...
I'm after lowering the noise reduction and have these settings:
2304 / 30fps / 30mbs
1080 / 60fps / 30mbs
and just normal JPEG for photo

The script I've made is from copying other scripts, and dropping in the bits I wanted:

#video mode
#t ia2 -adj ev 10 0 60 0 0 140 0
#dark/high adj
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#set video resolution to 2304x1296 30fps
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02
#set video resolution to 1920x1080 60fps
writew 0xC05C1036 0x41F0
#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0
sleep 9
#set ae/awb/adj
t ia2 -3a 1 1 0 1
#ready beep
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

Am I getting there?

...Am I getting there?
You need a bitrate for the 2.3k res.
#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0

Also, you've set two new resolutions, but only the first one is available in the camera. They are only temporary and are not reflected in the mobile app when you run it. So, if you change from the resolution set up by the script, you cannot get back to that resolution, since it won't be a menu choice in the app.
So, you'll have to give up one of those new resolutions :(

Last edited:
You need a bitrate for the 2.3k res.
#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0

Also, you've set two new resolutions, but only the first one will be available to you. They are only temporary and are not reflected in the mobile app when you run it. So, if you change from the resolution set up by the script, you cannot get back to that resolution, since it won't be a menu choice in the app.
So, you'll have to give up one of those new resolutions :(

Ah, got you. In other posts I'd seen someone mention about combining settings, didn't realise that meant only one resolution. Ok, here's the amended one. Someone said to get rid of the sleep 9 that was on 12 line, no idea what it did lol

#video mode
#t ia2 -adj ev 10 0 60 0 0 140 0
#dark/high adj
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#set video resolution to 2304x1296 30fps
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02
#set bitrate to 30Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x41F0
#set ae/awb/adj
t ia2 -3a 1 1 0 1
#ready beep
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

In fact, there's a problem with 1920 x 1080 res. Doesn't work in camera.
Don't know why...

Oops! my mistake!
It works fine... :mad:

Last edited:
In fact, there's a problem with 1920 x 1080 res. Doesn't work in camera.
Don't know why...

Oops! my mistake!
It works fine...:mad:
But only if you're not also using the 2.3K version.

... Ok, here's the amended one...
The amended script works fine. Nice job!
I've been using this for noise reduction (though, I don't mind a little noise - I'm old school when we had to contend with grain in film. When I see some noise, I'm comforted in believing I have a sharp image - whether I do or not. :))

Code:
#Set noise reduction value to 2500
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2500 -1

just to jump in the middle of conversation, you do know that 25fps is sharper than 50fps - L111FSH

Last edited by a moderator:
The amended script works fine...
No, it doesn't, after all.
I don't know why, but the last 3 lines of your script are preventing the 2.3k resolution from being activated (maybe the whole script is affected - not sure). If I comment out those last 3 lines, the script runs OK and the new resolution works. Furthermore, you can add another line to your script to get the 30Mbps you want for the 1920x1080/60 fps setting as follows:
Code:
#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 30Mbps

writew 0xC05C1036 0x41F0
OK, 2 lines... compliments of our good man, funnel.
This is because the 1920x1080 resolution is already in the firmware - you're just bumping up the bitrate with this line.

Cheers bud.
I've changed both my separate 1080 script and 2.3k scripts. Delete the last 3 lines on both.
Looking forward to getting this running!

just to jump in the middle of conversation, you do know that 25fps is sharper than 50fps - L111FSH

Yeah, I wanted to give 60fps a bash so when it's slowed down to 30fps it will be smoother. I'll try to find the 1080 30fps 30mbs and make a third script for that. Cheers bud!

Hi guys, so, basicly I am new to this cam.
I have lastest update from the softver. 1.2.6. version. And I have no idea what is script,or any of the programs you guys worked with :/ So I have a few questions and need a BIG help .
What I did read and understand in that ''file'' that I would need to modify , I can chose only ONE resolution and birthrate. And I read I can put a LOT of other stuff, like the noise reduction code and the sharpnes code, and some others codes. I know I just need to put the file that on the SD card, but I dont know to make one that I whant :/
So I know I whant a biggest posible resolution and it is 2.5K. And I whant to put the noise reduction, RAW and HDR all in that ONE file. Can I do that ? If I cant what can I do???

1)What is CBR/ABR/VBR ? And how that efect camera?

2)What will JPG compressing quality (
t cal -jqlt 100) actualy do?

3)I need code like soon as posible and since I have zero expirience in all this stuff, maybe if code is not hard and if someone know how to put that all in one I wuld apriciate it and say big THANKS !!!!

4)If this code is hard or you guys dont have time, can you tell me how to make it work? I will give it a try :/

5) What this script doing : https://github.com/kerenmac/Xiaomi-Yi/blob/master/Autoexec_commands.txt ??? Should I mix that with some others?

Thanks to all who made this stuff !!!!

Looks like 1.2.10 is out, anyone tried upgrading?

Hi all , I don't know if already asked because I didn't read the whole thread, but instead of using script could I change values where I need, to get 2304x1296-30fps 35 mbps in a custom firware using the bitrate table?

Last edited:

I didnt, but I did see there is 1.3 beta something out.. I am just waiting for someone else to test it first :D

Hey can I update to the new firmware and will the scripts still be working?
Cheers

I have updated mine yesterday and it work ok with YIMAX-MOVIE script :)

The software on iphone did froze couples of time then i re-installed and it work ok.

Mine is Z22

Lots of information here! Thanks to everybody for contributing and taking the time to help others. I read through all the comments in this thread and tried to come up with a summary to help beginners. Any comments or corrections are welcome. Thanks a lot!

--- PREPARE -------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile App
• Check for your cameras 'Firmware Version' and write it down.
• Ensure that 'Video Resolution' is set to '1920x1080 30P'.
• Ensure that the 'Video Quality' is set to 'High'.
• Ensure that the 'Default Startup Mode' is set to 'Video'.

Computer
• Connect your SD card to your computer.

--- INSTALL -------------------------------------------------------------
Website
• https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi/tree/master/autoexec.ash
• Choose your cameras corresponding firmware folder (ending in '-fw').
• Navigate the sub-folders until you find a desired recording format.
• Copy the 'autoexec.ash' directly to the root directory of your SD card.

SD Card
• Safely eject the SD card from your computer and insert it into your camera.

Camera
• Press the power button to start your camera.
• The script will automatically read the 'autoexec.ash' upon startup and execute the parameters set within.

Mobile App
• No video settings should be changed after the camera has started up.

--- UNINSTALL -----------------------------------------------------------
Camera
• Switch off your camera and remove your SD card

Computer
• Connect your SD card to your computer and delete the 'autoexec.ash' file from your SD card.

--- TROUBLE-SHOOTING ----------------------------------------------------
File Format
• Ensure that your 'autoexec.ash' is saved in UNIX format.
• Use a text editor (such as Notepad++ or Sublime Text) that allows you to show line-endings (a Unix formatted file only shows '[LF]' endings and not '[CR]' or '[CR][LF]' endings).
• Ensure that the last line in the file is an empty line!!!

--- RISKS ---------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer
• Any action performed is at your own risk!

Camera
• Some users report an increase in camera heat when running certain recording formats in combination with lower quality SD cards.

--- USEFUL LINKS --------------------------------------------------------
Custom Scripts
• http://nutseynuts.blogspot.de/2015/06/xiaomi-yi-action-cam-custom-scripts.html

Back