Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

Too bad it cant work.

I hope we can get this in Australia at the USA price & not at a 30% premium from local outlets , as usual .

USA can import dashcam products duty free, not fair for consumers/retailers in some countries unfortunately. Brazil has nearly a 70% tax I'm told for example.

Do we have an estimated release time now?

The small form factor camera for the sgzc12rc, has got to be industry leading, esp for the resolution and quality provided. You literally don't notice the windshield mount of my sgzc12rc from outside or inside of my car.
I would like to upgrade from my sgzc12rc to the planned dual channel remote. Are we looking at a spring '17 time frame?

Yeah thats my understanding that the dual remote should follow in spring next year, but i guess this may be pushed back as the dual remote is following other products, and if those already released products act up a little then SG may choose to focus on them and so divert resources from the dual remote camera.

But this is all assumptions on my part, i have no idea what kind of manpower SG have to throw at any issues that might pop up.

But still my faith is strong, and the times ahead is exiting in regard to SG products.

Last edited:
Presently, have we reached the stage where the rear video footage of the forth coming Street Guardian twin channel system can match the video quality of single channel system like the existing SG9665GC?
Or, does twin channel still fall a bit short of two separate single channel systems for video quality?

Presently, have we reached the stage where the rear video footage of the forth coming Street Guardian twin channel system can match the video quality of single channel system like the existing SG9665GC?

All early indications point to yes + more :)

Or, does twin channel still fall a bit short of two separate single channel systems for video quality?

our rear channel is higher spec than current SG9665GC spec

Indeed the rear camera on both new dual channel cameras is based on the IMX 322 sensor thats in the SG9665GC, and even better its made with a even better lens, and the new hardware might even be able to pull out a little more performance of the Sony sensor.

Things are looking good indeed :cool:

Indeed the rear camera on both new dual channel cameras is based on the IMX 322 sensor thats in the SG9665GC, and even better its made with a even better lens, and the new hardware might even be able to pull out a little more performance of the Sony sensor.

yep, IMX322, improved lens, higher spec processor, will require some fine tuning no doubt but the hardware is there for what we need to do

any update on the release date yet? 2016 is almost over.

any update on the release date yet? 2016 is almost over.

will be 2017

no firm date yet, we were scheduled to do a production in January before the CNY holidays but we're still waiting on some accessories that haven't arrived yet so it won't be until after the holidays now

Chinese New Years throws a wrench into the works for at least one project each year. It sure is a long holiday that's for sure.

Reactions: 126
Well think of it this way, when we lie on our backs on the beach in summer, the Chinese guys are hunched over a machine cranking out dashcams.

So you're thinking announcement within the next 6 weeks or so and initial deliveries hopefully some time in March. I can live with that. Quality over rushing timelines!

Back