128GB thinkware sd card

Just a quick update. I received the Samsung Evo Select 128GB card and plopped it in my F800 - non Pro and the F800 formatted, read it, and is operating fine with it in there.

I guess the F800 (non Pro) will in fact take a 128GB card.

I'll report back after the card has a chance to completely loop or if I experience any issues.

Thanks for the update! I was waiting for your recommendation before I purchased.

His recommendation is poo poo .

Is Samsung Evo Select , MLC Nand ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update! I was waiting for your recommendation before I purchased.

Ignore Gazwould's remarks.. I don't think he/she has the F800 and for some reason is hell bent on destroying this thread. He/she already recommended 2 cards that flat out don't work in the F800.......

But:

Yes it's looped twice now and the Samsung Evo Select 128GB card is working great in the F800!

Ignore Gazwould's remarks.. I don't think he/she has the F800 and for some reason is hell bent on destroying this thread. He/she already recommended 2 cards that flat out don't work in the F800.......

But:

Yes it's looped twice now and the Samsung Evo Select 128GB card is working great in the F800!

It's on order from Amazon (Samsung Evo Select 128GB). Will let everyone know how well it works. $44.98 Amazon. If it doesn't work I have plenty of other devices I can use it in. For that price it's worth the try. See how long it last's, if it does work. Dual channel F800 (non pro) here. Free shipping. Should be here Jan 31st.

Last edited:
It's on order from Amazon (Samsung Evo Select 128GB). Will let everyone know how well it works. $44.98 Amazon. If it doesn't work I have plenty of other devices I can use it in. For that price it's worth the try. See how long it last's, if it does work. Dual channel F800 (non pro) here. Free shipping. Should be here Jan 31st.

Yeah when I ordered Amazon had them on sale for $39.99..

It's working fine in my F800 non pro so I assume you'll be fine. The way I look at it is IF it dies after 1 or 2 years then I will chalk that up to having gotten more than my $$ worth out if..

Keep us posted the more with the card and reporting on it the merrier! :)

What 2 cards ?

And stop recommending warranty void TLC Nand cards .

I'll answer your question then to the block list with you. You do not have an F800 and the 2 cards you told people to get, that do not work in the F800 are

1. Lexar
2. Transcend

Please just stop derailing this thread. Those of us who actually have the camera would like to be able to discuss it. Most are going to be aware the Samsung Evo card warranties are void if used in a dash cam. Not a single person here has asked about the warranty yet you keep beating the same drum over and over again.

So maybe this will make you stop:
  1. The Samsung Evo Plus 64GB card works fine in the F800 (non pro)
  2. The Samsung Evo Select 128GB card works fine in the F800 (non pro)
  3. Samsung voids the warranty if the card is used in a dash cam
  4. TLC cards (and Samsung's own version of TLC) may not last as long as MLC cards.
Not a single person in this thread has asked about TLC or MLC. Not a single person in this thread has asked about warranty.. Enough already please.

Why don't they work in F800 but work in other dash cam ?

Does non void warranty SanDisk High Endurance work ?

Numerous reports of the new Lexar cards not working in much of anything. Numerous reports of the Transcend cards not working in the Thinkware's.

Scroll down to updated ---> https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

Screen grab from the website:

Capture.png

Just installed the Samsung Evo select 128 gb. Formatted both the 16gb Thinkware in camera (F800 non pro) and 128gb. Windows reports this for each card. I guess the camera reserves most of the data on the card, even though it's empty of footage?Thinkware 16gb.JPGsamsung evo select 128gb.JPG

Mine is full and looping but I'll check it later. I believe it partitions the card based on your settings for parking mode ect and what you set to priority.

I’m bought the dash cam F800PRO with micro SDHC 32Gb Thinkware. This card is perfectly records and plays video.
Since my dash cam supports 128Gb Micro SDXC, I purchased a card in the SunDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC 128Gb (part number SDSDQX-128G-U46A). On this card, the video in continuous filming mode is recorded, but not played on my dash cam. The exception is made in manual records: they are recorded and reproduced.
What Micro SDXC 128Gb do you recommend for me?
What can you say about the memory card Samsung 128GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC (part number MB-MP128DA/EU)???

From experience i would only use a genuine Thinkware memory card in there. Thinkware cards have SPOR (Sudden Power Off Recovery) and i think this may be the reason the cameras are temperamental with other makes of memory card.

I am looking for a 128GB micro SD card for my F800 Pro. Is there any 128GB Thinkware micro SD card available yet? What are the other cards that work with F800 Pro? I have gone though all comments on this thread and below is the summary that I have found:

Sandisk Extreme Pro (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B005LFT3MA, correct link?) seems to be working with F800 Pro for most of the users (I took Sandisk Extreme Pro and Sandisk Extreme interchangeably).

Sandisk Extreme Pro works for:
Maxspeed reported Sandisk Extreme 128gb V30 works on both F770 (which is not even rated for 128GB) and F800 Pro. He has been using 2 of this card for almost one year without issues.
iaann reported Sandisk Extrem Pro 128GB works with F800 Pro.
Bnguyen reported Sandisk Extrem Pro 128GB works with F800 Pro.
jcpg reported Sandisk extreme 128 GB working fine on F800 Non Pro
delair reported SanDisk Extreme 128 GB works fine for F800 Pro.

Sandisk Extreme Pro didn’t work for:
Benchy69 reported Sandisk extreme 128 GB causing issues on F800 Pro. Seems to be recording with blank image.
glushal reported SunDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC 128Gb (part number SDSDQX-128G-U46A) did not work for F800 Pro. However, I did a quick google search for the part number and looks like it might be a counterfeit card.(http://www.happybison.com/reviews/how-to-check-and-spot-fake-micro-sd-card-8/)

Samsung Evo Select 128GB (https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01DOB6YW4) seems to be working for 2 users. Apparently Samsung does not give warranty on this card for use in dashcam.

Samsung Evo Select 128GB works for:
Samsung Evo Select 128GB works on F800 Non Pro (raqball)
Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card works on F800 Pro (Seth Munroe)

Samsung Evo Select 128GB didn’t work for:
Samsung Evo select 128 gb was causing issues with formatting for mark bowyer

Other cards that work with F800:
Samsung Evo works for F800 (Samsung Evo MB-MP128DA/EU or Samsung Evo MB-MP64DA/EU) (samuelh_888, recommended by 2 authorized Thinkware sellers)
Netac Pro P500 128GB works with F800 Pro (Jeremy Wong)
SanDisk High Endurance Class 10 64GB microSDs works for F800 Pro (gabriweb)
64GB Samsung EVO plus works with F800 (raqball. Blackboxmycar also recommends)

Other cards that don’t work with F800 Pro:
Lexar 633X 128GB does not work with F800 Pro. (Bnguyen)
128GB Samsung EVO Plus microSD doesn’t work with F800 Pro (gabriweb)

Your responses are much appreciated and will help me and others to decide on which 128GB card to buy for F800 Pro. Thanks all!

The memory card SunDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC 128Gb (part number SDSDQX-128G-U46A) was a fake, making a test in the program h2testw, received 16GB, received a refund.
Now I ordered an amazon for $48 the Samsung 128GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48MB/s (MB-MP128DA/EU). How to receive, test and unsubscribe. While I use the regular Thinkware for 32GB.

Thinkware do sell a 128gb card nowadays.....

Thinkware do sell a 128gb card nowadays.....
How much do they sell for? Any product link for North America? I am not being able to find it on the Thinkware website.

Back