Problems with Z23L

• Focus

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No IR filter

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No problems

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Better resolution is better resolution= more detailed and sharpness.
About irc i write here not first time
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ny-noticeable-issue-to-fix.12575/#post-169108
They are very instructive.
Perhaps you, and/or anyone who owns both 23L and non L version, could take also some still pictures of the same scene (for example against sunlight or so...) and share in order to compare the actual differences for those who are in doubt which version to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Z23L last friday.

Here is a footage i have done

It seems IRc is quite present but acceptable.

I got my Z23L last friday.

It seems IRc is quite present but acceptable.
I think the IRC is ok so far, but you have to fix focus (for "how to's" searching in youtube) for best results.
Your Lens focussed on the handlebars of your MB, say to close.
What resolution you have recorded?
With or without a script?
What FW version?
How long have you wait shipping, what dealer?

MFG
gente

I think the IRC is ok so far, but you have to fix focus (for "how to's" searching in youtube) for best results.
Your Lens focussed on the handlebars of your MB, say to close.
What resolution you have recorded?
With or without a script?
What FW version?
How long have you wait shipping, what dealer?

MFG
gente

• Recording resolution was 1280*720 @ 60fps because of small microSD (8GB) for the full day.
Note: You may find RAW footages here to check IRc with my Z23L: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwjCg6LnfYTBW2ZfGqe5VgURCx8-sRAbh
  • No scripts have been used
  • FW version is 1.2.10 (Latest)
  • I wait about 2 weeks with banggood.com
I'm pretty new with cam (i got it on friday). Refocusing the lens was a doubt for me. Thanks to make this clear to me: So i have to open the camera :/. Anxious to do this operation..
I will push a proper 1080p raw footage on this forum to confirm lens refocusing.

Cheers,

Tom

• Recording resolution was 1280*720 @ 60fps because of small microSD (8GB) for the full day.
Note: You may find RAW footages here to check IRc with my Z23L: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwjCg6LnfYTBW2ZfGqe5VgURCx8-sRAbh
I'm pretty new with cam (i got it on friday). Refocusing the lens was a doubt for me. Thanks to make this clear to me: So i have to open the camera :/. Anxious to do this operation..
I will push a proper 1080p raw footage on this forum to confirm lens refocusing.

Cheers,

Tom
30fps would be sharper, test it for your favourite usage!
The white or yellow one?
MFG
gente

Hello,

Some picture before and after refocusing.

Target was 2.5 meters from camera with a 300% zoom

99aguKD.png
GvtBTrN.png

very nice now :)
Was it hard to remove the hot glue?
How have you fixed the Lens after adjusting?
How much you turned left or right?
No problem with microphone or sound in Footages while Wifi is on, it gives also fixes for that problems?
The white or yellow one?
MFG
gente

very nice now :)
Was it hard to remove the hot glue?
How have you fixed the Lens after adjusting?
How much you turned left or right?
No problem with microphone or sound in Footages while Wifi is on, it gives also fixes for that problems?
The white or yellow one?
MFG
gente
1)A bit hard. I didn't want to break anything so I dit it slowly and it took me something like 10-15min
2)I fixed it with superglue
3) I have turned it 3-4mm clockwise when you face the lens (so from the left to the right )
4)I haven't made test with microphone while wifi on so can't answer you about that.
5)Yellow one (Z23L revision)

you made the adjustment only by taking pictures to control it or with an HDMI cable to TV?
This maybe two fixes, first one is for the microphone to have better sound you must remove the sticker on the Microphone (you could replace it with foam for better results on windy days) or stick a foam when you need good sound on the hole of microphone in the case and remove it later!
Second Fix is for removing the wifi clicking noise while recording, you have to bring a tape on the contact!
Could be you have not this bugs, but here you have a video for solving that problems.

MFG
gente

Last edited:

Cheers,

Tom

The camera has the latest FW when shipping to you or have changed by yourself?

Hi!

I ordered new Xiaomi Yi from bangood at the end of August and receive it few days ago. I upgraded to the latest firmware.
I recorded a short video with IR remote controller. Could you please check if my camera has ir filter?

Which is the version: Z22, Z22L, Z23A, Z23L, Z23S....?

It is Z23L version. Firmware 1.2.12.

Last edited:
The same as mine. I think it has a ir filter but "lighter" than versions without L in the serial number.
I think the main difference is when shooting in front of the sun or with the sunlight coming from the front side with a narrow angle.
If you could take some pictures in this way and share it would be useful for me. You may compare with my pictures here:
www.lingua.it/foto/fotoyi.html

Thank you. The outcomes are consistent with my sample pictures.
I suspect that versions without L would give pictures without the red "disk" but I have no example of the same scene (i.e. in front of the sunlight) taken with two Yis, one with L and one without L. It would be much appreciated if someone owing both Yi versions would do and share this experiment for anyone to compare.

On the other hand I read in this forum that L versions have better image quality in other aspects.
Again a side by side comparison of pictures of the same scene from different versions of Yi would be very useful to make everyone judge according to his/her needs and/or tastes.

There is a guy who replaced Xiaomi lens

video:
lens:

Thank you: it seems there are no problem in front of sunlight with this lens but it is not specified the version of Yi.
I ordered similar lens by gearbest and aliexpress. I will test on my YI as soon as I receive.

Here
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ChD2/TjS39gF66
there is a video comparison between a version of Yi with ir filter (i.e. Z22) and a version of Yi without ir filter (i.e. Z22L or Z23L). The video taken with ir filter do not have the problem of "red disk", consistently with the video you indicated.

But...a significant evaluation of all the pros and cons of the two versions in image quality should be given in a side by side comparison of pictures.

Back