SG7LA50G

That's something that is being looked at still, internal GPS is convenient, it doesn't work as well though

What do you mean by internal GPS not working as well? Do you mean it won't pick up satellite signal as well as those external GPS module? I am using a Mini 0801 (with GPS built into the mount) sometimes it takes about 2 minutes for its GPS to lock onto a signal at the start, but I am fine with that.

Yeah external GPS always locks faster and gets a stronger signal than internal designs

Now that is interesting given my sat nav 'locks on' as soon as I place it in the car so does that mean a compromise is made to accommodate the much smaller dash cams?

Now that is interesting given my sat nav 'locks on' as soon as I place it in the car so does that mean a compromise is made to accommodate the much smaller dash cams?

Car cameras will often have much smaller GPS antennas than what's used in your nav, I take it your sat nav doesn't have a CMOS sensor and a processor that's encoding H.264 though, these are the things that negatively impact the performance of an internal GPS, getting the GPS chipset away from these other components improves their performance quite a lot

Reactions: Mtz
Same as if you took the fat salaries avay from the politicians in your country, ther performance would improve a lot. :D ( sry couldent help myself )

Maybe its fair to compare dashcams with GPS to smartphones ? My HTC 8S or whatever its called sure isent fast to figure out there it is.

Actually phones use A-GPS which can use cell tower and even WiFi access point information to get an initial location to speed their initial lock time, prior to A-GPS though they could be quite slow to connect

O yeah forgot about that :rolleyes: but i still think my phone is slower for cold boot than my lukas ( witch have gps antenna in mount )
But my phone is allso a low end model.

Car cameras will often have much smaller GPS antennas than what's used in your nav, I take it your sat nav doesn't have a CMOS sensor and a processor that's encoding H.264 though, these are the things that negatively impact the performance of an internal GPS, getting the GPS chipset away from these other components improves their performance quite a lot

Okay I (think I) see the issue I do not have a clue as to what H.264 is but do understand the CMOS bit. So is an 'external' GPS antenna available for the Pano G?

I dont think so Slicer, thats the meaning with the "G"ps model that it have the GPS build in, but dont worry you wont get far down the road before the GPS kick in.
Some times ( rare ) my lukas take 3-4-5 times longer to get a fix leaving home with a cold boot, but even then its online before i am 2 Km from home.
Now offcourse a lot can happen in 2 km sharing the road with Danish dumbass drivers, but then the video footage is still there to back you up, and if need be speed can be resolved from the video footage.

I have yet to notise complaints from pano G owners.

Okay I (think I) see the issue I do not have a clue as to what H.264 is but do understand the CMOS bit. So is an 'external' GPS antenna available for the Pano G?

Basic difference between Panorama S and G is internal or external GPS

Technically it's external as it's connected to the PCB with a small connector that you could potentially extend - I've got a pic somewhere.

To be honest the G locked on as quick as anything I've ever tried and usually within a second or two - in fact it always locks quicker than the X2 when I've had them side by side!

Would be very nice to see SG7LA50G with omni (HDR), or sony sensor with capacitor. The current version has great day video quality, the night one is also good but I see combo of A7 with Omni sensor making great night videos. Being the most desceret cam with screen with the above combo in capacitor version would be the ultimate dash cam. Or I wish too much :)

Sounds promising :) and if it is a capacitor version i will buy it.

Will there be firmware upgrade for 60 fps @ 1080?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Street Guardian 7