Gitup git2 Videos

I am pretty liberal when it come to music, i go from Vivaldi to megadeath and most things in between.

BUT ! techno and drum and bass and what not is on the no go list along with fusion jazz and Bjork :D

A friend of mine has started a robotic project called NEUTRON which is designed and built from zero with steel pipe and aluminum. This 4x4 tank is based on Arduino Uno platform with 2 motor drivers and a Bluetooth module. It is controlled with an application made on MIT APP 2 Inventor (works on any android). Of course the video from the Neutron is taken with the Git2 and you can see the Gyro operation, it almost looks like a gimbal !

Urban & Street Art : exhibition before an auction in Paris at Cornette de Saint Cyr

(1080@60 resized to 720p, fov 120°, gyro on)

Some of that street art is pretty cool, i have been thinking if i ever got into money and build a house then i would have some artists decorate the walls with something cool instead of the usual 1 color paint.

Paris, Techno Parade 2016
Nice work of gyro stabilization while I walked through the crowd, I'm happy about it.

1080 60fps, gyro on, fov 120°

gosh! I would hope an external microphone would help tremendously at an event like this! Depends if they can take the levels!

Paris, Techno Parade 2016
Nice work of gyro stabilization while I walked through the crowd, I'm happy about it.

1080 60fps, gyro on, fov 120°
sheesh - the bass was so strong at around 2:00 that it seemed to be giving the gyro stabilization some trouble as well! and big surprise - nobody had any hearing protection.

Two small tests I've done with the new firmware 1.6 beta but I want to make a test in low light recording at 60 fps 1080 to see if it is true that improves drop frames.

The attached video is a comparison of a Mobius camera on the left that I have had for about two years. The video on the right is a Git2 that I just received a couple of weeks ago. I have tried various settings on the Git2, but just cannot get it to look any better than the Mobius. It is not as sharp particularly went heading into the sun. As I believe you can see in the video the Git2 does not look good at all when I make the first left turn. When I make the first right turn it seems to improve, but still not as good as the Mobius.

Does someone have any suggestions as to what parameters I might try on the Git2, as I'm pretty disappointed at this point.

TIA

Settings for this comparison were:
Mobius:
1080p 30 FPS
Firmware: 2.41

Git2
1080p 60 FPS
Metering - Centre
60 hz
Firmware: 1.6 beta

Everything else is default or normal on both cameras.

Does someone have any suggestions as to what parameters I might try on the Git2, as I'm pretty disappointed at this point.

You can start with:
- Metering: DashCam
- FrameRate: 30 fps
- BitRate: maximum.
- Custom WB: +4Red / +4Blue

Do you have gyro ON ? In my opinion it seems like the mobius is more steady then the git2, check the hood while driving it seems the git2 is bumpy..... Set Gyro OFF and check you setup so its steady... In my opinion the car suspension is enough for stabilistation and the Gyro will lower the quality of the video.

The attached video is a comparison of a Mobius camera on the left that I have had for about two years. The video on the right is a Git2 that I just received a couple of weeks ago. I have tried various settings on the Git2, but just cannot get it to look any better than the Mobius. It is not as sharp particularly went heading into the sun. As I believe you can see in the video the Git2 does not look good at all when I make the first left turn. When I make the first right turn it seems to improve, but still not as good as the Mobius.

TIA

Settings for this comparison were:
Mobius:
1080p 30 FPS
Firmware: 2.41

Git2
1080p 60 FPS
Metering - Centre
60 hz
Firmware: 1.6 beta

well my gitup git2 arrived around midday today I charged the battery ( need to get a rapid charger it took forever ) the settings menu was easy to use time/date and personal preferences etc Its tipping it down with rain at the moment so it looks like getting some footage will have to wait till tomorrow firmware version is 1.4 which surprised me I thought it would have had the 1.5 version Not sure whether to upgrade or hang on for the 1.6 firmware Apart from that everything appears to functioning correctly..... Ipol

90 mins on a wall charger not via the PC usb.......:( Ipol

oh ok I thought it was a little slow Another strange thing there is a yellow sticker on the package that was added once the package arrived on european soil (it arrived in Holland before it was rerouted to France ) it reads quote.......goods not fulfilling the conditions laid down in articles 28 and 29 of the treaty on the functioning of the european union .......Seeing as the package appeared to be un- opened I wonder what led them to that conclusion .....I filmed an hour of our elderly keep fit class yesterday I wont subject the members of DCT to a viewing its too painful to watch o_O excruciating springs to mind But was pleased with the video and audio quality Hope to take some dashcam footage with it over the weekend ....Ipol

My latest work

The Transalpina or DN67C located in the Parâng Mountains group, in the Southern Carpathians of Romania, is one of the highest roads of the Carpathian Mountains. It connects Novaci, south of Parâng Mountains, to Sebeş in the north. It is said that the road was built under King Carol II and rebuilt during World War II by German troops and it is called The King's Road by the locals. Also a story has it that Nicolae Ceauşescu had the Transfăgărăşan Road (DN7C) built during the communist regime just to surpass the Transalpina. The road has its highest point at the Urdele Pass, where the elevation is 2,145m above sea level. Given the high altitude, the road is closed during the cold months of the year. Works began in 2007 in order to transform this spectacular road into a modern highway (148 km), allowing a rapid transit between Oltenia and Transylvania. Rânca, a newly developed resort, is located towards the south end of the Transalpina road.

For this video I have used:
- 1x Git1
- 2x Git2
- 1x SJ4000+
- 1x Phantom 3 Pro

I will not mention which camera was use where, as this is not a comparison between them it's more of a showcase of action camera usage. The video was also highly edited (colors, saturation, sharpens, effects, transition, speedups, slowdowns etc.). Some resolutions may not be available on YouTube as it's still processing. Also this time I have upscaled all the media to 4K so that at 1080p it will look a bit better on YouTube (less compression artifacts).

This could be driving through the mountains of central Pennsylvania!

I am pretty liberal when it come to music, i go from Vivaldi to megadeath and most things in between.

BUT ! techno and drum and bass and what not is on the no go list along with fusion jazz and Bjork :D
How about Jimi Hendrix and Led Sep?
Heavy metal?
Jazz?

They are off course must have, don't have everything with them, but i am well covered on those 2 bands.

They are off course must have, don't have everything with them, but i am well covered on those 2 bands.
Somehow I knew you'd appreciate Jimi! Too bad he like Janis let the drugs get the better of him!
A testament to young people that drugs are a dead end street!

a chinese guy (Lee Gin) testing Gyro,

;)
Was he using the Gyro?

The jelly wing mirrors where caused by software stabilisation on his computer, I think just using the Git2 gyro would have looked better...

Back