Nath!!!
So how did the test go?
Nath!!!
Are you okay?
How did the test pass, otherwise it will soon be the second with the HDR !! :)
I'm sorry, I was in the hospital the entire time until yesterday so I'll give a go in the next days. :)

Normally it can only keep one, WDR or HDR.

We are mainly testing the HDR feature with a new waterproof HDR rear cam, if someone really needs a waterproof rear cam to install outside and has time for testing, please contact us for testing.

Could this waterproof rear cam run instead of the interior IR cam?

Paul.

Very likely, but I have not yet received a response from them regarding the test.

They may not send one to new members, but keep your fingers crossed and you might be picked to get one.

The interior cam port is suitable for the waterproof rear cam.
Friends from Viofo, I have already bought a 10m RG-316 cable, MMCX type connectors, I am waiting for a response from you about the tests of the new camera. :):):)

Because 6m of cable is not enough for a Ford Wildtrack.
I have already prepared. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20211224_161501.jpg
    IMG_20211224_161501.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Friends from Viofo, I have already bought a 10m RG-316 cable, MMCX type connectors, I am waiting for a response from you about the tests of the new camera. :):):)
Hello,

Thanks for your support to us. We can send you one for testing. You can direct message me your shipping information.

The interior cam port is suitable for the waterproof rear cam.

If you want to send one too, I'll see what I can do to fit it. (My rear windscreen is the worst on the planet for condensation!) DM sent.

Paul.

Last edited:
What is 'SN'?

To me 129+SN looks much better than 139. How come?

What is 'SN'?
Not everywhere is it better, and the location of the A129 + mount is very close to the left edge, and the A139 is exactly in the center, I will rearrange it when it’s warm !!
And yet both are very worthy !!
Thank you VIOFO !!
P. S.
This is how the DVRs are located!

Attachments

• 129.jpg
    129.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Compare A139 and new 129+SN
My advice is to stop using the A129+SN names here and on Youtube because this will create confusions and will make people starting asking what is a129+SN, if is better than A129+ and so on.
You know very well that the only difference between A129+ and A129+SN is the Wi-Fi chipset and if you really want to make some comparison which is including the SN name it should be only if you want to compare the Wi-Fi speeds. But also this comparison will not help because the A129+ without SN is not produced anymore. So please use in the future only the A129+ name.
In theory could be 2 reasons:
1. as you can see for example at 1:28 on the video, the A139 lens angle seems to be wider compared to A129+, even I don't expect this.
2. it is possible that the A139 video to be processed twice before comparison.
(All my video comparisons even are not looking nice, professional, are encoded side by side using avisynth, so no pre-processing is involved, both source videos are raw. This is why I don't have intro, outro, subtitles, text over video, just the original video from the dashcam.)
Of course can be also the reason written by vvs49 about dashcams mounting positions.

My advice is to stop using the A129+SN
I indicated that, only because of the firmware.
They don't understand otherwise.
And so, yes I agree!(y)

Normally it can only keep one, WDR or HDR.

We are mainly testing the HDR feature with a new waterproof HDR rear cam, if someone really needs a waterproof rear cam to install outside and has time for testing, please contact us for testing.
Hi Viofo, Is this offer still open?

I've just installed an A139 in my Motorhome (RV) and have been looking at a way of using the rear camera effectively. It already has a rear camera hooked up to a TFT screen on the rearview mirror (I have a solid back wall) but it sucks!!

As well as hooking up a Raspberry Pi and ZeroTier VPN to view a remote stream in Wifi Station mode, I'm also looking at how I can get a (waterproof) rear camera that I can record properly and also hopefully view via the AV out on my little TFT screen!

So, really impressed with the A139 so far, but I really want to 'sweat it' :):)

TIA, Martin

Back