Mobius Maxi 4K Action Camera / Dashcam

So, the camera comes with the heat sink? And a lens shade?
Yes - I think so. Although a quick look at ebay listings shows different contents so I might be wrong? The silicone shade is only developed so far for the wide angle lens A, not the newer F1.5 lens C which has a narrower AOV.

Last edited:
Another consideration with the external heatsink is that it might affect how you mount the camera. I usually apply a strip of dual-lock tape to the mount cradle. However the tape is 25mm wide, whereas the gap between the flanges of the heatsink is 20mm. That's another reason why I never got around to testing it.

I'm not sure I can visualize what you mean by the "flanges of the heat sink", but I think I know what you mean. I would imagine you could trim the dual-lock tape though.

Last edited:
Yes - I think so. Although a quick look at ebay listings shows different contents so I might be wrong? The silicone shade is only developed so far for the wide angle lens A, not the newer F1.5 lens C which has a narrower AOV.

Any news on whether they have any intention of actually selling a camera with the ƒ/1.5 lens?

I'm not sure I can visualize what you mean by the "flanges of the heat sink", but I think I know what you mean. I would imagine you could trim the dual-lock tape though.
Sorry - I had my structural engineer hat on there, thinking about flanges on a steel channel section.

MM4K Heatsink 1.jpg

MM4K Heatsink 2.jpg

MM4K Heatsink 3.jpg

Sorry - I had my structural engineer hat on there, thinking about flanges on a steel channel section.

View attachment 60287

View attachment 60288

View attachment 60289

Thanks. Apparently, I did visualize it correctly as I imagined it to be.

So, with your structural engineer hat on, I'll bet you could come up with a scheme to put some dual-lock on there. :geek:

I've sometimes used pretty small pieces of dual-lock with good effect, especially with light weight items.

Last edited:

Mobius Maxi MM4K Lens C Action Camera Sports Pocket DashCam Horizontal FOV 110°​

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154909724543
Available with battery or capacitor.

Cool, I guess I missed it. Probably because I've been more focused on the capacitor version. If they sort out the problems with the capacitor I would want it with that lens.

MM4K - Gyroflow Video Stabilisation

The latest FW update for the MM4K includes an option for exporting data from the gyro sensor as a .csv file alongside each video clip. This allows for image stabilisation during post-processing in a third-party application like Gyroflow, which is much more capable than the onboard image stabilisation due to the greater processing power of a PC or laptop.

This might appeal to some RC users, or perhaps anyone who uses the MM4K as a dashcam on their motorbike or pedal bike?

These video clips from someone on RCGroups give an idea of what the MM4K can do with Gyroflow:

NOTE: You might want to turn down your volume before watching this!

If you want to know more, read this post over at RC Groups: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=49058903&postcount=237

Last edited:
Received my Mobius Maxi 4K today, read the tiny manual, installed mSetup and changed the settings to the desired. All is well so stuck it on charge.

It's now completely unresponsive and won't power up. Green light still comes on when charging but won't power on whether connected or not and no longer visible in explorer (obviously). Reset button does nothing.

Not a great start Mobius.

Received my Mobius Maxi 4K today, read the tiny manual, installed mSetup and changed the settings to the desired. All is well so stuck it on charge.

It's now completely unresponsive and won't power up. Green light still comes on when charging but won't power on whether connected or not and no longer visible in explorer (obviously). Reset button does nothing.

Not a great start Mobius.

Are you confident in unplugging the battery, wait a few minutes, replug the battery and try again?

I don't know if that would resolve the issue, but it's worth a try......

Are you confident in unplugging the battery, wait a few minutes, replug the battery and try again?

I don't know if that would resolve the issue, but it's worth a try......

Aye I wouldn't normally have a problem doing that as I have to pull apart xbox controllers every so often to replace the mic component, but the Maxi 4K being 2 hours old I wouldn't want to invalid the warranty. I'll see what the vendor comes back with, although he's taking a while to reply, which isn't great considering the delivery got balls up as well.

EDIT: I forgot to say thanks for the suggestion, apologies, I'm a little distracted with this.

Aye I wouldn't normally have a problem doing that as I have to pull apart xbox controllers every so often to replace the mic component, but the Maxi 4K being 2 hours old I wouldn't want to invalid the warranty. I'll see what the vendor comes back with, although he's taking a while to reply, which isn't great considering the delivery got balls up as well.

Good move. It's probably the best way to go.

