128GB thinkware sd card

Last edited:
Hello. I want to buy F800 PRO and sd memory card 128gb fo it, but 170$ is too much to pay for the original memory card. I've looked up info in the internet, but have found only the advice to use UHS-1 cards. Could you recommend me please a 100% working suitable type and brand of sd memory card 128gb for F800 PRO? Thanks.

Hello. I want to buy F800 PRO and sd memory card 128gb fo it, but 170$ is too much to pay for the original memory card. I've looked up info in the internet, but have found only the advice to use UHS-1 cards. Could you recommend me please a 100% working suitable type and brand of sd memory card 128gb for F800 PRO? Thanks.

These work for my F800 Pro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XWZWYVP
Do note though, the price just went back up to $44.00 (it was $40 last week).

The BestBuy versions also work. Price is too high though. I bought mine on sale for $34.49:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...dxc-uhs-i-memory-card/5785406.p?skuId=5785406

None of these SD Cards work on the Thinkware F770. They only work for me on the F800 Pro.

Get the combo that BlackBoxMyCar sells with the 128GB Samsung. This is what I have and have no issues with it.

Hi Everyone. I recently installed my F800 Pro dual Channel and i found you guys because i was having issues with my 128GB SD Card. With the Thinkware 32GB card, the camera operates just fine, speaking to me and all is well. When I inserted the 128GB Card, the camera stopped speaking to me, but continued to record videos. I was also unable to connect to the camera via hotspot (camera would not connect to my hotspot) or wifi. Then i found this site and did some research. Turns out that I needed to format the card as a FAT32 with a special tool to do this in Windows. Once i did this, and reinserted the card, the camera said that it needed to format the card (not something that it ever said while in exFAT format) and afterwards, all was well. The card is a patriot LX series PSF128GMCSDXC10. So now it works just fine.

Just bought a SanDisk Ultra A1 128Gb, it works for my F800pro very well.

Grabbed a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gig for my F800 Pro.. popped it in, formatted it in camera and it's working fine so far. Will leave the Thinkware 32gig in car incase it stops working

Grabbed a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gig for my F800 Pro.. popped it in, formatted it in camera and it's working fine so far. Will leave the Thinkware 32gig in car incase it stops working

I have 128Gb in the F800 and also a second one the cab, we do a couple of very lengthy journeys and I replace one with the other so there's little danger of an overwrite, also keep the 32Gb to hand for what they cost now.

J.

i may sound stupid but i sincerely don't understand why you would need a 128GB card. the dashcam records any incident when you are driving and if nothing has happened in the last 1 hour then you really don't need that footage. why would you care if its overwritten or saved ?

ps: getting a Thinkware F800 PRO tomorrow so searching for a compatible SD card

i may sound stupid but i sincerely don't understand why you would need a 128GB card. the dashcam records any incident when you are driving and if nothing has happened in the last 1 hour then you really don't need that footage. why would you care if its overwritten or saved ?

ps: getting a Thinkware F800 PRO tomorrow so searching for a compatible SD card

OK I use a 128gb card to record full journeys that may include situations (Not incidents as such), INSTANCE.. I drove up the M1 in the UK through the night, having cleared a stretch of 50mph restriction roadworks, within 1/2 a mile there were men and machinery in two lanes clearing barriers, the area was unlit apart from the lights on the machinery and I needed to swerve to avoid a collision, as it happens it did not turn into an incident, but my thoughts afterwards had me thinking had they lifted the original restriction to early, was I exposed to a safety camera still live.

My only consolation was a recording of my journey was in my posession, having spent a fair sum on a decent dash cam, I'm not skimping on a card, in fact I have two covering a lengthy 680 mile journey............ just in case.

J.

thanks Maxspeed, seems for me 32GB spare card would be sufficient, what do you think about https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01BDKTQY6 and my second choice was https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00V5Q1N1I
would love to hear your opinion.

You do get a 'Thinkware' 32gb with the F800, if you trace back on this and other threads you will note the experience of several F800 owners and the trouble some have encountered, I opted for a Sandisk and have been problem free.
A good choice you've made for the F800 and a great dash cam.

