Let me know how you approach your search; maybe I will be able to follow and find the two that are missing in my car :(

Usually the LED on the phone is enough. This one I believe has fallen into a crevice between the seat and the plastic trim surrounding it.

Manual dexterity is my issue as they sometimes just go airborne :(
And going airborne triggers the built in, undocumented, laser guidance system that directs the card to the smallest crevice into which it will fit. :banghead:

Last edited:
i've been adding a bit of scotch tape to my microSD cards. yeah, it sticks out and is a little ugly, but it's a VERY convenient handle for removing stubborn cards (for some reason they wouldn't come out of my wife's cam without needle-nose pliers after disengaging the "click" retainer). this also helps keep them from flying off towards lunar orbit with some other devices that apparently have retention/ejection springs designed in Kerbal Space Program instead of a regular CAD program.

no matter what price we're at there's always those that expect that it should be cheaper, will depend on which size and model memory card (memory prices are a bit out of hand right now) it is supplied with but USD pricing will probably range from about $299 through to about $369, depending where memory prices are at (they were expected to be on the way back down already but that still hasn't happened) at the time

in Australia our $499 RRP is anything from $100 to more than $300 cheaper than similar spec models

So roughly what are we looking at in the UK (GBP)?

So roughly what are we looking at in the UK (GBP)?
After official release I will have more info on the price.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Me too I'm from the UK please can you let me know the costs too. Thanks x

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Use one of the missus nylons as a filter and see if you can vacuum it up

To get into the crevices, place the filter on the hose then attach the crevice tool. Before you turn the vacuum off, hold the tool upright so nothing falls back out. Another get-into-tight-spaces trick is to put a wad of tape in a stick, then poke around with it. If you've got a dead card, use it to re-enact the event watching to see where it flies off to. So far Ive been lucky- only 3 flying cards and the hardest to find only took a few minutes. It's another reason to always keep a spare card on hand ;)

Phil

Me too I'm from the UK please can you let me know the costs too. Thanks x

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Still waiting for official release and price.
You can subscribe to my hiniko.com vendors thread for notifications about stock and price once all info is confirmed.
DC will be available to buy from Amazon.co.uk ( and other EU Amazon marketplaces ), also from my online store as well.

Relax kids............ It will be released when suitably tested as standard and option requests/whingers are secondary

Will a set of extra mounts and cable be available? I can picture some would want to use the same pair of dashcams in a summer car or truck and them move to the winter use machine. Being able to easily move the cam from one to the other might be a good selling point.

Will a set of extra mounts and cable be available? I can picture some would want to use the same pair of dashcams in a summer car or truck and them move to the winter use machine. Being able to easily move the cam from one to the other might be a good selling point.

Most accessories will be available to buy separately at some stage after DC release.

To get into the crevices, place the filter on the hose then attach the crevice tool. Before you turn the vacuum off, hold the tool upright so nothing falls back out. Another get-into-tight-spaces trick is to put a wad of tape in a stick, then poke around with it. If you've got a dead card, use it to re-enact the event watching to see where it flies off to. So far Ive been lucky- only 3 flying cards and the hardest to find only took a few minutes. It's another reason to always keep a spare card on hand ;)

Phil
Great advice Phil, but you forgot hanging flypaper for guys like me and @DT MI :D

Back