Viofo A139 3CH review

there's some specific parameters around the voice files, having them user editable would be difficult to achieve reliably
There were such devices even many years ago and no excessive confusion appeared... Nothing that difficult about it - the ones interested in will do the necessary steps, others which don't care wouldn't even bother.

I would appreciate this option as well.

In addition to voice messages, I see that V1.0 1113 also has options for rear camera mirror and rotate. I've not had time to check these functions yet.

Screenshot_20201114-174905-01.jpeg

There were such devices even many years ago and no excessive confusion appeared... Nothing that difficult about it - the ones interested in will do the necessary steps, others which don't care wouldn't even bother.
it's not about confusion, I was talking about the coding

Can someone PM me this V1.0 1113 firmware please :)

The voice prompt about the change to parking mode is helpful, does it voice prompt when it switches back to driving mode?

I think the voice prompts are helpful as I tend to get confused when it is just beeping at me...

100% reliable here. Using Samsung Evo Select 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB versions. If that's the silver Transcend card those had had issues found with them in dashcam usage.
I haven't tried the 'ciggie plug' PS, think I'll do that today. My HWK seems to function well with LV cutoff doing as it seems it should.

Phil

Good to know the Samsung cards work well, the Evo Plus cards are good value for money.

I think the voice prompts are helpful as I tend to get confused when it is just beeping at me...
For dashcams with no screen, spoken messages can be a good option as an alternative to single or multiple beeps.

I would like to have a choice between voice and beeps so the user can decide what alert they want

I think we should be given options in the app as to which notifications we want beeps, and which we want spoken voice.

Also, I kept thinking @Mtz wants voice file for Romulan language:

9ef11d45db71092efbd8a819b665c31b.jpg

I think we should be given options in the app as to which notifications we want beeps, and which we want spoken voice.

Also, I kept thinking @Mtz wants voice file for Romulan language:

View attachment 54185
Hoping they can do like Blackvue on which notification can mute the voice prompts.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

In addition to voice messages, I see that V1.0 1113 also has options for rear camera mirror and rotate. I've not had time to check these functions yet.

View attachment 54170
Unfortunately - the new rear camera rotate and mirror options do not work for me, in any combination, for the setup where the mount is located on the other end of the camera.
@viofo please can your engineers check this again?

View attachment 54170
I don’t have those options on my iPhone app, still just the rotate options which actually mirrors the picture rather than rotating it.
61DB27CA-0E07-4507-8B19-EF4F6F879A7F.jpeg

I don’t have those options on my iPhone app, still just the rotate options which actually mirrors the picture rather than rotating it.
View attachment 54209
I'm using the Android app. But as mentioned yesterday, it's still not working properly, at least not for me

I'm using the Android app. But as mentioned yesterday, it's still not working properly, at least not for me
Yeah I guessed from the top bar that it was Android. Is your app up to date? I wonder what other people are using. Mine has had the options since I received the camera rather than just in this fw.

Yeah I guessed from the top bar that it was Android. Is your app up to date? I wonder what other people are using. Mine has had the options since I received the camera rather than just in this fw.
There have been rotate toggles for all three channels. The latest update added the mirror toggle on the rear camera.

There have been rotate toggles for all three channels. The latest update added the mirror toggle on the rear camera.
Oh ok, I thought you meant the update had added them all. So do none of them work or just the new mirror toggle?

Oh ok, I thought you meant the update had added them all. So do none of them work or just the new mirror toggle?
Just the new mirror toggle, AFAIK. I've not tried rotating the front or interior cameras.

These are the bitrates for normal recording mode.

Can anyone tell me the bitrates for low bitrate parking mode then? I believe it was 4Mbps in parking mode for the A129. Want to get an idea of size cards needed in case I might start using low bit rate parking mode.

I would find out myself but the car is parked up and not very accessible ATM, the A139 doesn't go into parking mode if I just leave it running on it's own (I think because I am powering via a usb hub ATM)

Ok, the Front Camera in Low Bitrate parking mode @ 1440p and 30fps is ~8Mb/s. This sounds about right as 1440p is almost twice the amount of pixels as 1080p.

When I get a chance will install the other cameras and check their bit rates.

Ok, the Front Camera in Low Bitrate parking mode @ 1440p and 30fps is ~8Mb/s. This sounds about right as 1440p is almost twice the amount of pixels as 1080p.

When I get a chance will install the other cameras and check their bit rates.
You can always just plug them in for testing. My rear cam is still tucked on top of the sun visor (but it's getting nice images of my passenger side windows there!) ;)

Phil

Can anyone tell me the bitrates for low bitrate parking mode then? I believe it was 4Mbps in parking mode for the A129. Want to get an idea of size cards needed in case I might start using low bit rate parking mode.

I would find out myself but the car is parked up and not very accessible ATM, the A139 doesn't go into parking mode if I just leave it running on it's own (I think because I am powering via a usb hub ATM)

Here you go for low bit rate parking mode
Front cam: 2560×1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 8 633 kb/s. 61.8MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 4 303 kb/s. 30.8MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 4 303 kb/s. 30.8MB per 1min file.

Here you go for low bit rate parking mode
Front cam: 2560×1440 30fps – Overall bit rate: 8 633 kb/s. 61.8MB per 1min file.
Rear cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 4 303 kb/s. 30.8MB per 1min file.
Interior cam: 1920×1080 30fps – Overall bit rate: 4 303 kb/s. 30.8MB per 1min file.

Thanks Jeremy!

Back