New Viofo A139 !

3 individual cameras, yes.
Most of the 3CH dashcam in the market has front and interior built-in the DVR body, it is good for taxi users and easier to setup.

VIOFO is also working on such 3CH dashcam, the design will be different compared to the excited, plan to release in 2021 Q1.

Most of the 3CH dashcam in the market has front and interior built-in the DVR body, it is good for taxi users and easier to setup.

VIOFO is also working on such 3CH dashcam, the design will be different compared to the excited, plan to release in 2021 Q1.

Sounds like a very good strategy to offer both types of Camera. A 3 Channel 3 Camera setup and a 3 Channel Front + Interior Camera + Rear Camera setup.

It gives your customers flexibility. Some may like having a 3rd camera separate from the front camera. Allowing for a better placement of the interior cam that is not constricted by a Mirror.

Others may find the unibody Front + Rear easier.

Matter of choice and preference.

Viofo doesn't have any samples to offer at the moment. Bill Zhou said they've received an overwhelming number of requests. Shucks.

I'll need to jump when they get their 3 Channel Unibody out for beta testing next time! Disappointed I missed out on this 3 Channel 3 Camera setup!

Found the image of the product on Google... Is that how it'll look?
1603608117201.png

Found the image of the product on Google... Is that how it'll look?
No, you have got the scale wrong!

Unless you are looking at it on a phone screen.

don't blame the author though for the scale issue, it's a 3D render not a photo which means it was supplied by Viofo
The main problem is that there was no scale, with the front lens in view it is easier to judge, the remote cameras are difficult to judge size because the lenses are not as big as we are used to, if my action camera had one of them then the lens wouldn't need to stick out the front! Even the sockets are not the size we are used to, compare the tiny remote camera sockets with the standard 3.5mm jack socket for the MIC and AV:

1603615943828.png1603616272842.png

1603616083561.png1603616214668.png

Yeah in 1:1 size the A139 will fit on a phone screen, even a older phone with a smaller screen and bezels galore.
It is a little wider than the wedge cameras i have been dealing with over the years, but its size are no problem.

But due to its with, even if you mount the upper parts of the camera on a shaded area of a windscreen, then the bottom part that stick out will be larger, so different / more than old school wedge cameras, but not something that is a deal breaker in any way, you will have to be in a very special place to not be able to mount the A139 and have a stealthy install.

The very little plugs for the remote cameras do have me worried a bit, if you are the kind of person that take the camera off its mount very often / every day, you might want to stay clear off the A139.
Having cleaned my windscreen on the inside one time since i got the A139, what i did was just slide it off the mount and then using wire slack i draped it over my mirror so it could dangle there while i cleaned the glass.
So a good idea to have a little wire slack in the camera end, you could also unplug it all when you clean your window every 1 - 2 weeks, that i think will be fine.

Last edited:
BTW some kind of mark on one of the remote camera wires would be a good idea, they look the same so if you had them unplugged hard to tell which wire is what camera.
I have a tiny O ring i will slide over the interior camera, but you could also mark the little plug with a marker.

I have a tiny O ring i will slide over the interior camera, but you could also mark the little plug with a marker.
Colour coding the interior one with an infrared connector would help, but I don't think people are going to unplug them often, for cleaning it is enough to slide it off the mount leaving everything plugged in. There are too many cables to want to remove it daily, or even to remove it for use as a card reader like I do with some other cameras.

Could also do with something to stop the memory card springing out and disappearing, needs a smooth (damped) ejection system like you used to get for cassette tapes!

The two coax cables could maybe made one in black and one brown...

Probably sacrilegious question but does somebody know (tried) if it's possible to replace IR unit for normal one and vice versa? :devilish: :unsure: I'm in the process of choosing a camera for my new car again but this one i need to be covered better than just front/rear.

Do we have here a yolo guy who can try to swap cables for me..? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Do we have here some yolo guys who can try to switch cables for me..? :ROFLMAO:
I thought about it, but decided to let someone else try first :sneaky:

I couldn't think of any valid reason not to want the IR one plugged into the front socket. Would be nice to know if the IR turns on and off with it mounted at the rear, but of course if you use the IR at the rear then you could just plug the rear camera cable into the interior cam socket.

I thought about it, but decided to let someone else try first :sneaky:
Oh, come on. :LOL:

I assume it shouldn't do anything except work or throw an error. Otherwise @viofo would certainly take some precautionary measures to prevent this.

I assume it shouldn't do anything except work or throw an error.
I think it is either going to work normally, or it will work except the IR lamp won't turn on if plugged into the rear socket.

I dont think anything would break, as that would need wires / plugs to be clearly marked, and i assume some big lettering in the manual.
I assume the interior camera must be able to draw a bit more power for the IR LED's. But power source are probably the same for front / interior / whole system.
Also if both the rear and interior camera are same sensor, it should not be a problem.
Not sure how the IR cut filter & lights are managed, i would assume from the main units as you have the options to do a few things with it on the fly.

The a139's rear and in-camera cables are compatible with each other.
There is no difference in direction.
You can install the "L" one on the side you want according to the direction and arrival of the cables.
Preferably it would be more convenient to attach the "L" end to external cameras.
(Of course, if you plug the infrared camera back in, if you use a long cable, I don't need to mention the infrared on the main camera, ie the plug-in camera slot.)
Do not be afraid.
Try.

Last edited:
The real question isn't if the cable fits but whether units are replacable because IR unit should have IR filter removed to get good results in dark with IR LEDs. So if one would be interested in using both secondary units for outside world, the proper way would be using both same units.

My A139 test unit is stuck at the delivery office and I can't travel inter-district to collect it due to the movement control order

Dang it :rolleyes: at least it is not Friday too.

Back