SGZC12RC wiping card?

Spoke too soon - camera corrupted this evening.

That means I've tried pretty much every single settings combo since buying the camera 6 months ago.

Since my 2+ month run with MD off I've so far tried again:

MD ON - High - 1 Min - G Min - Crash
MD ON - High - 1 Min - G Off - Crash

Currently trying:
MD ON - Med - 1 Min - G Off...

We are going to need a debug firmware to get anywhere solving this?!

How about another settings window we can pull up the logs on screen before powering the device off?

can you clarify, you did or didn't have the same with MD off?

Hi @jokiin fyi 3 weeks now testing MD=off with the 4 cameras (1.01.02) with 128GB Lexar cards. No sign of the "Please format card!" issue. Will keep testing but the evidence is building that MD=on is the cause (it's the only change I've made). Can you have the engineer start looking at the MD code?

Note: I did have the rear camera power off and stay off twice during the last 3 weeks. On the second occasion I reformatted the card just in case and so far no problems. I'm not sure if these are related problems or not.

Hi @jokiin fyi 3 weeks now testing MD=off with the 4 cameras (1.01.02) with 128GB Lexar cards. No sign of the "Please format card!" issue. Will keep testing but the evidence is building that MD=on is the cause (it's the only change I've made). Can you have the engineer start looking at the MD code?

Note: I did have the rear camera power off and stay off twice during the last 3 weeks. On the second occasion I reformatted the card just in case and so far no problems. I'm not sure if these are related problems or not.

ok thanks, that helps a lot

Hi @jokiin Update... I spoke too soon. I hit the "Please format card" issue today on the front camera with MD=off. Either MD is not related or the issue is less frequent with MD=off. Not sure yet. Is it possible to get a workaround fix that can actually format the card inside the unit when this problem arises? This would really help out when it crops up.

Ok. Is there any advantage to running > 1.01.02 firmware currently?

Getting to the point now where I will have to consider sending it back.

They've had long enough to find the issue and clearly they can't so not holding out hope...

nothing that should have any affect on the issue you have, will check again later today and see if any further news since

Ok sure. I'm a bit concerned not being on the latest, because developers usually want you on the latest version before paying any attention to problem reports. Are there any showstoppers with the latest version?

I have been inactive for a while. Stepped in today being sure there must be a fix by this time of this long time Please format issue. Very disappointed we are still where we were a year ago and no fix.

Just a reminder of my setup:
I use Motion Detect, run 24/7.
2 cards 128Gb Lexar 633x
2 cards 128Gb Samsung Evo
I am circulating the cards once they corrupt. And they keep getting corrupted.

Jokiin,
How come your engineers cannot reproduce the problem for so long when so many users are having exactly the same issue again and again.
Are you guys even using your own products in real life? If you only use them in the labs, then we have a problem here...

we have some users that run the same that don't have issues, seems to effect some but not others which makes it harder to pinpoint the cause, the only things that seem consistent is that it's more likely to occur if using motion detect and running 24/7, some users do this without issue though, a problem that happens for everyone is much easier to deal with

do you have any 32gb cards available for testing?

Most customers have not reported about this issue. It looks like it might be related to memory card. Some cards need more frequent formatting than others.
If @russ331 can refresh my memory which memory card brand / size is being used?

Most customers have not reported about this issue. It looks like it might be related to memory card. Some cards need more frequent formatting than others.

I have a suspicion that a small proportion of memory cards (maybe 10-20%) have minor errors or defects which aren't noticed with most types of use but can be a problem when they are put under heavy workloads in dashcams, especially once fragmented or once the overwrite count starts getting into the many hundreds.
I also have a suspicion that the larger cards (64GB+, exFAT) are more likely to have these minor defects than smaller cards.
I have some cards which don't work as they should in dashcams but h2testw says the card is OK and my computer seems to be able to format the card, write to the card and read the card.

I also have a suspicion that the larger cards (64GB+, exFAT) are more likely to have these minor defects than smaller cards..

larger cards have an advantage due to less overwrites to do the same task, but also more likely to suffer defects

@jokiin can the engineers see what charge is in the capacitors via software? Not sure how often the caps get charged but I noticed the X2 is having what appear to be issues with the caps lately and turning off too quickly through the shutdown process due to insufficient charge - I've ordered some from eBay to swap over :)

Cutting out midway through a write to the filesystem tables / metadata may cause the sort of issues you're seeing here though - the Zoran exFAT driver did appear buggy in the X2 - not sure which version you guys have though so may be unrelated.

Back