Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

Ok, I mistakenly assumed they were the same FPS and resolution.

KuoH

The T3 is filming 1440p 60 FPS and 28mbit VS the DR filming 1080 30 FPS and 20 mbit

It is indeed as if the T3 dont see more, but if it see it, you see it better.
Also i assume all the halos ASO are a result of the high humidity and me bloving all the air on myself, i have cleaned windows often lately.

Seek ! and though shall find,,,,,,,,, a memory card :)

At first glance the Street Guardian seems to have more low light gathering ability, but the Zenfox appears to have more detail with the brighter areas. I definitely prefer being able to make out the license plates on the Zenfox, especially considering that US plates are even smaller. Is the Street Guardian using the highest bitrate?

Here is a closeup crop of a car in the shopping area just after turning right.

KuoH

Big difference but it's a trade off. If you drive in the city where it's not overly dark, then the Zenfox has more definition. If you are on a Highway or Away from the city and an accident happens, the T3 won't capture a thing.

Big difference but it's a trade off. If you drive in the city where it's not overly dark, then the Zenfox has more definition. If you are on a Highway or Away from the city and an accident happens, the T3 won't capture a thing.
that's the advantage/disadvantages of the different resolutions, the DR is still on our base IQ settings so it's something we'll be working on soon, the basics always come first though, reliability is always the first priority before we get into the more complex stuff

Yes the SG are on highest bitrate but the T3 are not
The T3 is filming 1440p 60 FPS and 28mbit VS the DR filming 1080 30 FPS and 20 mbit ( dont have the rear camera connected to the T3 cuz i am tired of all that stopping to record.

Not sure that's a fair comparison. You'll have to disable the rear camera on the Street Guardian and do a true side by side with equal resolution.

The T3 still do all i expect from a camera at night, but of course one always want more.
My expectations to low light performance in dashcams have always been really down to earth.

The T3 still do all i expect from a camera at night, but of course one always want more.
My expectations to low light performance in dashcams have always been really down to earth.

Problem is the farther north you live, the darker it is in winter. So low light capabilities are very important. The T3 lacks night definition. So not only will you be missing large portions of video, but many accidents happen in early morning or the evening when it is dark.

that wouldn't achieve anything, the results are the same for the DR whether single or dual channel mode

So the resolution doesn't change from say 1080 --> 4k in single channel mode on the DR?

Not sure that's a fair comparison. You'll have to disable the rear camera on the Street Guardian and do a true side by side with equal resolution.

Thats actually not a bad idea.

I have been looking and rubbing hard on my windscreen lately ( though it dont look that way ) on the outside and actually right in the middle where the cameras are, it is as if someone shot at my windscreen from 20 M with bird shot and a reduced powder charge.
I really think i have to get a new windscreen,,,,,,,, but i also need to get a new battery, and i need to put 2-3-4 X what a new windscreen cost at my dentists too.

I really need the pretty little girls on the gas station to cone thru for me with that lotto win, even if it is not one worth mentioning and surely wont pay for AU or American grand tour or for that matter a new car

Just 30 K DKkr from the lotto gods would do a world of good right now, and thats just like 2 months wages for a average job or 2 months of my pension.

it's a native 1080p sensor, the resolution stays at 1080p regardless

Ah ok. Then I retract my statement. Most cameras these days record in higher definition when in single channel. So it is not a fair comparison between the T3 and the DR. Although I am sure there is tweaking to be done on the DR to improve the image.

I still think most are in the same resolution, but in single channel FPS and bitrate can go up
The DR in single i assume jump to 60 FPS, but no idea if the bitrate jump to 40

Oooo and then some.

Okay, well you live and learn :)

Anyway 60 FPS i am well over, thats many years ago when i taught that was the next big thing in dashcams, but in my experiments with 2 similar cameras 30 FPS also got the capture if the 60 FPS camera did.

If semsors get noticeably more sensitive, then yes 60 FPS might be a idea, but now it is so marginal its not even worth the effort

Back