A129 Pro firmware

I'm sure they would be using their own cards for testing, likely there's some improvement needed in the SDK, it's still fairly new and it does take some time to get things sorted
Are any of your cameras using this chipset/SDK?

Agree, I believe it's most likely a firmware issue. Not sure why my Samsung EVO Plus card does not experience the issue while others EVO Plus cards do. If it was a hardware issue, I would think it would happen no matter what card was used.
The odd thing is that sometimes it takes up to 3 weeks without any trouble and then all the sudden it starts the beep beep, usually after re-formating the sd on camera

Glad to see fewer people are having less problems with their cameras lately... in the meantime mine is still suffering the beep beep sporadically in between recording segments.
It seems to happen not long after the SD card has been formatted in the camera and there is still plenty of space available.
Nah. Not less problem. The beeps are still there. In fact, it just became serious ie. it used to be okay but when it started to loop, thats when the beeps attack. Started with several times every one or two days but now it can beeps for few secs and continue to beeps after another 15mins or an hour and so on within the same drive.

I do believe it is due to the looping issue when memory card is full. Unable to delete old files on time to write the new one. Probably my sd card or what. Ihere’s an opportunity to suggest any changes, I would like to suggest maybe clear out more spaces (eg. 5-10gb) during the looping. But that’s gonna be an issue with lower capacity sd card.

Can’t really do anything until @viofo comes out with a new FW. He has been MIA since 25/11. Probably busy with R&D of new FW. waiting patiently since then.

ps: using samsung evo plus 128gb and 512gb.

I do believe it is due to the looping issue when memory card is full. Unable to delete old files on time to write the new one. Probably my sd card or what. Ihere’s an opportunity to suggest any changes, I would like to suggest maybe clear out more spaces (eg. 5-10gb) during the looping. But that’s gonna be an issue with lower capacity sd card.

I've had beep-beeps quite frequently while card wasn't even half-full...

I've had beep-beeps quite frequently while card wasn't even half-full...
Probably swapping other sd cards to try.

Meanwhile for my situation, I tried several times by formatting it. Always works fine until it’s full (start to loop). Anyway, kinda lazy to troubleshoot anymore. So whenever it beeps, i will let it beeps (longest like 10s?) usually will end and continue to record after 2-3s of continuous beeps.

For those who wonders how the beeps sounded like. Just pause the recording and that’s the exact beeping sound. And the left led is flashing as if i paused it.

Is there any correlation to the recording length chosen? I have mine at 5 minutes per file.

I'm running 1min loop, on FW1.0 Build 20190924, with Viofo 64GB MLC. Mostly it seems to be running fine, but I do hear the occasional beep in parking mode while I'm sorting stuff before getting in and driving away. No beeps at all when driving.

I should check the card to see if everything is recording OK.

Is there any correlation to the recording length chosen? I have mine at 5 minutes per file.
When I've had a beep, it has always been when creating a new file, so I guess with 5 minute files it happens 1/5th as often as with 1 minute files...

When I've had a beep, it has always been when creating a new file, so I guess with 5 minute files it happens 1/5th as often as with 1 minute files...
Same issue with 3min loop in parking mode double beep after starting every new file but driving mode no beeps

Sandisk High Enduance 256Gb used

Hey everyone, my car sleep the whole week in my car park and therefore don't need parking mode.
At the moment, I manually go in the menu and turn off parking before shutting down the engine which in turn shut down the dashcam instead of switching to parking mode.

However it's annoying me to always have to do that. Is there a way to turn off the dashcam when it's in parking mode?

Hey everyone, my car sleep the whole week in my car park and therefore don't need parking mode.
At the moment, I manually go in the menu and turn off parking before shutting down the engine which in turn shut down the dashcam instead of switching to parking mode.

However it's annoying me to always have to do that. Is there a way to turn off the dashcam when it's in parking mode?
Disconnect the power cable.

If you long press the power (menu) button before shutting down the engine then the camera will be turned off and will stay off after the engine is shut down ... I think. Does this solve your issue?

I have experienced the double beep (missing footage) issue with multiple retail units using the SanDisk Ultra A1 cards and the Viofo cards (128GB and 64GB). For whatever reason, it does not occur with the Samsung EVO Plus 128GB card I have. I am currently testing a SanDisk High Endurance 256GB card and so far so good.

I had the same positive results moving from the Ultra A1 to higher quality memory. The beeping hasnt happened in a month or two, with the better quality memory. I suspect many cards cant handle two streams at the high speed, writing to different places at the same time. When it cant take the data fast enough is probably when it beeps, as a reminder that is wasn't able to write. I'm still on the 9/23 firmware, btw.

The Viofo cards have a pretty high write speed if I recall and I get the beep issue with them. Others get the beep issue with the Samsung EVO Plus card, which seems to work fine for me. The SanDisk High Endurance card seems to be working fine for me as well.

The Viofo cards have a pretty high write speed if I recall and I get the beep issue with them. Others get the beep issue with the Samsung EVO Plus card, which seems to work fine for me. The SanDisk High Endurance card seems to be working fine for me as well.
Whats the Viofo Card write speed rate?

I think all of the cards are capable of writing at their specified rate, but what a dashcam is doing is simultaneously deleting old recording and creating new ones. There is no spec for this. There needs to be for dash cams.

Is there a way to turn off the dashcam when it's in parking mode?
If you long press the power (menu) button before shutting down the engine then the camera will be turned off and will stay off after the engine is shut down ... I think. Does this solve your issue?
I long-press the power button after I park and switch off the engine, which shuts down the camera from parking mode. The camera then stays off until next time I start the car.

Back