Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

If semsors get noticeably more sensitive, then yes 60 FPS might be a idea, but now it is so marginal its not even worth the effort
there's still more to be had with IQ tuning, that's something we're working on at the moment, for all models

Thats actually not a bad idea.

I have been looking and rubbing hard on my windscreen lately ( though it dont look that way ) on the outside and actually right in the middle where the cameras are, it is as if someone shot at my windscreen from 20 M with bird shot and a reduced powder charge.
I really think i have to get a new windscreen,,,,,,,, but i also need to get a new battery, and i need to put 2-3-4 X what a new windscreen cost at my dentists too.

I really need the pretty little girls on the gas station to cone thru for me with that lotto win, even if it is not one worth mentioning and surely wont pay for AU or American grand tour or for that matter a new car

Just 30 K DKkr from the lotto gods would do a world of good right now, and thats just like 2 months wages for a average job or 2 months of my pension.

If you win the lottery, remember us here on the forum! Free dash cameras for all? Ya, there's a laundry list of things I need too, but I'm looking at moving. Which means I dumping too much into testing the Dash Cameras beyond the 2 x Memory Cards and Hardwire kit is a no go.

Reason why I'm not shelling out for Infrared Thermometer Ill never use again or other accessories. Gekko Gear sent me out a test unit of their Orbit 950. I'd asked for their hardwire kit and none was included. So I'll test it out with what they gave me. Budget allocated for other stuff at the moment.

we do have other models where that is the case, dual channel is 2 x 1080p30 @ 15, 18, or 21 mbit, or in single channel mode you can select 1080p60 @ 30, 36, or 42 mbit

Ya what I thought maybe the DR had that capability. Seems rather common single channel mode offers a higher resolution and bitrate compared to duo or triple channel.

I'm sure Zenfox still has work to do also

I mentioned earlier, Zenfox sent me two test units about a week or so apart. One to run alongside my mother's Viofo A129 Duo and one to run alongside mine. Wanted to have it tested by different drivers in different conditions. When my unit started acting up (overheating) I waited to install her unit. I swapped out the second unit for the one in my car today. Sadly, BOTH cameras are overheating. While the Viofo A129 Duo in both cars keeps recording.

Today I installed a Gecko Orbit 950 so will be testing that one out, too

Last edited:
Today I installed a Gecko Orbit 950 so will be testing that one out, too
Probably not a good idea to run that in parking mode in your heat, given the specification:
" 240mAh Li-ion battery embedded "
:eek:

Probably not a good idea to run that in parking mode in your heat, given the specification:
" 240mAh Li-ion battery embedded "
:eek:

The manual in the box says it has an embedded super capacitor to help save recorded file even if the power is off. It then says it has a built in lithium battery that can be charged while video recording.

Can a camera have both a super capacitor and battery?? Thought they used one or the other???

A129 Duo is a 1080p cam vs the T3 1440p. That's not a fair comparison.

Maybe can compare it the A119v3 or the coming soon A129 Plus Duo?

A129 Duo is a 1080p cam vs the T3 1440p. That's not a fair comparison.

Maybe can compare it the A119v3 or the coming soon A129 Plus Duo?

The T3, even with superior videos, struggles in low light situations. But as was pointed out, it can ready plates more clearly if it captures them.

That's great to hear. Aside from the heat related shutdowns in parking mode, the only other major issues I've encountered are the 5 to 30 second loss of footage when transitioning from parking to normal mode and the very rare hang on shutdown resulting in last file corruption. In normal driving, I'm pretty satisfied with the current image quality even at night. While further improvement is welcomed, hopefully it will not be at the expense of the current image quality. I would not want a brighter image at the expense of readable license plates.

KuoH

We thought we can tune the firmware to better handle the overheating, working on it now.

It could have both, but that is unlikely since there is no need for a supercapacitor if there is a battery and supercapacitors are quite expensive.
More likely the manual was a copy and paste job, presumably it has battery only.