J.

as I am thinking also on buying a F800 Pro 2CH to complement a BlackVue DR750S 2CH, i am also looking for compatible memory cards.

to sum up some ideas and clear some confusions:

1) Samsung Evo plus is NOT the same as Evo+. Evo plus is less likely to give problems with dash cams
2) Samsung Evo Select appears to be the same as Evo Plus and an edition specific to Amazon
3) There is a misconception of microSD cards that work with dash cams VS microSD cards that can endure the use on dash cams for more than a few months. Many known brands and models work but then they fail quickly...
4) There is a reason manufactures void their warranties with the use in dash cams. Warranty is of no great use in this area, since these are mostly disposable assets, but it shows that they are prone to fail quickly and manufacturers know that
5) One should always buy the bigger size microSD cards, as long it makes sense economically ($ per GB. 256 GB for instance, and i would say even 128 GB, are still expensive and overkill) AND supported by a dash cam, because bigger size will mean more time before any specific area of the SD card is re-written. Every write operation is a destructive process with NAND tech and each time a sector is overwritten it makes one cycle. Each card has a limit to the number of cycles it can handle before expiring
6) Apart from Transcend High Endurance based on MLC, that is expensive, all other better alternatives seem based on TLC.
7) However, manufactures have been noticing the increased used of dash cams and are providing more specific products for this purpose. The are typically naming them Endurance and even if they are made with TLC memory they are still very reliable. Some good alternatives specifically to dash cam and video surveillance system that are based on TLC but have warranty and can endure for about 3 years of continuous use (theoretically, since I don't know of someone that has used them for so long and they are not on the market for that long) :
Samsung Pro Endurance - 64 GB
SanDisk High Endurance - 64 GB
8) There is no use in buying fast and expensive microSD cards with speed class U3 or even U1 because most dash cams still don't support the underlying bus UHS-1. A standard class 10 is sufficient to write and read at Full HD and the examples above can write and read 2 and 3x more quickly.
9) Each dash cam works better (or ONLY) with a specific format, usually either FAT32 or exFAT.

2)- These are the same cards; Amazon wanted it's own brand name and probably buys in bulk to get discounted prices- theirs is almost always cheaper.
5)- I'm not sure the limits are "set"; probably more like that is as far as they guarantee them to function correctly. I have some Transcend 400X cards that have definitely seen 800X and maybe more, still working perfectly.
8)- Definitely. I advise people to listen to what their cam users experience, even if technically it isn't supposed to work. Experience wins the day no matter what any theory says should happen.
9)- More than this, some cams seem to work well only with certain settings such as shorter recording file times. Again the experience of others will be your best guide.

As long as your cam and card are giving you what you want, there is not much to be gained by spending more money. When you get past 1080P and Class 10 cards, the costs go up faster than the gains. If you want to spend the money you can, but you don't really need to. Some of the higher bitrate firmwares do benefit from U1, but those are very few. Read the forums here to find what works for others then follow them into success.

Phil

I bought a SanDisk High Endurance 64gb card but unable to make it work for my F800 pro. I tried the following :
1.format it to FAT32 and insert, “memory card error”
2. Mirror my working Strontium card. Plays videos using thinkware desktop application on Windows. Same error when insert to camera.
3. Format the card using thinkware desktop application. Same error.

Gave up on this card. Am looking for a spare card but do not want to keep wasting money trying cards.

I bought a SanDisk High Endurance 64gb card but unable to make it work for my F800 pro. I tried the following :
2. Mirror my working Strontium card. Plays videos using thinkware desktop application on Windows. Same error when insert to camera.

Gave up on this card. Am looking for a spare card but do not want to keep wasting money trying cards.

Safest is getting a microSD card from Thinkware instead (Thinkware cards are OEM by Lexar FYI). F800 Pro is very picky on the microSD cards. Even with 64GB Samsung Evo Plus, I get restarts on the F800 Pro.

CarCamCentral said Transcend 400X can be used with Thinkware dashcam. High endurance cards don't.

Last edited:

I find I'm repeating myself on this thread for over a year now with reference to an acceptable micro SD card.
I have well documented the cards I have and still use virtually on a daily basis, I alternate the two cards just to maintain historic information of my last journeys, WHY ?, we come across many incidents, speed restrictions, poor signage at roadworks and the like, so if any issues, incidents cropped up on those journey's I have a record of it, if I only had one card there's a danger it could be over-ridden with the passage of time.
I'm curious as to why people 'Format' other than in the machine itself it just doesn't make sense.

You will find my input into this thread in earlier posts.

Cheers J.

Back