Buffered Parking mode

From the image sensors perspective a change in lighting is movement, clouds, shadows etc will trigger it

Oh ok, even at night in complete darkness?
I thought having it on low sensitivity would reduce sensing those types of movements...

I thought having it on low sensitivity would reduce sensing those types of movements...
You're right that Low should reduce the incidence rate. Changes in sensor 'noise' can also be perceived as movement. Try 'High' for a night or two to see if there's any difference.

You're right that Low should reduce the incidence rate. Changes in sensor 'noise' can also be perceived as movement. Try 'High' for a night or two to see if there's any difference.

Ok thanks TonyM, I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes for a few days. If that doesn't work I'll give the hard reset a go

I've been using the Parking Mode in version 1.8 for about 2 weeks now with Auto Event Detection. I have both the Parking G-Sensor and Parking Motion Detection set to low. I have my car parked outside at the back of my house, in front of the garage where there is barely any movement happening. But I have lots of 45 second videos recorded throughout the night every 2-3 minutes. Even in the mornings when there is daylight between 7am and 10am when nobody is at the back I literally have videos every 2-3 minutes. When I look at the videos I can't see any movement happening either from the front or the rear camera. I thought having the settings on low would produce very few events. Is this normal for a low setting? I see some have their settings on high sensitivity...I'm fearful that if I change my settings to high, I'll end up having even more events recorded. I haven't done a hard reset after updating to version 1.8, would this fix the sensitivity issue? Any suggestions or ideas will be much appreciated
Other than this issue the dash cam is working perfectly
Currently testing new buffered Parking configuration with very good results that eliminate all unwanted visual motion clips which is very useful for multi-hour extended parking protection. Drivers prefering maximum video protection can use Auto Event Detection with G-sensor sensitivity HIGH and Motion Low/Medium -or- use Low Bitrate Recording to capture continuous video filling memory cards causing tedious footage reviewing, which is acceptable in high crime areas. I prefer fewer buffered parking clips especially for over night protection.

Check this thread in a week or so for buffered firmware announcements.
FYI - Amazon Prime Day is here, most Dashcams are discounted.

if your car has a flashing LED in the dash when you park try covering it up and see if the results change, they can easily trigger a motion event when in complete darkness

Btw, how did resetting the camera with the pin hole work for you? Are you getting better performance?

GOOD NEWS!
I tried resetting the A129 using StrayCam's pinhole suggestion, Viofo firmware v1.8, and his settings, and today the buffered parking mode worked flawlessly! Every buffered parking mode clip was exactly 45 seconds and I didn't see any false positives. Now, if my A129 was a little sharper focused I'd be a happy camper. :)

RavenManiac-

I'm glad you're having good luck with yours! Mine has been intermittent. Btw, I want to give credit to GoofeyGuy, as he was the one who came up with the idea of reseetting the camera via the little hole...see his post on this page: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/buffered-parking-mode.38637/page-15

I've been getting a mixture of 45 seconds clips sometimes in park mode, and at other times I get 3 min clips. Not sure why....?

I guess BCHobbyist has some inisight on a forthcoming firmware upgrade... see his post about 3 above this one. Hopefully the future update fixes some of our issues...

I would be glad to see the low bitrate option in buffered parking mode. I think the low bitrate image quality is sufficient for parking mode, and the clips will be much smaller.
Maybe the next version of the firmware?

Currently testing new buffered Parking configuration with very good results that eliminate all unwanted visual motion clips which is very useful for multi-hour extended parking protection. Drivers prefering maximum video protection can use Auto Event Detection with G-sensor sensitivity HIGH and Motion Low/Medium -or- use Low Bitrate Recording to capture continuous video filling memory cards causing tedious footage reviewing, which is acceptable in high crime areas. I prefer fewer buffered parking clips especially for over night protection.

Check this thread in a week or so for buffered firmware announcements.
FYI - Amazon Prime Day is here, most Dashcams are discounted.

Ok I'll try those settings and see how it goes, thanks BCHobbyist

if your car has a flashing LED in the dash when you park try covering it up and see if the results change, they can easily trigger a motion event when in complete darkness

Oh I never even thought of that! Yes I do have a blue flashing security light that's in the field of the dashcam's view. Thanks jokiin, I'll cover it up and hopefully that does the trick

V1.9 test after pressing hard reset button and soft reset to default. 1min loop. Power supplied from USB powerbank.

Camera recorded for 7 minutes at full 16Mbps when stationary, then switched to parking mode. The first 3 PF & PR files were 1 minute duration. The next pair (023PF,024PR) was 47 seconds, then a pair at 37 seconds, then the camera finally settled down to 45 second clips.
1563280042837.png

Is there a simple way to determine mb/s on a recorded file? I understand that "normal speed" is 16 mb/s and "parking mode" should be "4 mb/s". Do you have to take the mb listed in file size and divide by the time, ie, 180 seconds or 45 seconds to get the speed of recording or is it actually listed somewhere? - - Also, when recording in lowbit rate/parking mode, is that also using 4 mb/s?

I'm using Dashcam Viewer since RavenManiac suggested using it. Thanks for any help on this.

can see it in the file properties
can see it in the file properties

Good morning Jokiin!!! - I guess you're almost ready for lunch, huh? - Dinnertime here... : )

Thanks for your speedy reply!!! - - Thanks for the tip. For those that might not know 1,000 kbps = 1 mbps.... ( I see the bitrate in "details" of properties on my pc for each file.)

So, my regular files are showing at 16 mbps; but my parking mode files are recording at 9 mbps; aren't my parking mode files supposed to be 4 mbps??? Do I need to do something to change that?

Good morning Jokiin!!! - I guess you're almost ready for lunch, huh? - Dinnertime here... : )

Thanks for your speedy reply!!! - - Thanks for the tip. For those that might not know 1,000 kbps = 1 mbps.... ( I see the bitrate in "details" of properties on my pc for each file.)

So, my regular files are showing at 16 mbps; but my parking mode files are recording at 9 mbps; aren't my parking mode files supposed to be 4 mbps??? Do I need to do something to change that?
Low bitrate parking mode files are 4mbps.

Ddwwdwwwd..dadwaadaaaaaaw m
Low bitrate parking mode files are 4mbps.

Thanks CaptureYourAction!

The other weird quirk that's been mentioned by many people here is that If you turn on parking mode, the first 5 minutes is recorded like "regular video"... Shortly thereafter the A129 transitions to Parking Mode...ideally 45 second video clips. Perhaps that quirk gets corrected in the upcoming FW update.

Ok yesterday I set the Parking G-Sensor to "high" and Parking Motion Sensor to "low" as suggested by BCHobbyist, did a hard reset and covered up the flashing blue security led light on my dash. I can say I have now got fewer parking events overnight and early morning. But what I have now noticed while parked and am observing in the car, that it's raining quite heavily and the front cam motion sensor isn't picking up any movement of cars or pedestrians going past. The rear cam is picking up the odd movement...maybe because of the angle of the hatch window and there's less raindrops on the window? I changed the Parking Motion Sensor to medium now to see how that goes. Has anybody else noticed the parked motion sensor not picking up movements correctly as well? It makes sense due to the raindrops obscuring the view but perhaps time lapse or low bitrate might be better in parking mode, especially when it rains in case an event isn't recorded?

The other weird quirk that's been mentioned by many people here is that If you turn on parking mode, the first 5 minutes is recorded like "regular video".
If you don't have a HW kit, that's normal. The camera waits until there is 5 minutes without movement. How else would it know that you are parked, rather than just sitting at the lights for a minute?

Back