Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

OK, downloading 2 files now .......

All done and no problems with your files ..... so it's your PC setup. I'd uninstall and reinstall Dashcam Viewer.

5JmGjPD.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I did notice, and you can see it in your screenshot, is the rainbow effect in the sky. I've never had that, maybe your windscreen ?

One thing I did notice, and you can see it in your screenshot, is the rainbow effect in the sky. I've never had that, maybe your windscreen ?
The colours are from CPL and Llumar tinted windshield. Without CPL no colour effects on video but huge reflections from the dashboard.
So CPL and Llumar foil makes your video funny and colorful. :cool:

Last edited:
May be I could reinstall the program switching to English US (or UK) regional settings and try again.
I saw screenshots in this thread from US people and their duration was like mine.... 00m-1s - witch looks strange, presuming these people already has Regional settings to English US by default.
A few posts before mine there is such a screenshot.

Could be. It seems to have attempted to change the filename so US or UK may solve it.

One way to find out ...........

Hello @Kremmen
I put some test files here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i4NjYH0SKaoKIiiUtFtYJgHcIcYW36Yg?usp=sharing
TEST FILES folder.
One of them is High bitrate, the other Medium bitrate, both recorded on 30 fps.
Duration not shown OK for both files.
Please test them on your PC and your Dashcam Viewer if you can.
I will try your version for K-Lite codec pack to check ire there any difference.

View attachment 55480
It must be something local to your computer. I've successfully played both your files on 2 different Win10 computers (Home and Pro) using 2 different versions of DCV (3.6.3 and 3.6.4).

Last edited:
I think the OP has a point about the regional variation language. If you look at the ones he's ringed in red, not only is the filesize corrupt but the filename is no longer the Viofo ymdnn.mp4 format.

I wonder if it's trying to pseudo translate it and making a dogs dinner out of it.

OK, uninstalled the Dashcam Viewer.
Set the Windows 10 Region settings to English (UK).
Reinstalled Dashcam Viewer, did FULL RESET for the program. entered my REG key again.
My files still do not show correct duration.
Just to mention that in the @Kremmen post, showing my files - the DATE AND TIME is incorrect! But the DURATION is OK!
You can see the correct DATE and TIME in this picture, the Region settings are in English UK now (no more cyrillic letters for weekdays)

Any ideas what to try next?

Screenshot 2021-02-18 171301.jpg

Ignore the date and time as that was the time I unzipped the files. Google Drive zips them before allowing download.

Why your system should not show the correct file length is a puzzle.

That Windows file screenshot in post #776, can you check the details tab.

My gut feeling is that your codec pack might be corrupt as I think that's what reads the file header info.

Have you got VLC installed ? If not that might be worth a shot as it loads it's own codecs that may help.

Last edited:
Ignore the date and time as that was the time I unzipped the files. Google Drive zips them before allowing download.

Why your system should not show the correct file length is a puzzle.

That Windows file screenshot in post #776, can you check the details tab.

My gut feeling is that your codec pack might be corrupt as I think that's what reads the file header info.

Have you got VLC installed ? If not that might be worth a shot as it loads it's own codecs that may help.
Hello again and thank you very much for your suggestions and guidelines.

Tried to install VLC - no change. The Dashcam Viewer keeps using LAV video-Audio codecs (their icons appear on taskbar).
The Details tab on Properties looks fine for me.

Screenshot 2021-02-18 203641.jpg

I'm puzzled now, you have the same Dashcam Viewer and Codec that I have !!!

Last edited:
Hello guys, I think i found a workaround for my case.
Today I downloaded one of the files I shared with you from Google Drive WEB PAGE.
Look at the result!!!
Now the DATE AND TIME of the file has been changed to Friday 19 07:34:05 2021 (the downloading time from Drive, written in Cyrillic because of the regional settings). And most importantly - NOW I HAVE a CORRECT DURATION of 03:00 !!!

It looks like the Google Drive does some magic trick some how, but when I read the files directly from SD card or copy them to my PC - no correct duration!

I am totally out of ideas why this happen.