Try to remove the SD card, and plugging it into the PC.
It should appear as a webcam.
This will help narrow down the problem to the SD card.
From my experience most of the problems with the mobius has something to do with the SD card.

I will note my maxi 4K has a supercap, and i did notice its sometimes won't boot up, in which case i found that i need to remove the power cable for a while (like 10 minutes), and then it works. plugging it after a few seconds or even a minute or two doesn't work. I would guess it has to be discharged completely, but that can't be as it retains the date. So can't point to a reasonable cause.

Try to remove the SD card, and plugging it into the PC.
It should appear as a webcam.
This will help narrow down the problem to the SD card.
From my experience most of the problems with the mobius has something to do with the SD card.

I will note my maxi 4K has a supercap, and i did notice its sometimes won't boot up, in which case i found that i need to remove the power cable for a while (like 10 minutes), and then it works. plugging it after a few seconds or even a minute or two doesn't work. I would guess it has to be discharged completely, but that can't be as it retains the date. So can't point to a reasonable cause.

Thanks, but it won't even power up. Tried with and without micro SD card. I got the battery version because it was going to be strapped to my dome.

I kept it on charge until the green light went out, so something is working in there. Still no response from the shop, I suspect a claim through PayPal may be necessary.

I'm just really disappointed with both product and customer service. I bought a whole load of Street Guardian cameras in the past to kit out the fleet and not one was faulty and follow up CS was night and day to Mobius.

If it was working when you got it, and applying settings in the mSetup is the only thing that made it stop working, then i doubt it doesnt work.
Maybe there's a combination of keys for a factory reset.
I don't know where you bought it from, but if its from ebay eletoponline365 store, then he maybe slow to respond (a few days sometimes), but he always responded to me, and i've sent him Mobius 2 and got it back from him.

If it was working when you got it, and applying settings in the mSetup is the only thing that made it stop working, then i doubt it doesnt work.
Maybe there's a combination of keys for a factory reset.
I don't know where you bought it from, but if its from ebay eletoponline365 store, then he maybe slow to respond (a few days sometimes), but he always responded to me, and i've sent him Mobius 2 and got it back from him.

Cheers, according to the manual the reset button should take care of any firmware lockups. The camera worked after using mSetup, it was about 10 minutes later I started charging it and then a little later I went to turn it on to check something and nothing happened. I suspect the battery, but then the green charge light seems to be working correctly.

Here's what it says for no power up. I've charged the battery right up and still no luck. I'm guessing the last point involved opening it up to check the ribbon connector?

Q. When I press the Power button, nothing happens.

A. An apparent 'dead' camera can be caused by the following:
• The battery is flat or defective. Replace or charge the battery.
• The Firmware may have locked up. Use a paper clip or similar object to press the Reset button.
• The lens module cable is not properly inserted or defective. Ensure the lens cable is firmly and squarely seated at both ends. Take note that the connectors have an opening mechanism. Never use force to insert/remove the cable.

I didn't buy from eBay, it was a store which is apparently a Authorised UK Reseller of Mobius cams. He was fairly quick to respond earlier in the day when we were discussing the delivery, maybe he's been called away so I'm happy enough to wait until the end of tomorrow for a response, it's not exactly a life or death situation lol

Despite several emails yesterday and today, Chris from Webbex is not responding at all nor is he answering the phone. Looks like I have no alternative other than raising a PayPal dispute.

The camera worked after using mSetup, it was about 10 minutes later I started charging it and then a little later I went to turn it on to check something and nothing happened. I suspect the battery, but then the green charge light seems to be working correctly.
When you say the camera worked after using mSetup, did it work without an external power supply? Did you manage to record any video?

I had one MM4K sent to me with the battery not connected to the circuit board. It would appear to charge (green light on) but in fact nothing was happening.

Despite several emails yesterday and today, Chris from Webbex is not responding at all nor is he answering the phone.
Chris has normally been fairly responsive in the 9 years I've dealt with him. Selling cameras isn't his primary business, however I'm surprised he hasn't responded within a day.

When you say the camera worked after using mSetup, did it work without an external power supply? Did you manage to record any video?

I had one MM4K sent to me with the battery not connected to the circuit board. It would appear to charge (green light on) but in fact nothing was happening.

Aye, I got a quick 10 secs of test footage just to check. Everything worked absolutely fine, even after setup. I've tried everything except opening it up, which I don't do as it's brand new - well I certainly hope it is.

Back