@Nigel (Off Topic). I'll have to reach out to manufacturer for clarification. Either they updated the camera to use a supercapacitor instead of a 240mAh Li-ion embedded battery or my unit is faulty. When I enable parking mode (no hardwire), the camera immediately shuts off with the engine after about 2 or 3 seconds. Which is representative of a Super Capacitor instead of a battery.

Best Buy Canada (googled camera) claims the Gecko Orbit 950 has a 10 minute record time on the battery. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...-screen-rear-camera-only-at-best-buy/13831946

That's great to hear. Aside from the heat related shutdowns in parking mode, the only other major issues I've encountered are the 5 to 30 second loss of footage when transitioning from parking to normal mode and the very rare hang on shutdown resulting in last file corruption. In normal driving, I'm pretty satisfied with the current image quality even at night. While further improvement is welcomed, hopefully it will not be at the expense of the current image quality. I would not want a brighter image at the expense of readable license plates.

KuoH

I'll have to do a side by side test this evening with my Viofo A129 Duo and The T3 at night. See which one has better readability on license plates. The A129 Duo definitely favors brightness over readability, so I suspect the T3 will win. However, maybe there is a happy median where the T3 can be tweaked to allow for more brightness without sacrificing the advantage of reading plates.

@Nigel (Off Topic). I'll have to reach out to manufacturer for clarification. Either they updated the camera to use a supercapacitor instead of a 240mAh Li-ion embedded battery or my unit is faulty. When I enable parking mode (no hardwire), the camera immediately shuts off with the engine after about 2 or 3 seconds. Which is representative of a Super Capacitor instead of a battery.

Best Buy Canada (googled camera) claims the Gecko Orbit 950 has a 10 minute record time on the battery. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...-screen-rear-camera-only-at-best-buy/13831946
If the manufacturer is unable to give a clear or fast response, the fastest way to find out is by opening the unit (if you feel comfortable doing that) without altering or modifying any of the internals of course...

and the very rare hang on shutdown resulting in last file corruption.
My camera did the same thing again yesterday after returning home from my last trip. When I shut off my vehicle my camera did the faint again meaning it didn't shut down properly resulting in corrupted files at the last segment. It doesn't happen frequently but that bug still there.

well i am still having problems with stability when driving, and all 3 cameras connected, but if i disconnect the rear camera the system are rock solid.
I am getting another ( non kingston ) A1 branded memory card on Tuesday, if that dont fix the problem with running the T3 as intended i am at a loss.

Assume i will pickup a sandisk ultra A1 card or sandisk extreme A2, these are sort of my only options in regard to memory cards in store in "local" stores.

PS. i also saw a faint to black chimeless shutdown a few days ago.

well i am still having problems with stability when driving, and all 3 cameras connected, but if i disconnect the rear camera the system are rock solid.
I am getting another ( non kingston ) A1 branded memory card on Tuesday, if that dont fix the problem with running the T3 as intended i am at a loss.

Assume i will pickup a sandisk ultra A1 card or sandisk extreme A2, these are sort of my only options in regard to memory cards in store in "local" stores.

PS. i also saw a faint to black chimeless shutdown a few days ago.

I've not experienced any weird issues with freezing, unrelated to overheating, on the Sandisk High Endurance that I recall. Also, I tested the Sandisk A2 Extreme briefly in the camera and didn't have any funny compatibility problems that I know of off hand.

Maybe there's a middle ground? I would like better night time footage, but also to read license plates. I'll have
If the manufacturer is unable to give a clear or fast response, the fastest way to find out is by opening the unit (if you feel comfortable doing that) without altering or modifying any of the internals of course...

I'll wait to see what manufacturer says first. If no straight answer, I may attempt if I can find a video online showing how to open the unit. I'm proficient with computer hardware but never messed with opening a dash camera.

open what ? the T3

Back