MicroSD options, including MLC cards

Interesting that despite of all dicusions that Sandisk Ultra should be avoided in dashcams.... official Blackvue distributor in France is selling them as recommended (and pre-formatted) in 128GB capacity (and even not offering original 128GB cards)
http://www.edr-auto.fr/shop/en/30-cartes-memoire-et-lecteurs-de-carte

It was a real challenge to find a good 128GB card here in Europe. I have bought BV DR650S in a basic bundle (16 gb) and have read about all the compatibility issues after...

Unfortunately, High Endurance cards are max 64GB in capacity, and not really clear, which 128GB card will work best (while original 128GB BV cards are either not available or TOO expensive as a separate purchase)...
Finally I have decided to order Samsung Pro + 128GB, will see how it goes...

Last edited:
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I just got a A119S camera, and purchased a Lexar High 64g high endurance card. However now I'm reading the Lexar 633x might have been the better choice? I understand Transcend is the #1 pick, but in Canada its almost double the price for the same size vs Lexar. So will their be a big difference between the Lexar high endurance vs the 633x model?

No both should be just fine and have way more write speed than that dashcam will ever push out.

Any opinion on these? It seems to check all the right boxes.

Silicone Power memory has had many reports of issues. I would avoid it and opt for Transcend, Kingston or Samsung. (there are a few others to consider as well)

Silicone Power memory has had many reports of issues. I would avoid it and opt for Transcend, Kingston or Samsung. (there are a few others to consider as well)

I was doing some research on Silicon Power's High Endurance as I've heard some good reports coming out of Russia. Would you have links I could read.

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I just got a A119S camera, and purchased a Lexar High 64g high endurance card. However now I'm reading the Lexar 633x might have been the better choice? I understand Transcend is the #1 pick, but in Canada its almost double the price for the same size vs Lexar. So will their be a big difference between the Lexar high endurance vs the 633x model?

I would not get the 633X, the quality has dropped.

I think Sandisk's High Endurance card has been shaping up to be a reliable card. I've been reading almost all good reports. There were some incompatibility issues here and there but nothing major. It also has the availability worldwide as Transcend can be hard to get.

I purchased the 64GB Sandisk HE off Amazon.ca and it's worked well so far. Living in Canada that would be my go to.

I was doing some research on Silicon Power's High Endurance as I've heard some good reports coming out of Russia. Would you have links I could read.

It's more just anecdotal I guess. Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have any links. At one time I was attracted to the Silicone Power products because of their lower pricing and performance claims but I saw various reports about premature failures so I decided to stay away. Some were on Amazon. As I recall there were also a couple of similar reports here on DCT but I don't remember where exactly. I'll see if I can find some references.

Maybe the Silicon Power High Endurance cards are better?

I always take online reviews with a large grain of salt but the 257 critical reviews for the 64GB class 10 Silicon Power card on Amazon seem to be representative of why I chose not to purchase. Slow speeds, errors, failures, etc. (There were many positive reviews as well.:))

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Powe...p_d_viewpnt_rgt?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=critical

I always take online reviews with a large grain of salt but the 257 critical reviews for the 64GB class 10 Silicon Power card on Amazon seem to be representative of why I chose not to purchase. Slow speeds, errors, failures, etc. (There were many positive reviews as well.:))

I think it's similar to Sandisk High Endurance vs Sandisk Ultra. The Ultra is terrible but their High Endurance card has amazing ratings. There's not many reviews in North America for Silicon Power's High Endurance model but there's a chance it could be excellent. I don't think it's compelling reason to purchase right now, it's just something one could keep an eye on.

I've had a few corrupt files on my Lexar 633x. I wouldn't recommend.

Currently we're using a Lexar High Endurance 64GB in one camera and a SanDisk High Endurance in the other.

The Transcend High Endurance is missing (suspect it flew out of the A119 unnoticed and went out the car window - yes, the spring does send those little cards flying!).

Currently we're using a Lexar High Endurance 64GB

Me too but be aware that Lexar have now abandoned this market

I find the A119S V2 is subtle when releasing the memory card, not sure if Viofo changed things @jokiin

Me too but be aware that Lexar have now abandoned this market
@jokiin

Indeed, with Lexar gone and Transcend really difficult to get hold of, really only SanDisk is the only easy to get High Endurance card here in the UK.

You can obtain Transcend High Endurance cards on Amazon UK.

Sometimes. They go out of stock super-quickly (usually instantly). :)

I got mine from Amazon back in October 2016, and I've never seen it in stock since.

Back