A129 Pro firmware

Viofo sent me test firmware 1.2T2

Is this new firmware or is this firmware already out in the wild? If new, I do not mind sharing the link, but do not want to cause confusion if it is older. The firmware date is 10/29/2019, but I thought this may be a later iteration and the firmware date did not change.

It's a beta firmware already out since last year. From what I have discovered, there are 2 beta firmware.
fw 1.2T2
fw 1.2ACC

Both these fw, did not solve my A129pro duo beep beep sound and missing 5 dec clip.

btw 1.2ACC is from 11/01/19. Anyway, i think none of these was intended to address the beep sound issue...

(1.2T2 and don't have the issues metioned above :cool: )

Just... where is Viofo? It is a couple of months that is not giving any feedback to any of the issues reported, on this and in other threads... It was present before the release of the A129Pro...
Is it just my opinion?

yeah nothing but silence. I contacted them on eBay where I got mine from asking for a refund or exchange due to the unreliability - heard nothing for over a month :(

I think one of the things that irritates people the most, is the silence or lack of communication with the product testers and more important so, the customers that are seeking for an answer to a question they may have or regardless the situation and I consider this forum as important (or even more) as the one on their official website considering the fact this is the main hub where people stop to learn more about dashcams. I wish there where a better relationship between manufacturer and the end user leaving arrogance aside. A few words go a long way. Don't only show up when it is convenient to promote a new product. You generate good products but don't let silence and arrogance spoil the whole thing.

they are already a lot more vocal than typical Chinese brands, not many brands would actively participate in this type of end user interaction so they're ahead of what most of their competitors are doing already

they are already a lot more vocal than typical Chinese brands, not many brands would actively participate in this type of end user interaction so they're ahead of what most of their competitors are doing already
Could be true, but is that sufficient?

@viofo Need an option to have parking mode based only on G-sensor, meaning an option to turn "Parking mode motion detection = OFF".
Too many files are created due to motion detection in parking mode, sometimes showing only pedestrians and tree movement.

@viofo Need an option to have parking mode based only on G-sensor, meaning an option to turn "Parking mode motion detection = OFF".
Too many files are created due to motion detection in parking mode, sometimes showing only pedestrians and tree movement.

For me also this is important, thanks!

Normally, Viofo should not advertise their parking mode to use also the G-Sensor but only Motion detect. G-Sensor is not so sensitive as users expect, motion detect is better to use for Parking mode. Cover the lens with something dark and see if the Parking mode is working only because of G-Sensor. From my experience I observed that G-Sensor is more sensitive for the front-back moving compared to left-right. So when you close the cars door is very possible the G-Sensor to not detect that shock.

enjoy,
Mtz

It would be interesting to see the sensitivity or lack thereof in person.
Covering the lens is a good idea but not very feasible to do every time, also when the rear camera has to be fixed to the car leaving little room.

Covering the lens idea was just for you to do a test.

I observed that G-Sensor is more sensitive for the front-back moving compared to left-right. So when you close the cars door is very possible the G-Sensor to not detect that shock.

That's an interesting observation. Accelerometers (G-sensors) are available in single and multi-axis versions. I wonder if the G sensor on the A129 pcb might be single axis, prioritized for front and rear collisions rather than side collisions. A single axis G-sensor would react to impacts from all directions but would be most sensitive to the axis it was designed and installed for. Perhaps @viofo or @jokiin can comment on this?

yep

I would think it's likely something that could be improved in the firmware

I guess being aware of the problem is the first step.

Come to think of it the accelerometer in my iPad works equally well in all directions. I've had fun testing it with a seismograph app. My laptop has a six axis accelerometer too. If you happen to drop the computer, no matter what angle it's falling it parks and locks the hard drive head before it hits the ground or table or whatever. Luckily I haven't tested that feature. :)

Back