SG Dual Camera set up?

From what I've seen in this thread, I believe the first 2 channel setup (the SD card goes in the front main unit, which uses a similar outer housing as the viofo a119) will be out in a few months (at best) and the 2 channel remote a few months after that.

From what I've seen in this thread, I believe the first 2 channel setup (the SD card goes in the front main unit, which uses a similar outer housing as the viofo a119) will be out in a few months (at best) and the 2 channel remote a few months after that.

Thank you.........I think I grab something cheap to cover the next few months and then hopefully we'll see the dual cams coming out over the next 6 months - thanks again

That sound reasonable, and by then i even think there will be 2 dual SG cameras to choose from.

Very Umami by SG serving 2 flavors :cool:

Last edited:
first dual camera model will definitely release Q1 next year, we had scheduled to have an initial production run done a few weeks from now but we won't get it done before Chinese New Year as there's a couple of things still to do so it will be after the holidays, the dual remote model still has a few months work left to do

Jokiin, any indication as to whether this dual cam will have parking mode? Presumably if it is almost ready for production, the baseline software itself has been tested (with/without parking?)

I think it will have full parking mode, just like current high end dual cameras.
I assume it will have prebuffered function too as it otherwise will be a somewhat amputated parking mode.

I'm hoping it has parking mode as the market is quite limited on options for dual cams that has this - the only semi-decent ones sound like Blackvue and Thinkware

I am afraid the dual remote will need something all together different in Regard to CPL filter.

But this is just a disqualified guess on my part. :D

Argh why the hell dident i stay AFK, and take that bath i have been contemplating for 3 hours by now

Sweet i was not sure if you was able to do that :cool:
And come to think about that part with parking guard not being there at launch, you mentioned that before too. :rolleyes:

Maybe i need to start taking notes to keep up / remember stuff.

Sweet i was not sure if you was able to do that :cool:

it was part of the design brief that the filter needed to work for as many models as possible so we could get the cost down through volume, same reason I shared this with @viofo as their sales help us to get the cost lower

no, at least not at time of release, it needs further firmware development to do that properly
I'll wait for release then see how things are then and if it will look likely if the feature will be coming down the line. I dont want to buy something with any false promises (deliberate obviously)

we are not making any promises about parking mode functionality other than it is something we will look at doing if it can be done properly

You can always just record all the time while parked, but this will off course take a toll on the memory card too, regarding power usage i dont think there is much difference between a dashcam that prebuffering to internal memory all the time or a dashcam recording all the time, only memory card use will be worth mentioning.
Sadly i will never be able to use parking guard on a regular level myself, i drive far too little every day for my small car and its small battery to handle such things.
And at home i have a IP camera on the parked car as its pitch black where its parked, but i might on occasion use it in the future is i was to park a place i feel a little nervous about.

You can always just record all the time while parked, but this will off course take a toll on the memory card too, regarding power usage i dont think there is much difference between a dashcam that prebuffering to internal memory all the time or a dashcam recording all the time, only memory card use will be worth mentioning..

correct

Sadly i will never be able to use parking guard on a regular level myself, i drive far too little every day for my small car and its small battery to handle such things..

realistically most people are the same, cars are parked for more than they are driven and parking mode has very little return compared to the cost (by cost I mean wear and tear, memory, battery, camera etc)

Y
And at home i have a IP camera on the parked car as its pitch black where its parked, but i might on occasion use it in the future is i was to park a place i feel a little nervous about.

ultimately a better solution, parking mode might have its benefits for very limited use but that's most often in the minority of situations

Back