Gitup git2 Videos

Meant to do some bitrate testing as advised rather to limit it before uploading than let Youtube do the compression (with reference to this), but because the sun was setting and the weather conditions changed next day ended up just doing some resolution and CPL filter testing instead (hopefully can do more tests with the bitrate later).

What I've seen so far I would say the best setting to shoot road videos is still 1080p60 high bitrate and gyro on despite the fact that the quality suffers a lot after Youtube's compression. Unfortunately as I don't have access to proper postproduction software at the moment there is no other option than upload the videos unedited without more sophisticated compression techniques in order to maintain at least some level of quality.

The above one is shot near the time of sunset with CPL filter, therefore colors are IMO quite good (all of the videos are shot with low contrast). Still I am not completely satisfied with the overall quality of the video as despite the gyro IMO quality of individual frames suffer from vibration/motion blur. This is probably mostly due to handlebar mounting together with rough surfaced concrete road - I've run out of adhesive pad mounts which I've have found the best to isolate vibration and some of the noise conducting from the motorcycle frame.

The next two are shot the next day from a bit different angle without CPL. I think the colors are much more pale (a bit cloudy weather around noon), and the videos suffer much more from the vibration.

You can find all the rest non-default settings which affect the quality from the description.

The videos itself are shot riding a Ducati Monster* at the notorious Haad Rin road at Koh Phangan, Thailand. The road has been fatal for many tourists and while the safety of the road has been improved over the years due to more modern motorbikes and added safety features accidents do happen every now and then especially during the Full Moon Party held every month at Haad Rin beach.

image.jpg

You might consider this guy one of the lucky ones

image.jpg

*Ducati Monster MSX125 (made in Thailand) with some gear box issues...

Last edited:
@Jantteri, your videos shows the same problem i'm seeing in all daylight videos with the Git2 (i have the same issue, i think all Git2 users has it). When the camera tries to adapt the exposure in the sky it fails badly. It saturates it with blue color the darker areas (edge of the frame mostly) and with some light color which is between purple/grey/blue the brightwer areas (bright sky portions). The result is a sky that goes from blue>weird color>blue again>weird color again...and so on, as you travel.

Regarding to the videos itself, i don't think you are gaining much with the CPL. Also usisng the low contrast with CPL and -2/3 is not that "ideal"...for one side you increase the dynamic range with the low contrast, and for other you reduce it with -2/3 EV and the CPL. That is my suggestion.

Yes I did notice the "wandering blue sky" as you have brought it up in your previous posts, and yes it's certainly an issue which should be addressed, and adding the low color saturation feature might just do the trick.

About the CPL I wanted to see if I could reduce the lens reflections I had on previous videos but here in this particular sample it isn't a problem because the sun is shining from the back, and I'm quite satisfied how the colors came out despite the issue with blue sky - of course I also should have tested it without CPL at the same time with similar lightning conditions to see whether there is any real difference. And about the negative EV values, I have been using -1 usually without CPL as with neutral EV the sky seems to get over-exposed constantly.

Some colourful fireworks over the sea, recorded from the beach:

Settings were default except for:
Resolution: 2160, 4:3 (For extra vertical FOV)
Loop Recording: 10 minutes (To avoid any glitches between files)
Audio Level: High (Fireworks should be noisy!)
Date Stamp: Off
EV: -1/3 (Don't think it made any difference since I manually set the exposure)
Shutter Speed: 1/60 Sec (Fairly fast to avoid motion blue since the fireworks can move fast and I might want to take some still images from the video.)
ISO: 200 (Avoiding over exposure since I wanted to keep the colour.)
Colour: Vivid (I like colourful fireworks.)
Contrast: Low (Because it was already set that way.)
Gyro: Off (It was on a tripod, plus I wanted a large FOV.)
Sharpness: Soft (Didn't need artificial sharpening since it was recorded at 2160 resolution and I only want 1080.)
Video Bitrate: High (for high quality)
Metering: Average (Don't think it made any difference since I manually set the exposure)

Then I processed it using ffmpeg using the following options:
-itsoffset 0.48 (To remove most of the audio delay due to distance and the speed of sound)
crop=w=2880:h=1620:x=760:y=0 (Digital zoom selecting the part of the FOV that I want. I didn't know beforehand how high the fireworks would go so had to record from further away than ideal for the lens to make sure I got everything, plus there was water at the right distance!)
scale=1920:1080 (That's the resolution of the video I want to produce.)
gamma=1.6 (Brighten the darker areas.)
saturation=2.9 (Extra vivid :))
unsharp=3:3:1.2:7:7:0 (Just a little sharpening of the 1080 resolution video.)
-ss 301 -to 561 (Only the interesting part of the video.)
-crf 18 (High quality output.)

ffmpeg -i fireworks.mp4 -itsoffset 0.48 -i fireworks.mp4 -vf "crop=w=2880:h=1620:x=760:y=0, scale=1920:1080, setpts=1*PTS, eq=gamma=1.6:saturation=2.9, unsharp=3:3:1.2:7:7:0" -c:v libx264 -map 0:1 -map 1:0 -preset veryslow -ss 301 -to 561 -crf 18 fireworks_18.mp4

So this weekend I tried my first Timelapse during sunset and are not really satisfied.

Gitup Git2 - 1080p, 60fps, 1picture/second, mode "vivid", Firmware 1.5, everything else on auto

Any recommendations on how to improve the quality?

