Shadow GT680W

Re Freezing issue and GPS not locking on issue,
Foxoffer contacted me and told me to install firmware V2.2G (which is apparently more up to date than V2.5G ummm!), format the memory card in the GT680W to sort problem.
Did as asked, unit recorded 6m 23s and froze, gps did not lock on, this is rapidly seeming like a big waste of money, at the moment I would definitely not recommend this unit to anyone, wait for Jokiins unit to become available - I believe quality control will be much better.

So The camera itself its very good but not the GPS?

Re Freezing issue and GPS not locking on issue,
Foxoffer contacted me and told me to install firmware V2.2G (which is apparently more up to date than V2.5G ummm!), format the memory card in the GT680W to sort problem.
Did as asked, unit recorded 6m 23s and froze, gps did not lock on, this is rapidly seeming like a big waste of money, at the moment I would definitely not recommend this unit to anyone, wait for Jokiins unit to become available - I believe quality control will be much better.
If the camera keep froze, I suggest you ship it back.
Foxffer sold many kinds of car camera, like shadow, dod, samoon, vicovation,etc.., customer always report different issue like freezing, charger damaged, battery fault.
As a seller, foxoffer will try the best to solve the problem, but it is hard to let customer 100% happy.

Beside the GPS issue, anymore people got the froze problem? I didn't heard others report same issues.

So The camera itself its very good but not the GPS?
when it works, picture quality is very good, however it only seems to work for a few minutes then freezes, you then have to wait for the battery to die as it will not switch off, then start over again. I will wait and see if I can get hold of this v2.7G firmware and try that.

After few weeks of testing I can say it is brilliant dash cam, tiny size, easy to operate, nice day and night video, no glitches apart from gps locking ages and when locked it can stay only for few minutes, then dissapears, then again searching-locking and so on. Foxoffer commented earlier that it might be a gps antenna issue, but jokiin mentioned that gps is good qualiry, so I think maybe need firmware tune-up to work better with gos antenna. Other than that I am happy with the product. Well worth of money. Now just the matter of time to wait new firmware to fix gps bug.

After few weeks of testing I can say it is brilliant dash cam, tiny size, easy to operate, nice day and night video, no glitches apart from gps locking ages and when locked it can stay only for few minutes, then dissapears, then again searching-locking and so on. Foxoffer commented earlier that it might be a gps antenna issue, but jokiin mentioned that gps is good qualiry, so I think maybe need firmware tune-up to work better with gos antenna. Other than that I am happy with the product. Well worth of money. Now just the matter of time to wait new firmware to fix gps bug.
Glad you have a good one, maybe I just have a 'dud'. I have formatted the card 8 times this morning, it has now recorded for 16mins 44 secs and has not froze, I will leave it and see how long I get, hopefully the problem has resolved itself, I hope so because I do like the quality of the video. The gps issue I am sure will be sorted in time. I still believe, however, that the camera was released too early for sale, without adequate testing. If Seezues felt they needed to get the camera on the market quickly, I think it should have been released firstly without the gps option, but available as an accessory at a later date when it was functioning correctly. This way it would have been up to the purchaser to buy this product without the module or purchase another to meet their needs. I personally purchased this as opposed to the dod because of the gps option, so feel very let down that not only does my unit seem to have issues but even if it did not, it still would not perform all the tasks it is advertised to do.

Ditto.. I'm waiting for Foxoffer to send me another new GPS module that they said the manufacturer is working on to improve... As I know, the new firmware is not working with my first GPS module and its been forever trying to lock onto the GPS signals without success...

About the firmware version number, the version number is different for different market.
For china market, the version is v2.7, for overseas market, the latest FW version is v2.2.

About the firmware version number, the version number is different for different market.
For china market, the version is v2.7, for overseas market, the latest FW version is v2.2.

So, if I have v2.5, you recommend me to revert to v2.2, right ?

Manufacturer plans to use GPS module with longest cable up to 2 meters.

seems excessive, would just end up with a bunch of cable coiled up in most installations I'd expect

I see two drawbacks with longer gps antenna cables:

1. May cause interference ( depends on how good / bad quality cable shield )

2. as jokiin said, too much extra cable need to be hidden, usually under ceiling liner.

I think max gps cable lenght can be 1m. Best is 35-50cm. Most people positioning gps antenna right beside dash camera ( near rearview mirror bracket ), or in the top windshield corner of A-pillar. So max 1m lenfgt would be most practical.

the ones I've seen where they have a particularly long cable is generally because they're trying to overcome interference issues and want to get the GPS as far from the camera as possible

the ones I've seen where they have a particularly long cable is generally because they're trying to overcome interference issues and want to get the GPS as far from the camera as possible

You have a point, if dashcam is poorly shielded or no shield at all ( most cheaper models ).

Ditto.. I'm waiting for Foxoffer to send me another new GPS module that they said the manufacturer is working on to improve... As I know, the new firmware is not working with my first GPS module and its been forever trying to lock onto the GPS signals without success...

Mine locks on OK, it just keeps positioning me in the middle of the north sea! and the longitude reads W instead of E on the video.

Mine locks on OK, it just keeps positioning me in the middle of the north sea! and the longitude reads W instead of E on the video.
shadow will release a new version gps player tool in 2 to 3 days, this problem maybe will be fixed .

So, if I have v2.5, you recommend me to revert to v2.2, right ?
Yes, I recommend use the V2.2 version, shadow didn't provide the firmware for China market to us.
They are afraid we sold GT680W to china market, it sold at higher price on Taobao.

Yes, I recommend use the V2.2 version, shadow didn't provide the firmware for China market to us.
They are afraid we sold GT680W to china market, it sold at higher price on Taobao.

Thank you. Will wait for new update.

Back