SG7LA50G

The last video file tends to be corrupt when the battery is low on the camera. Producing a corrupt file has only happened a handful of times so far and when it does I notice the battery meter is red and empty. So, I take the camera out (cause I can with that fancy mounting base and all :D ) and charge it up via cable on my PC. The battery meter is then full and all is fine and dandy for a good amount of time (days). I'm assuming the corruption is because it cannot keep itself on long enough to close the file out after the car is turned off, but I don't know why the battery is getting low because it's always plugged in. I had it set to only stay on 3 seconds after the car is shut down. The camera is always plugged in to my cig lighter and the light on the plug stays lit while the car is on. This is the cig lighter plug I used to charge my phone with prior to the dash cam.

I've now set the camera to never turn off automatically, only manually, and I'll turn it off before the car is shut off. Maybe that will provide some useful info.

:)

EDIT:
Oh, and I've already updated to the 141219 firmware.

If there is a capacitor version coming out soon I might get this over the Mini 0806.

We have other capacitor models we're doing at the moment, there's some technical issues to sort first to be able to do this one

Hi jokiin, what other capacitor models are you doing at the moment? Just the SG9665GM with capacitor or do you have more in the works?

Any approximate time frame on the SG9665GC?

SG9665GM looks exactly like the A118 (I am guessing they are based on the same design no?), yet capacitor-model A118C is already out but SG9665GC is not, how come?

The hardware inside is by no means the same, the SG cameras should at least be 1 up on the A118C.

Last edited:
SG9665GM looks exactly like the A118 (I am guessing they are based on the same design no?), yet capacitor-model A118C is already out but SG9665GC is not, how come?

The A118C was a very simple mod from an existing design, our SG9665GC is different hardware spec, Mainboard, CMOS board, CMOS, lens, lens housing and mount are all new as a result, just takes longer to do

...SG9665GC is different hardware spec, Mainboard, CMOS board, CMOS, lens, lens housing and mount are all new as a result...

When do you think you will be able to publish the specifications and sample video from the GC?

About a month as i undestand it "will be releasing it during February"

The thing have been at a boil, now it just need a little garnish and to be paired with a complementing dessert :D

The A118C was a very simple mod from an existing design, our SG9665GC is different hardware spec, Mainboard, CMOS board, CMOS, lens, lens housing and mount are all new as a result, just takes longer to do

I see. Thanks again for the info. I still prefer the design of SG7LA50G and its internal GPS, I just hope there is a capacitor model in the near future.

Back