Mobius mounting solutions

That's what I thought. I'll mount my up in rear like that but not sure what I'll use for a mount yet.

Thanks for your reply!

This is my mounting for my VW Golf MK6. I bought a helmet mount and modified it. I replace the tightening handle by a nut and shortened the screw a little.
I also removed the 2 plastic pieces at the side (where you can put the strap through) and made the mounting plate a little smaller (it still holds very good to the windscreen).
The helmet mount has been glued to the mobius mounting base to save some space.

IMG_20150409_165550.jpg IMG_20150409_165558.jpg IMG_20150409_165643.jpg IMG_20150409_165710.jpg IMG_20150409_165715.jpg

This is my mounting for my VW Golf MK6. I bought a helmet mount and modified it. I replace the tightening handle by a nut and shortened the screw a little.
I also removed the 2 plastic pieces at the side (where you can put the strap through) and made the mounting plate a little smaller (it still holds very good to the windscreen).
The helmet mount has been glued to the mobius mounting base to save some space.

View attachment 12687 View attachment 12688 View attachment 12689 View attachment 12690 View attachment 12691

I like that ultra low profile mount.
If my VW would had rain sensor RV-mirror, I would build it Mobius remote lens into rain sensor. At one moment had crazy plans to swap whole windshield and buy RVmirror with rain sensor just because of that mobius remote lens DIY project, but now I am cooled down with that idea.

I like that ultra low profile mount.
If my VW would had rain sensor RV-mirror, I would build it Mobius remote lens into rain sensor. At one moment had crazy plans to swap whole windshield and buy RVmirror with rain sensor just because of that mobius remote lens DIY project, but now I am cooled down with that idea.

That was my first plan also, but there is no option to put the lens into the rain sensor. There is no room to put anything in it, so I had to go for plan B, but looks alright I guess.
This is how the inside looks like:
rls-trim-2.jpg

That was my first plan also, but there is no option to put the lens into the rain sensor. There is no room to put anything in it, so I had to go for plan B, but looks alright I guess.
This is how the inside looks like:
View attachment 12694

yeah, I have explored that mount inside-out on my neighbours car. Back then I had plans to DIY extended RVmirror rain sensor cover to fit mobius remote lens based on THIS after-market idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess if you could buy just the plastic housing without the mirror and add some small buttons at the bottom of the housing, then this is a great mounting solution.
The mirror makes it too expensive (for me). Just need to figure out how you could get access to the sd card and/or connector.

I guess if you could buy just the plastic housing without the mirror and add some small buttons at the bottom of the housing, then this is a great mounting solution.
The mirror makes it too expensive (for me). Just need to figure out how you could get access to the sd card and/or connector.

Main mobius unit could be mounted at the top of RVmirror rain sensor on dotted ( sunshade ) area.
Your original sensor cover can be DIY extended / moulded to similar shape as the one in the link to fit mobius extension lens by using epoxy and fibreglass.

@niko, @DawG^ : just in case you missed my post... there's at least one other user that did the same thing ;)

@niko, @DawG^ : just in case you missed my post... there's at least one other user that did the same thing ;)

Yeah, something like you did but to hide main unit not facing outside, but over top edge of RVmirror rain sensor cover on dotted area. I have seen someone "stole" ( telepathy ? :) ) my idea and did it with Benz, but can not find it now.

Yeah, something like you did but to hide main unit not facing outside, but over top edge of RVmirror rain sensor cover on dotted area. I have seen someone "stole" ( telepathy ? :) ) my idea and did it with Benz, but can not find it now.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/page-21#post-94208
http://www.mercedesclub.cz/user_images_category.php?id=486

I think I would have enough space in the upper part of the cover, but then it would be more difficult to take the camera out.

Update my mounting solution fell due to heat :(

Plastic glue turned to goo

Update my mounting solution fell due to heat :(

Plastic glue turned to goo

Was this on your front windscreen I stuck mine on the black dots not had any trouble but I do place one of those sun shades on the screen when I am parked up which also helps protect the camera from the sun.

Was this on your front windscreen I stuck mine on the black dots not had any trouble but I do place one of those sun shades on the screen when I am parked up which also helps protect the camera from the sun.

Nah windshield, I believe was caused due to glue's quality b/c it is cold up here.

Any1 knows what to use to glue it back on?

Here's the photo of a Mobius (B lens) mounted in the rear headliner of my pick-up truck as per @Turtley's request. It's fairly hard to see it from outside the vehicle but now that the warmer weather is finally here I will be installing a much stealthier low profile mount instead of this one.

Mobimount.jpg

@Dashmellow,
I apologize for posting my question in the wrong thread. I didn't realize it until today.

I see your headliner material is straight to the back window. On my truck it is curved down at the back from the roof downwards to the rear window. It just hangs freely and not glued at the rear. I can stick my fingers underneath easily.

There is a plug behind the passenger's seat for a second coat hanger I supposed. I'll pull the plug tomorrow and take a look at it to determine if I can utilize it as a mounting place. I'll take a photo to post here as well.

Thanks for your reply Dashmellow!

Don't worry about where you posted the question. I just thought Mobius mounting stuff should be posted here rather than the support thread.

My headliner isn't attached too well either and I can also just stick my fingers up behind it. I put a big wad of putty up in there that gave me something to screw into and that's worked pretty well so far. If your headliner is different you just need to get creative when it comes to figuring out the best mounting scheme. If you look through this thread you'll see many of the clever things people have come up with. The fact that the Mobius mounting cradle uses a standard 1/4-20 thread opens up many possibilities.

BTW, my headliner curves down a little too. You'll notice I used a black rubber wedge in the back to help make the mount more stable and accommodate the sloping headliner.

Last edited:
Yea, I meant to post my question here but seen your post about mounting in the truck and didn't think before I posted.

There are a lot of great ideas on rear mounting ideas here but not trucks except your's that I've found yet. I had a Toyota back in the late '80's.

Since I got my Mobius , I have been following what others have done for dashcam mounting. Lots of great ideas here!!
This DIY mount is the first of several solutions I am working on. Most of the photos were taken with the rear view mirror pulled out of the way to allow for better photos.
The result of this mount on a 2012 Toyota Rav 4 is a 5 way adjustable mount, completely hidden behind the mirror, that is very secure, and easy to adjust/remove. It is not visible from the outside.

Stay tuned, more mounts to come....

Back