Mobius mounting solutions

Here is my setup. Thanks to members of this forum for giving me ideas and suggestions.

Front
QFjSm7N.jpg

5ROoRqB.jpg

Rear

• Camera mount: Neodymium Magnets
    • These magnets are very powerful to the point of hurting you if you are not careful. I have two of these on either side of the headliner. This way, I can avoid any potential damage to the headliner.
    • I didn't notice any change any recording quality with these magnets. I did a couple of quick tests. While recording, I removed and attached the magnets several times. Didn't see any visual difference in recording quality.
    • Inside the camera, I have the same smaller plate as above.
  • Cables:
  • Mobius: v2 lens B
  • Clips: Command Round Cord Clips
MzkHcL9.jpg

nkzAZMl.jpg

I4129pB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice installation. I note that your front Mobius has the C lens. Also that you're in India. This makes you well placed to comment on the temperature-related focus problem of which the C lens is suspected.

Please share your experience with us, when you've had time to check the video clips, at...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...quests-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/page-83
I am actually currently in the US. I am yet to use Mobius in India. Sorry for the confusion. I have updated my location.

Here is my setup. Thanks to members of this forum for giving me ideas and suggestions.

unni that is a very neat installation indeed, probably the best I have seen, and thank you for the links to Amazon.com, just hope Amazon UK sells the same items as the .com site.

Front & Rear :D

kGLxXoO.jpg

2AyuxhZ.jpg

NTdNSRE.jpg

GjwbidL.jpg

mG45Fre.jpg

j3QPRA7.jpg

QfdiWZk.png

v2AhMEn.png

just mounted switch for "always on mode" :D i mustnt forget to switch it off over weekend
ill have to modify the camera mount to hide it a bit up and left closer to the middle but cant do much because of the mount of the mirror getting in the FOV

Have managed to fit my camera to the rear trim not on the glass and run the power supply from the rear wiper motor

just mounted switch for "always on mode" :D i mustnt forget to switch it off over weekend
ill have to modify the camera mount to hide it a bit up and left closer to the middle but cant do much because of the mount of the mirror getting in the FOV
I mounted mine the same way as you did using the same mount. Mine is also mounted in the dots with the camera peeping just under them.

I also had the same issue as you with getting the mirror mount getting in my video.
I'll post up a photo or two if you want so see it.

I mounted the front dash on the dots using the sticky mount no problem, however for the rear camera I used the same sticky mount but did not stick it to the trim instead I drilled 4 small holes through the base and then mounted it on the trim small nuts and bolts that way it will not come off .

Here's my install in my Ford Ranger.

Inside
ypd7k.png

Passenger side
i4ej5f.png

Outside view. Dirty windscreen and glare. Rinsed off truck afterwards. :)
sy2z3m.png

If there are new or good mounts ,pls send a link ,I am interested to source

you lucky b. you have more space above the mirror
There is a ball joint at the mirror and another one at the mount on the windscreen so I can move mirror up or down. Maybe for short or tall people.

Thanks!

Today I made a start on mounting my rear Mobius ( Standard Lens ), I had planned on mounting the Mobius body out of sight on the back of the High Level Brake Light cover, and using the lens extension lead made it possible, or so I thought, because once fitted the body fouled the rear door and made it impossible to fit in that location. So just for testing purposes it was mounted on the bottom of the HLBL cover.

MOBIUS-1530-Edit.jpg
mobius-1538-Edit.jpg

MOBIUS-1543-Edit.jpg

Looking through the above thread, I like the idea of mounting with magnets, as that would prevent any damage being caused to the headlining.

I'll post some more shots once fitted when the final placement has been decided.

Does anyone know if you can join 2 lens extension leads together, and if so, does it have any effect on image quality?

Cheers...

I have a 2013 Toyota Yaris hatchback.

Originally, I bought a rear seat post reflector from a bicycle shop. Took off the reflector, attached it to the rearview mirror stem. Then used a cut down M6 roofing bolt to screw into the Mobius mounting adapter. This was fine but fiddly to adjust for the correct angle and to remove the Mobius.

However, I didn't realise the stem moved if the mirror was moved. Ruining the careful alignment of the Mobius.

So I too went with the Scosche MagicMount. The small plate sticks nicely inside the Mobius, underneath the capacitor. The magnetic hold feels strong enough. It's quick and easy to position. Also allows for quick detachment of the Mobius for updating/downloading etc.

I replaced the original grey sticky pad with a black version that is a decent enough alternative:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00E9VS2NS
I've used a 90° left-angle mini-b adapter. This plugs into a 3 metre USB A to mini-B cable (from Maplin) under the headlining, down the side of the A-column (above and away from the airbag) and down round the back of the dash by the pedals. Then into a Scosche reVOLT (2.1amp x 2) USB charger.

image.jpg

Does anyone know if you can join 2 lens extension leads together, and if so, does it have any effect on image quality?
You can, but there will be a lot of colored blocks in the video because of the loss of signal. Unfortunatelly this is the maximum length for the Mobius lens extension :(

You can, but there will be a lot of colored blocks in the video because of the loss of signal. Unfortunatelly this is the maximum length for the Mobius lens extension :(

Thanks for the help, that's a shame as I really want to hide the Mobius case out of site, and well away from the extended lens.

(This post is in reply to a Mobius mounting question asked in another thread.)

@Turtley, so to answer your question I mounted a Mobius at the top of the rear window of my pick-up rather than at the bottom. This is more or less necessary because if you mount the camera at the bottom of a truck's rear window you end up with too much bed in the FOV and not enough road. I mounted the camera in the headliner with the lens close to the glass. I started out with an "A" lens Mobius but swapped in a "B" lens which works much better for covering both sides of the bed while still providing good coverage behind the truck. (I settled on the wide setting) If you use the style mount you used in your front windshield mount you should end up with a pretty stealthy install. I haven't posted any photos of my install but it looks similar to the way the camera is installed in this previous post in this thread, only more stealthy in part because of the design of my vehicle.

Back