A dancing horse, and cow :)

Hello world :)

Paris city tour on motorbike,

One of my first Git2 video edited, one shot of 55 minutes in august 2016
Git2 : 1080p 60fps, gyro ON, fov 120°, fimware 1.4, fixed on helmet
Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CC + Windows 7 64bits sp1
Hardware : Intel Xeon X5460 used hacked, nvidia GTX 560 ti used with CUDA on, 5Go of RAM used
Vehicule : Suzuki Burgman 125

00mn 07s colonne de juillet
00mn 22s opéra Bastille
00mn 28s place de la Bastille
01mn 14s citroën 2 CV :)
01mn 25s église Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis
02mn 07s hôtel de ville de Paris
02mn 58s préfecture de police de Paris
03mn 06s pont Notre-Dame
03mn 49s Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
04mn 13s pont Saint-Michel
05mn 19s le Panthéon
06mn 07s jardin du Luxembourg
06mn 32s théâtre de l'Odéon
06mn 43s le Sénat
07mn 38s église Saint-Sulpice
08mn 47s église de Saint Germain des Prés
10mn 20s fontaine Saint-Michel
10mn 50s palais de justice
11mn 11s théâtre du Châtelet
11mn 21s place du Châtelet
11mn 34s tour Saint-Jacques
12mn 21s palais du Louvre
12mn 49s palais Royal
13mn 15s musée du Louvre
13mn 24s pyramide du Louvre
13mn 33s arc de triomphe du Carrousel
14mn 53s musée d'Orsay
15mn 59s Assemblée Nationale
16mn 24s place de la Concorde
16mn 39s obélisque de Louxor
17mn 25s église de la Madeleine
18mn 26s opéra Garnier
19mn 10s colonne Vendôme
19mn 23s place Vendôme
20mn 07s jardin des Tuileries
21mn 22s bas des Champs Élysées
22mn 07s statue du Général De Gaulle
22mn 18s Petit Palais
22mn 27s Grand Palais
22mn 45s pont Alexandre III
23mn 10s esplanade des Invalides
23mn 42s hôtel des Invalides
24mn 37s musée Rodin
25mn 18s église Saint-Louis-des-Invalides
27mn 28s musée du quai Branly
28mn 00s tour Eiffel
28mn 34s pont d'Iéna
28mn 53s jardin du Trocadéro
30mn 08s palais de Chaillot
30mn 12s place du Trocadéro
31mn 22s place Charles-de-Gaulle (place de l’Étoile)
31mn 29s Arc de Triomphe
32mn 17s avenue des Champs-Élysées

Last edited:
Magnifique not seen the big "P" city since i was there in 1985.

Magnifique not seen the big "P" city since i was there in 1985.

Thx, old stones don't change but people have change a lot since 1985 ;) , here another one :

Paris Montmartre and Sacré-Coeur tour on motorbike with Git2 : 1080p 60fps, gyro ON, fov 120°, fimware 1.4, fixed on helmet

for pressed people, 2 choices :
first : 9mn 12s to 10mn 20s
second : 4mn 42s to 6mn 36s

00mn 32s square Louise Michel et basilique du Sacré-Coeur
01mn 00s bas du funiculaire
01mn 50s atelier Picasso
02mn 27s rue Lepic
04mn 29s bas de la basilique du Sacré-Coeur
04mn 38s vue sur Paris
05mn 03s haut du funiculaire
05mn 28s réservoir de Montmartre
05mn 41s basilique du Sacré-Coeur
06mn 50s escalier de Montmartre
07mn 11s clos de Montmartre (vignes)
07mn 23s cabaret Au Lapin Agile
09mn 13s centre de Montmartre
09mn 41s place du Tertre
09mn 59s église Saint-Pierre de Montmartre
10mn 59s place Dalida
13mn 01s place des Abbesse
s

Hi,

Ganesh Chaturthi in Paris, 28 august 2016

Camera : Git2 Pro from GitUp in 720p 60fps, stabilization Gyro actived, field of view set to 120°
Vidéo edition : Adobe Premiere CC
Camera handle made with original accessories :

16503_a.jpg

We lack Ex Indians here i think, but other less fortunate cultures we have more than enough i think.

street art and more...

with Git2 Pro 1080, 60fps, gyro actived, fov 120°, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, H264 CBR 7,5mo/s

Le Grand 8 de l'art urbain, Banksy une rencontre de rue, la Réserve Malakoff (Paris) :

Exposition Electrosound, from lab to dancefloor, Espace Fondation EDF (Paris) :

Graffic Art Festival, street art à Puteaux (Paris) :

Ephemeral place Grand Train, Paris :

Trains was the reason i was in France back then, i was a machine worker apprentice with the Danish Railroads, so the SNCF TGV was pretty amazing to see for us used to work on stone age trains.

Seem like Denmark and trains is not a good mix, we sure as hell cant buy some good ones, and when we made good ones ourself they was steam trains.

Our Italian made IC4 trains will more or less be pensioned before they are all put to use, i cant believe what a embarrassing mistake that mess have been.
And its not like our Danish made IC3 trains before those was much better.

Your profession is a nice reason to come to France :)

In the room at 1,30mn, there are many models of cars and locomotives manufactured by Alstom for lots of countries.
(1,42mn the red locomotive, FEPASA, Brasil)
(1,55mn the blue locomotive, Netherlands)

It is a strange sensation to touch the first locomotive of the video ; Metal work is really handsome and it is full of human history. But I was a little disapointed, I would have like climb inside.

Well this thread has certainly given me inspiration I ordered a git 2 yesterday Email today says it has been shipped cant wait to get my hands on it and play around I paid 113.90 euros with free shipping Will update as and when it arrives It will give me the opportunity to video where a traditional dashcam can not go And NO it will not include skydiving snorkling skateboarding or racing down hills on a mountain bike One look in the mirror tells me I am too old and wrinkly for any of that.........:confused: Ipol

Back