Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

I believe the developer of Registrator viewer has passed away (I think he was involved in a crash on his motorbike), so maybe his domain license expired or something

oh man how terrible! I didn't know.

That's the sad truth unfortunately.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/rip-vadim-kozlov-author-of-registratorviewer-datakam.13901/
The Google Map API keys and what not might expire and stop working at some point in the future.

So far as I know the last version is/was 6.0.0.8.

I believe the developer of Registrator viewer has passed away (I think he was involved in a crash on his motorbike), so maybe his domain license expired or something
Given how valuable Registrator viewer is I hope someone can host a copy.. even without updating the program it is by far the best viewer at the moment (That I have found.. and stand to be corrected):)

Given how valuable Registrator viewer is I hope someone can host a copy.. even without updating the program it is by far the best viewer at the moment (That I have found.. and stand to be corrected):)
Bit awkward when you say that on the dedicated thread for an alternate dashcam viewer created by the developer [emoji13]

Bit awkward when you say that on the dedicated thread for an alternate dashcam viewer created by the developer [emoji13]
:) Not awkward at all.. calling a spade a spade, the Registrator viewer is the best among them. The viewer that comes with the Blackvue camera is junk in comparison.

I can probably host a version of it somewhere. i was thinking the same thing with the original site being down i felt lucky to get it before it happened (this happened days ago). I ahve since uploaded it to google drive, onedrive, and onto my raid in two places lol.

EDIT: I had posted a shared copy of this resource, but after reading from someone it's already hosted at an alternate location there's no need, so i'm editing my reply to remove the links

Last edited:
I can probably host a version of it somewhere. i was thinking the same thing with the original site being down i felt lucky to get it before it happened (this happened days ago). I ahve since uploaded it to google drive, onedrive, and onto my raid in two places lol.

we have it on our site, it's also on Datakam's website, they were the major financier of his work

I have a later test build as well but I don't know that it would help anyone as it was a work in progress and not a release version

we have it on our site, it's also on Datakam's website, they were the major financier of his work

I have a later test build as well but I don't know that it would help anyone as it was a work in progress and not a release version
as a developer I would love to get any version you have if possible

as a developer I would love to get any version you have if possible
:) If possible (or legal).. please add a WiFi feature to connect to those cameras that have WiFi (as in Blackvue DR650GW models):):)
Perhaps.. the administrators of this forum could make a link to the program into a sticky so it is easier to find.

:) If possible (or legal).. please add a WiFi feature to connect to those cameras that have WiFi (as in Blackvue DR650GW models):):)
Perhaps.. the administrators of this forum could make a link to the program into a sticky so it is easier to find.
I'm not the author so I couldn't do anything to edit the software, but man i wish the camera had WiFi capability and you could push videos to your computer once you connect. that would be ideal. then delete the files from the camera.

I'm not the author so I couldn't do anything to edit the software, but man i wish the camera had WiFi capability and you could push videos to your computer once you connect. that would be ideal. then delete the files from the camera.

Same question was responded to on page 7
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dashcam-viewer-for-mac-and-windows.4357/page-7#post-205670

Dashcam Viewer v1.9.4 Released for Mac and Windows

Version 1.9.4 of Dashcam Viewer adds a number of new features described below. Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.

New Features:
  • [Mac] Users can now merge multiple movies into a single long movie. See the new toolbar button with the sideways arrow. Note that the free version is limited to merging a maximum of two movies. Windows’ implementation is ongoing (it's being stubborn). (Thanks to Superbaz for the suggestion)
merge_movies.jpg
  • The JumpTo pop-up menu now displays the movie name followed by the day of week, date and start time. This makes it easy to choose a movie based on a particular day. (Thanks to Robert Guezen for the suggestion).
epochs.jpg

• When the Dashcam Viewer application is brought to the foreground, all of its windows are brought to the foreground too. Previously, only the windows that was clicked on was brought to the foreground. This keeps Dashcam Viewer piece-parts together!
  • The Export Movie button has been promoted to a full-fledged toolbar button.
  • [Mac] Added support for ION Dashcam WiFi (Thanks to Ian M. for sample files).
As always, new feature ideas are appreciated and encouraged. Keep in mind Dashcam Viewer is a general purpose player that supports 35+ dashcam models. Suggestions that benefit the most users will have priority over suggestions that benefit a specific dashcam.

Regards,
- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Very nice, your innovation marches on as usual.

If you can get it to where we can mark the start point, end point, and then export that exact piece this will be just as good as Registratorviewer.
(instead of just joining two full clips, unless I'm not understanding the "jumpto" correctly)

I don't have a mac to try this, but glad you're getting closer to ticking all the boxes for everyone.

Last edited:

If you can get it to where we can mark the start, end, and export that exact piece this will be just as good as Registratorviewer.
(instead of just joining two full clips, unless I'm not understanding the "jumpto" correctly)

I don't have a mac to try this, but glad you're getting closer to ticking all the boxes for everyone.

@Pier28, yes, you can export a portion of clip by clicking the Export Clip toolbar button.
export_clip.jpg

To use it, just play the movie up until the beginning of the portion you want to export. Then click the Export Clip button. Enter the number of seconds to capture and the file destination. Your clip will then be exported. It's not quite the same as entering exact start and stop points, but it gets the job done.

@Pier28, yes, you can export a portion of clip by clicking the Export Clip toolbar button.
export_clip.jpg

To use it, just play the movie up until the beginning of the portion you want to export. Then click the Export Clip button. Enter the number of seconds to capture and the file destination. Your clip will then be exported. It's not quite the same as entering exact start and stop points, but it gets the job done.

Nice! It's hard to know how many seconds we want though after you are at a start point. The ultimate will be if you find a way to mark the start/end points on the time line.
(and then export based on that like a standard video editing app)
Baby steps though, basics/foundation is now in place which is great. (again, nicely done)

If you can get it to where we can mark the start point, end point, and then export that exact piece this will be just as good as Registratorviewer.

Very valid point here. I've downloaded the free version but don't use it full time because this particular feature isn't as intuitive as RV, so I usually end up going back to that. I still follow development here in anticipation

And.. then, when you add WiFi functionality.. :D you will have the very best viewer.

Dashcam Viewer v2.0.0 Released for Mac and Windows

We just released version 2.0.0 of Dashcam Viewer today. Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.

New Features:
  • Users can now drag and drop a movie folder onto the gray area of the Player Window to load movies in that folder.
  • The window movement sync/unsync status is now indicated with a “lock” icon in the toolbar
  • New and improved toolbar icons!
toolbar_v2.0.0.jpg
  • Simplified Registration window.
Bug Fixes:
  • [Mac] Fixed incompatibility with Mac OX 10.8 which could lead to a crash
The free version is full-featured (except for WiFi ;)), but is limited to loading up to 5 movies at a time.

Regards,
- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Back