SG Dual Camera set up?

not using the GC housing for the dual channel although there are some similarities

the main unit of the dual remote model will be about a quarter of the size of the RC, there's a lot of wasted space inside that one

Can you clarify something for me, the RC looks like it has a bigger form factor/screen than the 9665. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the minority in saying that screen is only useful 9/10 times for setting it up.

Can you clarify something for me, the RC looks like it has a bigger form factor/screen than the 9665. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the minority in saying that screen is only useful 9/10 times for setting it up.

the RC is much larger, we won't have anything anywhere near that big in any of the upcoming models, they are all small form factor

The RC main unit is indeed bigger than need be, but it is not larger than a small fist.
But it do have a unfortunate shape, so it do limit a little where it can be hidden.

No matter what, as you say the screen is not something you will use often, just for initial setup and then once in a while a preventive clean format of the memory card.
There is a few lessons learned from the RC that will go into the new cameras with a main unit to hide ( or display if you feel like that )

I was about to pull the trigger on getting the Thinkware F770 dual camera setup but heard that StreetGuardian was due to release one (hopefully soon in the UK). Any confirmation yet if this new SG product will have a parking mode?

first dual camera model is coming soon, supported features on release is too early to say, it's a brand new product so will need some development time to get the most out of it

Thanks Jokiin, so sounds like the hardware can support it but its whether you want to introduce it on the software side?

In the thread, there's mention of 2 dual devices but the later one being "remote". What does this mean? Is this WIFI setup?

What does the "remote" mean in the dual remote channel model?

In this context it means that both lenses are remote from the central unit that contains the processor(s) and recording medium. Lenses are then able to be smaller and more discrete.

We're doing a dual remote channel model, maybe that's what you're thinking of

Will the dual remote channels model going to be able to update firmware by the users? Or need to ship it back to update like the RC?

Either of these new models have wifi capabilities ?

A remote lens and sensor dash cam is one where the lens and sensor is attached to the windscreen, while the PC electronic unit containing the memory card and microprocessor with mechanical keys and LCD output is mounted in a separate location like the glovebox etc, to avoid damage by thermal solar radiation [heat].

Here is Street Guardian's current remote lens and sensor SGZC12RC V2 below courtesy of Hiniko.
It seems to have a resistive touch screen for input and output, so avoids complex issues with wi-fi mobile phone connections.
This is a single channel model only, but roughly April next year, Street Guardian will release a dual channel model with remote lens and sensors.

RC%20Original-850x850_0.jpg

X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(8)-700x700_0.jpg

X1%20Mounted%20In%20Car%20(10)-700x700_0.jpg

Last edited:
Back