A129 Pro firmware

Any word on the FW that was supposed to be released in November? Seems odd that VIOFO seems to have all but disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on the FW that was supposed to be released in November? Seems odd that VIOFO seems to have all but disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately no news. It seems odd they don’t knowing that prospective customers pay close attention to details like that and for many that is a deal breaker.

...I know that the camera has been tested a lot before the release, but maybe it needed more testing and review before putting it in sale...

It seems a "beta version" with some issues still to be resolved, the only hope is that all the issues can be solved updating the firmware, not upgrading the hardware, that would be disappointing.

I've had beep-beeps quite frequently while card wasn't even half-full...
Tried swap in between 128 and 512gb evo plus. My 128gb just decided to give me loads of beeps after it fills up. Sometimes beeps non stop until i press the buttons, sometimes it just doesn’t react to any button pressed.

512gb does beeps as well but not so frequent.

just wondering if its due to the dashcam failed to delete old clips to give way to new clips.

my current bitrate is at “high” so 303mb + 100mb every minutes.

@viofo
any news on the new firmware? seems like many of us are having beeping issue.

I'm running 1min loop, on FW1.0 Build 20190924, with Viofo 64GB MLC. Mostly it seems to be running fine, but I do hear the occasional beep in parking mode while I'm sorting stuff before getting in and driving away. No beeps at all when driving.
Same for me. Same "old" firmware, 1min loop, everything at max (h265), WD Purple 256GB card, beeps only while driving away (probably due to G-sensor set to High).

If you long press the power (menu) button before shutting down the engine then the camera will be turned off and will stay off after the engine is shut down ... I think. Does this solve your issue?

Sorry for the late reply I'm on holiday.
It works and solve the issue. You can even press and hold the menu button after shutting down the engine when the dashcam already switched in parking mode and it will turn off the cam. This is perfect thanks for the tip

I’ve had no beeps since I installed my A129 Pro Duo. Using a WD Purple 256GB SD card and on firmware 1.1. Everything is working fine at max resolution.

I've now had a few double-beeps in parking mode, and also one or two occasions when driving. No idea what's causing that.

I've now had a few double-beeps in parking mode, and also one or two occasions when driving. No idea what's causing that.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an error message that displayed whenever the camera beeped telling you why it beeped?

random beep while recording is a memory card issue
What was the issue? Could not write? Could not read? Write too slow? Card not there? Card is pink instead of blue? No space left on card? Card in wrong format? Card not formatted? Card is wrong brand?
Where in the documentation does it say that a random beep from the camera is a memory card issue?
Why not just put text on the screen to tell me what the issue is?
The software did some test that failed that caused it to beep. What was that test? How did it fail?
Error messages are incredibly easy to implement, I don't understand why it has become fashionable to not implement error messages.

Learning something new...
After two weeks of no beeps and all running smoothly, I pulled the SD card to verify the cam is recording as it should. This time I just put it back to the camera after reviewing all the files and not formatting the memory afterwards. Beep beep came back soon after that. It seems that whatever the computer writes to the card at the time of insertion is enough to exacerbate things if you decide to put it back in to the camera without reformatting it and let it continue to record like that.
So a good rule of thumb is to ALWAYS format the memory card once you have removed it from the camera and after you have saved any data you may want to persevere. Always format in camera even if you had done it a format in the computer. I still think this is just one of several other reasons the camera behaves like that.

Learning something new...
After two weeks of no beeps and all running smoothly, I pulled the SD card to verify the cam is recording as it should. This time I just put it back to the camera after reviewing all the files and not formatting the memory afterwards. Beep beep came back soon after that. It seems that whatever the computer writes to the card at the time of insertion is enough to exacerbate things if you decide to put it back in to the camera without reformatting it and let it continue to record like that.
So a good rule of thumb is to ALWAYS format the memory card once you have removed it from the camera and after you have saved any data you may want to persevere. Always format in camera even if you had done it a format in the computer. I still think this is just one of several other reasons the camera behaves like that.
Done format every time but beeps still there. So that’s not the solution thou.

anyway I realised beeps lesser in 512gb. While my 128gb sometimes just beeps until i press the record.

Done format every time but beeps still there. So that’s not the solution thou.

anyway I realised beeps lesser in 512gb. While my 128gb sometimes just beeps until i press the record.
I know it isn’t the solution but not doing so will only exacerbate things as I mentioned, I still think this is just one of several other reasons the camera behaves the way it does.

I know it isn’t the solution but not doing so will only exacerbate things as I mentioned, I still think this is just one of several other reasons the camera behaves the way it does.
Yeap. I do agree that.

Cheers

Viofo sent me test firmware 1.2T2

Is this new firmware or is this firmware already out in the wild? If new, I do not mind sharing the link, but do not want to cause confusion if it is older. The firmware date is 10/29/2019, but I thought this may be a later iteration and the firmware date did not change.

Back