The firmware smears a lot, here's the stock and mine, not yet completed before the final !!:)
Yours looks very good in that image (except for your magnification, the unmagnified is good), but is that actually using HDR? I don't see much evidence of HDR doing anything...

Also the bus are just pulling out and so probably at little speed VS the car that might be at the limit of the street,,,,, or maybe even over.
I would only test this on stationary things where you can control your own speed 100 %, then you just have to change the firmware quick and do the drive by again so you also still have the same lightning conditions.

The speed of the bus is higher than that of a car, a car almost stands at a traffic light (after 3 meters) !!

By default, the resolution is 1140_60 fps, so there will be no HDR function, resetting to factory defaults will not help(but it is imperative).
You need to go into wifi mode and switch the resolution to 1440_30fps, then turn off / turn on the DVR and the HDR will appear!

Last edited:
Firmware is really buggy here. Btw it would be great to update with the app or at least to copy the file to the card with the smart phone

1) After Update all settings gets lost and the camera will start in 3 channel recording 1440p 60fps and in chinese
2) If i switch off the interior channel the IOS app will crash. I have to enable 3 channel or i cannot use the app anymore.
3) Geofencing still not work. I can enable it and will find the position but it will just not work and next time the option is disabled again.
4) If i switch off the 3rd channel and enable again it will fallback to 1440p60fps instead of the previous 1440p30fps
5) Cannot test HDR because i cannot disable the 3rd channel

Firmware V1.6_1228_HDR
When you connect an external camera on the iPhone 7 Plus, there are no wifi connections, and on Android there is no choice of camera resolutions.
Everything works with only one camera, as I described above.
I reported to VIOFO.

New firmware support front cam HDR on 2K 30fps for testing.
A139 HDR Firmware.
Request to VIOFO!
Could you give each new firmware its own individual version so that users can differentiate between them. For example, I do not understand which version of the latest firmware released on January 5th. Maybe you should pack them into an archiver, and not just the FWA139A.bin file? And name the folder A139 V1.6 ..., V1.7 V1.8 and so on

Is there a firmware for buffered parking mode for the A139? For example, for an event detection video "15s before" and the video "30s after" the event?

If the Dashcam has no buffered parking mode why does DashcamTalk list this camera with buffered parking mode? Was one of the reasons I bought this camera…

There is a beta FW with parking mode, and for me it worked near-perfectly. I'm sure I have that FW but I have 8 FW versions to sort through to find it as I don't know which one it is. It also might require an older app version- I don't really know- and I won't have a copy of that.

I do wish @viofo would consider an official FW version with motion-detect.

Phil

There is a beta FW with parking mode, and for me it worked near-perfectly. I'm sure I have that FW but I have 8 FW versions to sort through to find it as I don't know which one it is. It also might require an older app version- I don't really know- and I won't have a copy of that.

Phil
Then it is really the case that the firmware that comes with the camera, and the official firmware that you can download has no buffering function? So I need to install a beta version?

Phil
Yes, we are working on it, soon will be released.

This is how it looks, test firmware HDR, nothing with errors, but there is at least some idea !!(y)

Then it is really the case that the firmware that comes with the camera, and the official firmware that you can download has no buffering function? So I need to install a beta version?
Viofo is working on a public version- probably better to wait for that. However the beta version I have functioned perfectly with everything, though I think newer FW had vid quality improvements you might want.

Waiting on an ice storm to hit here and I'm going to be anchored in the driveway till Tuesday as my summer tires can't handle snow or ice. I'll use some of that time to find the FW and post it here as long is I don't lose internet. Just got done with storm preparations and came to the forum to relax a bit before bedtime.

Phil

Viofo is working on a public version- probably better to wait for that. However the beta version I have functioned perfectly with everything, though I think newer FW had vid quality improvements you might want.

Waiting on an ice storm to hit here and I'm going to be anchored in the driveway till Tuesday as my summer tires can't handle snow or ice. I'll use some of that time to find the FW and post it here as long is I don't lose internet. Just got done with storm preparations and came to the forum to relax a bit before bedtime.

Phil
I hope the storm is a small one. I am sure you can find some "interesting" posts on the site;)

I don't want to wait for an official release. There is no release date yet. I drive a Hyundai Ioniq 5th electric car and often charge at public charging stations. Therefore I need the parking surveillance 15 sec before and 30 sec after the event. I get the cam on Monday and will install the beta software. Hope everything works.

Lucked out with the ice storm but got a record snowfall instead :LOL:
I went digging through old posts and as best I can tell the 0315FW has motion detect parking mode. I had renamed the file and attempted to correct that when I sent it to google drive (link HERE) but when I tried to load it in my cam I got a "Please insert memory card" message :( I'm pretty sure I have the file naming convention wrong so to use it you will have to rename the file correctly. Since I couldn't load it I couldn't test if it works with the current app. If someone knows the correct naming convention for this FW please post it. I know it is a V1.0 type FW.

This FW does have some quirks like locked buttons, older vid quality, no parking timer etc so I still recommend waiting for the new version, and if you try my FW link you're on your own- I will not be responsible for any bricking or problems you may have with it. All I know is that it did work when I used it and saved the file.

Phil

It looks like you have more snow in the USA than we do in Switzerland. :cautious:

Yes, I want to wait for the official version. That's why I asked VIOFO if there is already a release date.

Lucked out with the ice storm but got a record snowfall instead :LOL:
I went digging through old posts and as best I can tell the 0315FW has motion detect parking mode. I had renamed the file and attempted to correct that when I sent it to google drive (link HERE) but when I tried to load it in my cam I got a "Please insert memory card" message :( I'm pretty sure I have the file naming convention wrong so to use it you will have to rename the file correctly. Since I couldn't load it I couldn't test if it works with the current app. If someone knows the correct naming convention for this FW please post it. I know it is a V1.0 type FW.

This FW does have some quirks like locked buttons, older vid quality, no parking timer etc so I still recommend waiting for the new version, and if you try my FW link you're on your own- I will not be responsible for any bricking or problems you may have with it. All I know is that it did work when I used it and saved the file.

Phil
The file name is just FWA139A.bin for all of the versions as far as I’m aware.

Back