Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

John,
You are a "B......." marvel.
Can't thank you enough.

I may not require all the features but it's good to have them available.

I have exported one video as a trial & it works poifectly. :)

Stay safe.

Regards, Mike..

ps. Am I the "only" one who runs the 32 bit version of Windows?
This 10 + year old PC just functions like new.
I can't upgrade, coz of all the old (registered/paid for) programs I have & they cannot be used on WIN10.
Thanks M$.

I have been on 64 bit windows for well over a decade.

I think ( guess ) cant you do 32 bit on a 62 bit machine ? like emulate it or maybe a virtual machine ??

If your computer are 10 years old, even if it was a high end machine back then, it would be hammered by today's computers.
But of course if it do what you need it to do, also no need to add to the worlds mountain of E-waste.

Hello John, just purchased Dashcam Viewer today! I have a VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K 2-Channel Dash Cam on order.
I downloaded your sample files to get used to the program in the mean time.
My system,
Intel I7 6900K 4.2Ghz 8core 16 thread, 32Gb memory, 2 SSD drives, NVIDIA RTX 3070 graphics card, etc... Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.
I'm running Dashcam Viewer 3.6.4.
If I change the "Aspect Ratio" from "Fill" to "Maintain" I just get a black screen. The video plays but just black? Fill is too stretched out.
Any ideas on what I can try?
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
Could be a bug in the software, im sure John will take a look at it.
If anything local,,,, all i can think off is driver for the GFX card, if that is not updated you might want to try that.

Edit just tested my own computer ( threadripper / 5700XT / 128GB RAM ASO )
there was no problem for me.
My version # i think might be older, it is DV bundled with SG cameras so i think version # might be older.

Last edited:
Could be a bug in the software, im sure John will take a look at it.
If anything local,,,, all i can think off is driver for the GFX card, if that is not updated you might want to try that.
Thanks, I do have the latest Nvidia GeForce graphics driver, 461.40 released on 1/26/2021. I even re-installed it. Appreciate your reply.

Yeah with a rig like that i figured you was probably to to date on everything :)

could be a thing that have crept in recent versions, there have been no reason to update the Street Guardian / DV version as they have not released new cameras that would necessitate a update.

maybe ??? do you use a ultra wide monitor, i am on a regular aspect ratio 27" 1080p screen, i could imagine the wider aspect ratio screens might be a issue.

maybe ??? do you use a ultra wide monitor, i am on a regular aspect ratio 27" 1080p screen, i could imagine the wider aspect ratio screens might be a issue.
Yes, I have a Dell UltraSharp 38" Monitor - U3818DW running the native resolution of 3840 x 1600.
The strange thing is, the "Maintain" aspect ratio did work once, but not any more.
Thanks for the reply.
Tom

Yeah. i think John have a tweak or two to do.
I have myself been eyeballing the wide Samsung screens with 240 Hz, only i am not so crazy about the curves in them.

Maybe you can run in windowed mode ?

Yeah. i think John have a tweak or two to do.
I have myself been eyeballing the wide Samsung screens with 240 Hz, only i am not so crazy about the curves in them.

Maybe you can run in windowed mode ?
Thanks, looking forward to see if John has any ideas.
The Dell is just slightly curved, hardly noticeable. I've had it for a couple years now, and really like it. The refresh rate is only 60Hz though.

I just noticed, I can resize the window to make it look better. I don't know when it's actually correct, just guessing.
This is the default.
2021-02-16_13-39-06.jpg

@Tom899 I just tried switch between Fill and Maintain aspect modes with the latest version of Dashcam Viewer and had no issues (Win10 i7 ASUS laptop).

I suggest trying the hard reset procedure (it tends to fix strange issues):
  1. Quit Dashcam Viewer
  2. Hold down the Shift key
  3. Start Dashcam Viewer
  4. You will see a dialog box come up asking if you’d like to Reset All Settings. Click “Yes”.

Note that you'll need to re-enter your registration code after you click Yes.

John

@Tom899 I just tried switch between Fill and Maintain aspect modes with the latest version of Dashcam Viewer and had no issues (Win10 i7 ASUS laptop).

I suggest trying the hard reset procedure (it tends to fix strange issues):
  1. Quit Dashcam Viewer
  2. Hold down the Shift key
  3. Start Dashcam Viewer
  4. You will see a dialog box come up asking if you’d like to Reset All Settings. Click “Yes”.

Note that you'll need to re-enter your registration code after you click Yes.

John
Hi John, Thanks for the reply and information, appreciated!
Yesterday, late afternoon, I did try the hard reset and reentering my registration. It did fix another oddity (it was crashing to the desktop when I pulled up the 2-ch sample folder, glad it fixed that), but it did not fix the "Fill and Maintain". When I change to Maintain it goes to black screen, it's playing and I can hear sound, but get a black screen. Maybe it's my ultra-wide 3840 x 1600 resolution as mentioned by kamkar?
I found I can resize the window while it's playing to make it look OK, so getting by.
Maybe someone else with a similar Ultra-wide monitor can try?
Thanks,
Tom

Hello, I need some help.
Using VIOFO A119 V3 and all files opened in Dashcam Viewer do not show correct time duration. Always show 00m-1s.
Screenshot 2021-02-17 083217.jpg
The Trips are shown in the same way - 11 files trip has duration 00m-11s.
Screenshot 2021-02-17 083453.jpg

And the main issue is: I can't export any segment of any file. I tried to export as Video file file 30 sec from a trip and see this:

Screenshot 2021-02-17 083325.jpg

So I thought the problem is with my Region settings in Windows 10 (It is Bulgarian) and I changed to United States - no change at all. All clips show duration of 00m-1s.
Do you have any ideas how to solve this?
I just need to be able to export part of movie file in a separate video file.

What file size is Windows File Explorer showing ?

What file size is Windows File Explorer showing ?
Hi, I am using the High bit rate so each file size is 660MB. I have some old video files from my MINI0805 dashcam - same behavior.
They are smaller - 40- 60MB (they are fragments containing some road situations) and they are in MOV format.
The Dashcam Viewer opens these files OK but shows duration 00m:-1s

I am using K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1595_Standard version
Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 64 bit LENOVO E480 notebook

Screenshot 2021-02-18 094431.jpg

Hmmm, very odd, my A119 are perfectly OK.

Can you post a download link to see what my dashcam viewer makes of it. Dropbox ?

Here is a sample of a journey yesterday shown in Dashcam Viewer 3.6.4 in Windows 10:

I am using 60fps, high bitrate:

q37E0X9.jpg

Can you check you still have the codec pack:

NMbaYES.jpg

Last edited:
No difference with K-Lite 14.6.0 Basic - still no correct duration time for files.

Back