I'm OK to put some files in DRIVE and download them BACK to my PC when I need to make a video fragment export due to some road situation.

I would like to thank all of you guiding me in this case.
Wish you well.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 073851.jpg

Very strange, so it's the transfer from Viofo to Windows.

FYI - I plug the whole dashcam into the PC USB3 and cut/paste the files to my secondary SSD drive that I have full read/write access to.

Don't forget to delete your Google Drive link in the earlier post.

If you're interested you could use KDiff3 to perform a binary compare on both files to see if they are identical. If they are then have a look at the permissions on the folder you're saving the originals to.

Hi again. I found more elegant solution - just RENAMING the file on the PC (adding word in the end) does the trick too.
In my typical usage scenario - I put the SD card in my notebook card reader and make standart windows COPY operation for some files or read the contents of the SD card directly in Dashcam Viewer.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 084534.jpg

Hello guys, mystery SOLVED - the file system of 128 micro SD card from VIOFO is making this behaviour.
In a case you make normal COPY-PASTE file operation from 128GB Viofo card, or read the file directly from the card - you see some weird duration 00m-1s.
RENAMING the file on PC or ON THE CARD solves the problem.
For comparison you can see this footage, recorded with the same camera but on LEXAR 64GB Micro SD card - the DURATION is OK! (You can see how much dashboard reflection I have without CPL - and no fancy colours :cool: )
Both cards are formatted on PC using VIOFO recommended guiformat2.exe

Screenshot 2021-02-19 092019.jpg

These are the cards:
2021-02-19 09.26.41.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I just read through @Zhivko Nikolov's entire saga-- very interesting! I wouldn't have suspected the SD card itself, but stranger things have happened.

I have had a few reports of the "00m-1s" issue in the past. It has always turned out to be one of three causes:

1. User loading videos from a RAID drive
2. User loading videos from a NAS device
3. Non-ascii characters in the path/to/videos

Generally I recommend users load videos right from the SD card (or copy to a local hard drive). See FAQ question #4. Now if the volume name of your VIOFO 128GB SD card has non-ascii characters in it, this might explain why one SD card works and the other gives you the "00m-1s" problem (assuming the working SD card is named with ascii chars). Sorry for all the confusion. Still have work to do on internationalization.

John

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.5 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v3.6.5 was released today for both Mac and Windows with the following improvements:

New Features:
  • [Windows] Dashcam Viewer has a new look! New default Dark Mode theme for Window’s users. Users can revert to the older theme if desired via the Preferences. Mac users: Dashcam Viewer is compatible with the macOS's global Dark Mode setting in the System Preferences.
dcv_v3.6.5_win_light_dark.jpg

New Dark Mode theme on left, traditional theme on right.

General Improvements:
  • Changed geoJSON exported filename to have .geojson extension instead of .json.
  • Added ability to load .TS video files on computers that support this format.
  • Minor GUI enhancements and tweaks.
Dashcam Viewer is PC/Mac software that allows you to playback your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com). Standard and PRO versions are available.

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

I have had a few reports of the "00m-1s" issue in the past. It has always turned out to be one of three causes:

1. User loading videos from a RAID drive
2. User loading videos from a NAS device
3. Non-ascii characters in the path/to/videos

Generally I recommend users load videos right from the SD card (or copy to a local hard drive). .

John
Hello John. When I copy a video file from SD to PC and open from PC- the problem exists, duration 00m-1s.
I need to rename the file, just add a few letters in the file name and this solves the issue. You can see the screenshot in post #794
I can rename the file directly on the SD card, no need to copy on PC - this also fixes duration and shows correct 3:00.
And when I rename the file again to its original file name - the duration again is shown as 00m-1s. On PC and on SD card.
May be something related to current VIOFO firmware I am using and 128GB card.

I'm using a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb U3 and Viofo firmware 2.00 (which I have available if you want it)

Here are my saved firmware versions:

6KDtgnw.jpg

When I plug my V3 into Windows via USB with the card inserted this is what I see - no name:

5drA10H.jpg

My SDCard:

ZQnmEfM.jpg

Will check the new .ts support later today- Thanks John :cool:

Phil

Back