Gitup git2 Videos

And NO it will not include skydiving snorkling skateboarding or racing down hills on a mountain bike One look in the mirror tells me I am too old and wrinkly for any of that.........:confused: Ipol
You must try out the raw photo mode then, and have a look in the Git2 Photo thread for inspiration ;)

Your profession is a nice reason to come to France :)

In the room at 1,30mn, there are many models of cars and locomotives manufactured by Alstom for lots of countries.
(1,42mn the red locomotive, FEPASA, Brasil)
(1,55mn the blue locomotive, Netherlands)

It is a strange sensation to touch the first locomotive of the video ; Metal work is really handsome and it is full of human history. But I was a little disapointed, I would have like climb inside.
You should come to UK where we still use our steam locomotives, this locomotive was built in 2008:
(This is a Git1 video, - no gyro stabilisation and not in stereo!)

Nice video ; I didn't know that steam locomotives are still used in England. Sure, the next time I come to England, I'll try to take a little trip on board.

Yeah the Brits run some of the nicer ones and even in regular traffic as i understand it, and so they should after all they came up with the stuff.
We also have a few placed here running old steam engines, but that's on smaller private tracks.

If only those trains could burn broken promises then at least here our politicians would be able to keep the trains going strong.

But the big boys :eek: :cool:

Yeah the Brits run some of the nicer ones and even in regular traffic as i understand it, and so they should after all they came up with the stuff.
We also have a few placed here running old steam engines, but that's on smaller private tracks.
Most of ours run on private/non-profit tracks too, nearly 200 tracks, normally as regular services during the summer half of the year.

It's got a bit difficult running old steam engines on the main inter-city tracks as most of them can't keep up with the modern trains and keep breaking down when they are run too fast, which is why the one in my video was built - it was designed to run reliably at 140 km/h.

We are currently building a bigger one, why play with models when you can play with a full size monster: https://www.p2steam.com/design/
893550_450160248426143_1942567212_o.jpg

wonder if they could convert them to run on CNG instead of coal, to have them be cleaner burning and keep the greenie-weenies happy.
Don't know of any running on CNG but we used to have a lot of the narrow gauge steam locomotives running on oil (presumably heating oil), several railways converted all their locomotives, however they seem to have all been converted back to coal because oil became too expensive (http://www.rheidolrailway.co.uk/locos.htm), I guess CNG would be even more expensive. All the new ones being built seem to be coal fired: http://www.rail.co.uk/rail-news/2016/new-narrow-gauge-steam-rivalry/

Remember that most of what comes out the funnel is pure water vapour (steam) and perfectly clean, Tornado in my video uses 22 tonnes of water in 100 miles. The fuel they use is the same fuel as a lot of our green electric trains use that get their electricity from coal fired power stations!

Last edited:
That may be true (electric trains getting power from coal fired plants) but on the scale of a power generation station, you have a lot more room and no weight limitations to install exhaust scrubbing equipment. And larger burners run hotter and thus cleaner (in general anyway).

CNG has a different energy density too, so that might be a factor.

And before anyone calls me a stinking hippy, know that I think it's stupid how the US is letting our existing nuclear power plants go out of service due to age (and running them way past their original design age and then acting surprised when there's failures!) and then not replacing them with new nuclear plants.

One can only hope someone is having a plan, or the American ppl will have to break out the kerosene lamps again.

I think i read somewhere that foolproof nuclear energy is just around the corner, or at least a lot closer than some of the more outrageous power schemes out there.
O and there is even nuke plants than can burn the waste of the old nuke plants, and i do think turning waster into precious power is just about as good as it will ever get, also if its nuclear waste we are talking about.

That may be true (electric trains getting power from coal fired plants)...
Checks the meters ... the UK is currently generating 1.73% of its electricity from coal! 31.4% from nuclear, although we could do with some new nuclear plants too.

We are electrifying at least parts of our railroads, so now we have to buy new trains, just as the diesel trains we got in Italy 20 yeras ago have finally become operational.

I vote for a Danish nuke plant too, but i must insist on it being the double foolproof version.

street art video with the Top To Bottom Festival in Paris

1080 60fps, gyro on, fov 120°

But the big boys :eek: :cool:
This is currently the UK's most powerful steam locomotive, just back from a 3.5 year long service, 6201 - Princess Elizabeth, passed by my home on Saturday. It was named after our queen back in 1933 when the queen was 7 year old.

Your Big Boy has wheels only 1,727 meters diameter, Princess Elizabeth has wheels 2.057 meters diameter. It is nowhere near as heavy as the American, but it is faster and holds the steam speed record for London to Glasgow - 644 Km without stopping at an average speed over 113 km/h, including climbing over the mountains into Scotland.

Used the Git2 this time so has stabilisation and stereo audio, although it was a bit windy so that spoilt the audio a little.

(It towed that diesel locomotive on the back into Exeter, then left it behind!)

3 french ministries in Paris, first is defense

Paris, Techno Parade 2016
Nice work of gyro stabilization while I walked through the crowd, I'm happy about it.

footage :) - "Music" o_O

footage :) - "Music" o_O

Yes I agree. The main difficulty, I shot parts with a lot of mega loud bass while on other parts, I walked through the crowd... May be I should have set the sound to low to get a good sound then after adjust the volume.

Last edited:
Back