SG7LA50G

Sounds promising :) and if it is a capacitor version i will buy it.
that's still being evaluated

Here's another vote for a capacitor version of the SG7LA50G. I'm currently considering the SG9665GC (when it's available) for my next cam(s) but would really prefer the internal GPS vs an external add-on.

Question for Jokiin: When released will there be an option for a non-GPS version of the SG9665C? I ask because GPS is not high on my priority list of functions and if it's only available as a separate device I'd likely forego it.

I am in the same boat as DT MI - I too am currently considering the SG9665GC (when it's available) for my next cam(s) but would really prefer the internal GPS vs an external add-on. So here is another vote for a capacitor version of the SG7LA50G.

Initially the SG9665GC will be packaged with the GPS, you don't have to use it, doing it without isn't a significant cost saving

Initially the SG9665GC will be packaged with the GPS, you don't have to use it, doing it without isn't a significant cost saving
I can live with that. A capacitor version of the SG7LA50G would be a sweet addition to the product line as I really like the video quality I've seen as well as it being a very nice looking camera.

Edit: (Hit the 'post' button before I was done.) If the only way it would be configured is with the GPS I'd use it - just one more cable to tuck up under the headliner.

Last edited:
watching day time clips made with SG7LA50G and makes me angry that something is wrong with the cam and i had to send it back. when i see raw footage from panorama and SG7LA50G, the SG7LA50G is sharper. when a pause i can see clearly the tag plates on the upcoming cars, on the panorama not so much. the night video on panorama though is way better than the SG7LA50G. I hope Jokiin do his magic, improving the night quality and make it with capacitor. than we are talking about top notch dash cam! to be honest mine had some issues in the beginning but after the SD card got full and start recording over the old clips never had problems at all. I should have kept it .

Any updates on this? Still looking to purchase... lol

switch-mode PSUs are typically noisy

Just tried both the Tom Tom GPS cigarette lighter PSU and one of the Mini USB Port Socket Car Cigarette Lighter Charger Power Adapters and no complaints at all from the FM band.

Admittedly, the cable was dropping straight from the 0803 dash cam to the centre tunnel in the car, but, as I mentioned before, there's no antenna wiring up near the windscreen or "A" pillars. Strange ...

I have lots of 90 degree micro and mini USB cables, extension cables and micro to mini USB and mini to micro USB adapters to play with, so can adapt the 0803 harness to fit a mini-USB plug for Jokiin's products.

Not sure whether to press on, not have a dash cam at all or await Jokiin's new capacitor and internal GPS model and cross fingers.

Jokiin, will the new capacitor model with internal GPS, have a 12V or a mini-USB 5V connection and, if 5V, is it an internal switch-mode PSU which might be problematic as far as FM band interference?

Jokiin, will the new capacitor model with internal GPS, have a 12V or a mini-USB 5V connection and, if 5V, is it an internal switch-mode PSU which might be problematic as far as FM band interference?

we have one of each type we're working on, one is USB powered, the other is 12/24v straight in, none of the prototypes have caused us any grief with radio interference

we have one of each type we're working on, one is USB powered, the other is 12/24v straight in, none of the prototypes have caused us any grief with radio interference

Thanks Jokiin for the usual prompt reply. :)

Does the "12/24v straight in" unit have an internal switch-mode PSU to drop the voltage, or some other means of dropping it?

Switch-mode PSU's seem to be the main cause of FM band interference that some of us are experiencing. :(

On the other hand, is it possible to return the unit if it does cause radio interference?

Last edited:
if it caused a problem then yes you'd be able to return it, need to make sure it's not a vehicle issue though

Wait a sec Jokiin, are you confirming there will be a new SG7LA50G model with capacitor and internal GPS? Because that will be what I am waiting for.

Was answering a question that probably doesn't belong in this thread in particular

A revised version of this model with capacitor is being looked at but not confirmed at this stage

Was answering a question that probably doesn't belong in this thread in particular

A revised version of this model with capacitor is being looked at but not confirmed at this stage

OK thanks. The wait continues :(

@jokiin , Any idea if:

1) The lens adjustment knob will be made to be less obstructive (and more like the A118/B40)?
2) If not, will there be an option to have the knob on the opposite side as well?

To me, the designers stuffed that part up.

Unlikely, cost of retooling would be hard to justify, you can't be all things to all people, personally I prefer the B40 chassis, it's a better design overall

I read a review ( http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2015/01/dash-cam-cdv300x-review.html ) on the CDV300X which criticises the time taken to obtain a GPS fix (up to 4 minutes).

Has anyone noted/tested the SG7LA50G for this please?
My GPS grabs after 30 seconds. But I have CDV300X. It seems that it differs from the SG7LA50G Street Guardian firmware, that's for sure. I do not think the hardware, surprising that the SG7LA50G Street Guardian in the specification matrix gives Aptima AR0330 - 3.5 Megapixel, and probably sitting there Aptina AR0330CS - 3.0 Megapixel.

Can someone post the latest firmware version number, release date, and download link please?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Street Guardian 7