It would be easier and more reliable for programmers to do it with the source code instead of the compiled firmware.

There are plenty of custom / modded firmwares out there. The manufacturer may not make their firmwares open source, but there are plenty of people who can edit lines of code to turn on one feature or make tweaks. That's why you have custom firmwares out there.

So it was a 100% valid question to ask what @vvs49 changed.
All they can do is edit minor things like increase(or reduce) sharpness/contrast/tone/color/exposure/bitrate and other minor things.
They probably cannot enable major features like HDR, wifi station mode, geofencing, remote live view, cloud, or any other major things.
So in essence, they are still in a box and are limited to what they can do without opensource firmware.

My purpose of asking @mentadent was to try to inform him that Viofo would not be out of the ordinary in not open sourcing their firmware, in which he already clearly seems to be well aware of based on his response to my question.

I never said that it was not a valid question.
I think you must have missed the tongue in cheek joke from @vvs49 in him showing you those lines of code and matrices of what he changed, including before and after picture for you to discern what changed.
I'm not a coder/programmer, but I still somehow caught his joke and so did some other people that liked his post or replied to it.

All they can do is edit minor things like increase(or reduce) sharpness/contrast/tone/color/exposure/bitrate and other minor things.
They probably cannot enable major features like HDR, wifi station mode, geofencing, remote live view, cloud, or any other major things.
So in essence, they are still in a box and are limited to what they can do without opensource firmware.

My purpose of asking @mentadent was to try to inform him that Viofo would not be out of the ordinary in not open sourcing their firmware, in which he already clearly seems to be well aware of based on his response to my question.

I never said that it was not a valid question.
I think you must have missed the tongue in cheek joke from @vvs49 in him showing you those lines of code and matrices of what he changed, including before and after picture for you to discern what changed.
I'm not a coder/programmer, but I still somehow caught his joke and so did some other people that liked his post or replied to it.

Except I don't speak Hex Editor or Russian....So asking what those changes meant was valid.

139-png.59126

It would be easier and more reliable for programmers to do it with the source code instead of the compiled firmware.

Ya but most companies aren't going to open source their source code. It's proprietary and they spent money developing their software.

Except I never said what you asked was not valid.

I understand the part about my questions...

What I was responding to was this: Don't get the joke.. O well.

Gentlemen !!
To see the comparison before and after, I need conditions !!
1. Two 139 would solve this comparison very simply.
I don’t have two 139, from here the condition is two!
2. Good, sunny weather and will ride the same route twice, but with different firmware.
I have no weather, and judging by the forecasts, it is not expected yet.
Therefore, condition two is postponed, but I will definitely fulfill it !!
At home I compared it on the couch, it turns out great.:)

Gentlemen !!
To see the comparison before and after, I need conditions !!
1. Two 139 would solve this comparison very simply.
I don’t have two 139, from here the condition is two!
2. Good, sunny weather and will ride the same route twice, but with different firmware.
I have no weather, and judging by the forecasts, it is not expected yet.
Therefore, condition two is postponed, but I will definitely fulfill it !!
At home I compared it on the couch, it turns out great.:)
I don't have the weather as well but I have two A139... :cool: (and it shouldn't be a problem to move the back unit to the front for few days)

But only fronts, the rear/interior cameras are mounted on sides and I'm quite happy where they are.

I envy you!! (y):unsure:
I wasn't flexing :ROFLMAO:, it was just about if you want to try/show your firmware side by side with the stock, I can test it.

Nath!!!
Are you okay?
How did the test pass, otherwise it will soon be the second with the HDR !! :)

you testing mod firmware ? i have 1.33 A139 ( one complete system and just the main unit from the test sample that got vandalized during break into my car 11 months ago )
I can test too if need be ( i do just have the one system installed in the car )

So far, only improved the work of the DVR without HDR !!
But that's not all, I need HDR only for the front camera, and for the rest of the WDR.
Now WDR does not work, as it should and should be corrected
Add 21: 9 resolution, improve color balance (lots of red) from external camera ..
There is something to do before the warmth!:)
When I do everything, I will throw off the firmware for tests, this is of course if VIOFO does not get ahead of me (I really hope so)(y)
Normally it can only keep one, WDR or HDR.

We are mainly testing the HDR feature with a new waterproof HDR rear cam, if someone really needs a waterproof rear cam to install outside and has time for testing, please contact us for testing.

We are mainly testing the HDR feature with a new waterproof HDR rear cam,
There the matrix does not support HDR, have you changed the matrix?
I'm ready for testing, A139 is the best DVR ever !! (y)

There the matrix does not support HDR, have you changed the matrix?
HDR is possible on the rear camera if using another CMOS. :cool:

with a new waterproof HDR rear cam, if someone really needs a waterproof rear cam to install outside and has time for testing, please contact us for testing.
Hello! I constantly live in Malaysia, and it is very hot here and the rains are real and I have a lot of cars. I already bought two A139 with 3 cameras, send me waterproof cameras for testing. (y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• кап.jpg
    кап.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 26
If you will mount the rear camera at the position 2 you will have many not detected events if you will want to use the Auto Event Detection in Parking Mode.

Quite right, the second position is just an example or vandal-proof cameras are 3 positions on the body lid.
Red arrows will be blinded by the headlights of the cars from behind.

Back