SG9663DR update

Well with the issues some people have with the way the front camera are on some phones, i figure some will have problems with cutting a hole in the tint of their rear window. :)

This wouldn't be a pinhole, but more of a square / rectangle. Think of the diameter of the camera lens + housing. Not pretty aesthetically

There is no win win when it comes to dark tint + DashCam

I'll be honest. Daytime is perfectly fine with 80% front 20% rear tint on my car. Night Time front camera will be superior because you've got headlights illuminating the road. Rear will be dark since it's dependent on light sources surrounding or behind the vehicle. And headlights shining off the tint will cause a strobe light effect. Course, if you're in the city at night with 20% tint with plenty of lighting, it's less of an issue.

There's no winning here. I'd say if you want 100% visibility out the rear glass, don't tint. If your windows are tinted, then live with the above. If you can't live with the above, and don't mind cutting a rectangle / square out of your tint, then have at it. It'll create the most optimal view.

CPL filter won't do squat at night through rear tint.

There is no win win when it comes to dark tint + DashCam

I presume this entails drilling a hole in the trunk to mount camera under lip of trunk where you go to raise it? Can't imagine any other method of routing an outside camera to the rear glass.

Will the 9663DR be available for pre-order? I'm in the USA if that makes a difference.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Will the 9663DR be available for pre-order? I'm in the USA if that makes a difference.
that will be up to @Street Guardian USA personally I don't do pre-orders, I'd rather have it physically in hand before making it available for purchase, freight and customs can often through a spanner in the works and cause unexpected delays

Personally i would only do a outside camera if there are absolutely no "normal" option, i will however continue to buy cars with a rear wiper no matter what.
That if i ever get to a place where i can buy a car again, somehow i doubt that a little.

yeah those aren't for the DR, we'll have a different option for the DR but that won't be for a while still

So you trying to develop an external camera for a Dual Channel setup (Front / Rear) or for a Quad Channel (Front / Rear) and two for the side?

Personally i would only do a outside camera if there are absolutely no "normal" option,

I miss the rear wiper that my Volvo V40 had. S60 doesn't have one. Sigh.

I will however continue to buy cars with a rear wiper no matter what.
That if i ever get to a place where i can buy a car again, somehow i doubt that a little.

I believe the way to get that is sneak into the EU with 10 children from some 3rd world craphole and live off the social system?

I do need a camera under my car so I never have to wonder again, "Did I hit that squirrel?" :)

A quad channel system would be sweet to capture the sides and idiots who may damage the car while parked or even while driving.

Back