Thinkware F800PRO
Last edited:

whbh

Country
United States

iJoint

Country
Belarus
Hello. I want to buy F800 PRO and sd memory card 128gb fo it, but 170$ is too much to pay for the original memory card. I've looked up info in the internet, but have found only the advice to use UHS-1 cards. Could you recommend me please a 100% working suitable type and brand of sd memory card 128gb for F800 PRO? Thanks.

Country
United States
Hello. I want to buy F800 PRO and sd memory card 128gb fo it, but 170$ is too much to pay for the original memory card. I've looked up info in the internet, but have found only the advice to use UHS-1 cards. Could you recommend me please a 100% working suitable type and brand of sd memory card 128gb for F800 PRO? Thanks.
These work for my F800 Pro:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XWZWYVP
Do note though, the price just went back up to $44.00 (it was $40 last week).

The BestBuy versions also work. Price is too high though. I bought mine on sale for $34.49:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...dxc-uhs-i-memory-card/5785406.p?skuId=5785406

None of these SD Cards work on the Thinkware F770. They only work for me on the F800 Pro.

ainokea

Country
United States
Get the combo that BlackBoxMyCar sells with the 128GB Samsung. This is what I have and have no issues with it.

Country
United States
Hi Everyone. I recently installed my F800 Pro dual Channel and i found you guys because i was having issues with my 128GB SD Card. With the Thinkware 32GB card, the camera operates just fine, speaking to me and all is well. When I inserted the 128GB Card, the camera stopped speaking to me, but continued to record videos. I was also unable to connect to the camera via hotspot (camera would not connect to my hotspot) or wifi. Then i found this site and did some research. Turns out that I needed to format the card as a FAT32 with a special tool to do this in Windows. Once i did this, and reinserted the card, the camera said that it needed to format the card (not something that it ever said while in exFAT format) and afterwards, all was well. The card is a patriot LX series PSF128GMCSDXC10. So now it works just fine.

scmacd88

Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro, DOD LS460W
Grabbed a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gig for my F800 Pro.. popped it in, formatted it in camera and it's working fine so far. Will leave the Thinkware 32gig in car incase it stops working

Country
United Kingdom
Grabbed a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gig for my F800 Pro.. popped it in, formatted it in camera and it's working fine so far. Will leave the Thinkware 32gig in car incase it stops working
I have 128Gb in the F800 and also a second one the cab, we do a couple of very lengthy journeys and I replace one with the other so there's little danger of an overwrite, also keep the 32Gb to hand for what they cost now.

J.

deepanshus

Country
United Kingdom
i may sound stupid but i sincerely don't understand why you would need a 128GB card. the dashcam records any incident when you are driving and if nothing has happened in the last 1 hour then you really don't need that footage. why would you care if its overwritten or saved ?

ps: getting a Thinkware F800 PRO tomorrow so searching for a compatible SD card

Country
United Kingdom
i may sound stupid but i sincerely don't understand why you would need a 128GB card. the dashcam records any incident when you are driving and if nothing has happened in the last 1 hour then you really don't need that footage. why would you care if its overwritten or saved ?

ps: getting a Thinkware F800 PRO tomorrow so searching for a compatible SD card
OK I use a 128gb card to record full journeys that may include situations (Not incidents as such), INSTANCE.. I drove up the M1 in the UK through the night, having cleared a stretch of 50mph restriction roadworks, within 1/2 a mile there were men and machinery in two lanes clearing barriers, the area was unlit apart from the lights on the machinery and I needed to swerve to avoid a collision, as it happens it did not turn into an incident, but my thoughts afterwards had me thinking had they lifted the original restriction to early, was I exposed to a safety camera still live.

My only consolation was a recording of my journey was in my posession, having spent a fair sum on a decent dash cam, I'm not skimping on a card, in fact I have two covering a lengthy 680 mile journey............ just in case.

J.

Country
United Kingdom
thanks Maxspeed, seems for me 32GB spare card would be sufficient, what do you think about https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01BDKTQY6 and my second choice was https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00V5Q1N1I
would love to hear your opinion.
You do get a 'Thinkware' 32gb with the F800, if you trace back on this and other threads you will note the experience of several F800 owners and the trouble some have encountered, I opted for a Sandisk and have been problem free.
A good choice you've made for the F800 and a great dash cam.

J.